Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Swivel Drivers Seat Mod?

My Compass 23TR has a swivel passenger seat, and a fixed mount Drivers seat. Can't help wishing that the drivers seat had a swivel mount, since it would be the perfect seat for watching TV when parked. I know that a swivel drivers seat is an option on the Sprinter chassis, but apparently not on the Ford chassis. I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to make this modification?

Thanks!

Old 01-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
Can not speak to the way your unit is set up, however I have modified the seat posts in my rig. If you have a seat post on the drivers side and can see where its bolted to the frame. If you can get to the four bolts that's half your battle. I would then go to https://shop4seats.com and find a post that will work for you. On my unit there were four bolts that held the seat to the post its not a hard job at all.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
Can not speak to the way your unit is set up, however I have modified the seat posts in my rig. If you have a seat post on the drivers side and can see where its bolted to the frame. If you can get to the four bolts that's half your battle. I would then go to https://shop4seats.com and find a post that will work for you. On my unit there were four bolts that held the seat to the post its not a hard job at all.
Thanks for the link, be happy! Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that they offer a swivel base for the drivers seat of the 2017 Ford Transit chassis.

I've researched this issue on other forums, and it appears that the main stumbling block is the height of the emergency brake, which needs to be lowered to accommodate most after market swivel bases...that's beyond my skill set