Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.1
State: Ontario
THOR #394
Storage locker separation

Hi there, half way through my first week out in a brand new Thor 30.1, I found the rear (under bedroom) storage locker had separated from the inside of the wall at the door. Looking underneath the vehicle, the floor of the locker is only attached to the inside wall by three small screws into pressboard. One was gone and two were tearing out. I found this short of dumping small items out on the road, but clearly the attachment is insufficient. You can check by looking inside the locker but better by looking underneath. I added a length of 1 x 2 and some hefty woodscrews to support the edge under the floor of the locker. Mike

Old 08-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Hey Mike, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that there is trouble with your new coach. Half a week isn't a very long time for it to be able to start coming apart at the seams. The quality control sure seems to be a lost art these days.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
....The quality control sure seems to be a lost art these days.....
First off, let me extend another welcome to the forum. I'm pretty much a newbie here myself. From experience, let me recommend if you haven't already to lodge a complaint on this issue to Thor customer service and the selling dealership, Do both by phone call and email and save to file any communications you get.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
welcome. brand new, that goes straight back in for warranty work. It seems I remember someone posting on the crossroads forum about the bed in their cruiser ripping away from the wall. They did their own fix on it but in your situation this is warranty. if the dealership stalls or gives you any problems contact Thor directly. DO NOT Sit on this.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote