Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-02-2022, 11:14 PM   #201

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
New t mobile home coming..I guess leaving it in a MH for 5 days near 100 degrees burned something out
It more than likely burned itself. The round cylindrical models were know for overheating. Look at it, almost no place for it to vent within itself. Plus the way you and the misses stream it is getting full usage The new one, vents top, bottom, and sides all the way around. Plus I think the black looks a lot nicer, it is smaller and has screen in the front to easily check statuses.

Mine is in my RV fully powered with no AC, I doubt if it hit 100 though, my guess is 85 - 90, but our days of 100 is coming. I can wait

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:35 AM   #202

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
It more than likely burned itself. The round cylindrical models were know for overheating. Look at it, almost no place for it to vent within itself. Plus the way you and the misses stream it is getting full usage The new one, vents top, bottom, and sides all the way around. Plus I think the black looks a lot nicer, it is smaller and has screen in the front to easily check statuses.

Mine is in my RV fully powered with no AC, I doubt if it hit 100 though, my guess is 85 - 90, but our days of 100 is coming. I can wait
Thx for the update my friend
Old 05-06-2022, 12:28 PM   #203

THOR #20220
Moved in on Cinco 5th to our new NM home.
MH next door. T mobile in most of house 1.2 Gb .furthest away 960 Meg! So far so good !
Weather for last month 70 to 90..no rain..dry ..breeze daily..evenings and nights cool and wonderful

Wife said the best move we have ever made.
Sold MT & closed in under 3 months.
We only live once and weather is our #1.
We lost 5 to 7 months of outdoors fun living in winters and now we fully have our entire day back..

Safe camping all
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 12:50 PM   #204

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
T-Mobile Home Internet!!! $50 month

Quote:
Moved in on Cinco 5th to our new NM home.
MH next door. T mobile in most of house 1.2 Gb .furthest away 960 Meg! So far so good !
Weather for last month 70 to 90..no rain..dry ..breeze daily..evenings and nights cool and wonderful

Wife said the best move we have ever made.
Sold MT & closed in under 3 months.
We only live once and weather is our #1.
We lost 5 to 7 months of outdoors fun living in winters and now we fully have our entire day back..

Safe camping all

Scuba…. We live primarily in Florida because of the weather but winter is fun too! We go back north in January and February to snowmobile!!!! MT has some very good snowmobiling!

But in a few years we will probably sell the snowmobiles once we feel like we don’t have the stamina for it any more.

I just got an email from T-Mobile for the $50 Debit Card for their Home Internet. They called me a bunch of times after I checked addresses and gave them my phone number. I just got back north so I’m going to order it for my mother’s address to give it a try in our coach. I’ll report back once I get it set up and can try it in a few places.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:51 PM   #205

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Scuba…. We live primarily in Florida because of the weather but winter is fun too! We go back north in January and February to snowmobile!!!! MT has some very good snowmobiling!

But in a few years we will probably sell the snowmobiles once we feel like we don’t have the stamina for it any more.

I just got an email from T-Mobile for the $50 Debit Card for their Home Internet. They called me a bunch of times after I checked addresses and gave them my phone number. I just got back north so I’m going to order it for my mother’s address to give it a try in our coach. I’ll report back once I get it set up and can try it in a few places.

Great help for mom!
Yes montana is full.
We reversed our MT process.
Will do 1 to 2 months in the summer with family camping.
We ship items there since no tax
Yes montana has the best winter activities
Here in NM we are 1 to 2 hours from skiing snowboarding up north.
So BEST of both worlds.

T mobile may have enhanced our marriage since we had great signal traveling 7 months on the road!

Wife love youtube tv and UMLIMITED RECORDING AND DOWNLOADS TO ANY DEVICE
Old 05-06-2022, 06:39 PM   #206

THOR #13058
Quote:
T mobile may have enhanced our marriage since we had great signal traveling 7 months on the road!
And it is a lot cheaper than a marriage counselor or a divorce. A must have for every RV couple
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 05-16-2022, 05:06 PM   #207

Model: Chateau 28A
State: Arizona
THOR #25443
I thought I'd share my latest discovery with Verizon $50/mo home Internet service. I'm now on month 3 and so far I was billed $60/mo on my credit card. I called in the beginning and their rep said " it take 2 months before you get the "discount." Today I got an email from Verizon basically stating they have re-defined "Auto Pay" to mean only a checking acct. debit or Verizon Credit Card qualify for the $10 monthly discount. Another kinda sleeze advertising to almost tell the truth. As soon as T-Mobile is avail here I'll fire Verizon. It's a shame our companies won't just be honest.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:17 PM   #208

THOR #20220
Verizon going up!!

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/her...er-next-month/
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 05-16-2022, 05:19 PM   #209

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsand View Post
I thought I'd share my latest discovery with Verizon $50/mo home Internet service. I'm now on month 3 and so far I was billed $60/mo on my credit card. I called in the beginning and their rep said " it take 2 months before you get the "discount." Today I got an email from Verizon basically stating they have re-defined "Auto Pay" to mean only a checking acct. debit or Verizon Credit Card qualify for the $10 monthly discount. Another kinda sleeze advertising to almost tell the truth. As soon as T-Mobile is avail here I'll fire Verizon. It's a shame our companies won't just be honest.
Wow we fired Verizon and t mobile paid $1800 for our phones!
Old 05-16-2022, 05:50 PM   #210

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsand View Post
Verizon has been this way for years. Discount for debit card only
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:53 PM   #211

THOR #20220
How is it that T-Mobile can legitimately claim it covers 99% of Americans with LTE? That seems like a stretch, even considering they’ve done a great job of improving what was for many years some pretty awful coverage.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...ed-lte-no-joke
Old 05-22-2022, 12:18 PM   #212

Model: 2019 Axis 25.6 "Otto"
State: Michigan
THOR #24224
Update- I think I finally found the dead spot for T-Mobile… We are with friends at Fort Boonesborough State Park outside of Richmond, KY. No service for my silver cylinder 5G, while our friends are one spot over with the short black 5G with no signal as well. Their phones are also offline as they are on T-Mobile, but our phones/iPads have decent reception with AT&T. We can tether to our AT&T devices so we’re not missing much, except our doggy-cam is offline. I was considering changing all devices over to T-Mobile, but this has taught me that having two different providers can be advantageous.
Old 05-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #213
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
How is it that T-Mobile can legitimately claim it covers 99% of Americans with LTE? That seems like a stretch, even considering they’ve done a great job of improving what was for many years some pretty awful coverage.

95% of Americans is not 95% of the land we live on.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:28 PM   #214

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:

Come to the Pacific Northwest. T-mobile coverage is horrible. Ironically it is where they started.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:49 PM   #215

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirny View Post
Update- I think I finally found the dead spot for T-Mobile… We are with friends at Fort Boonesborough State Park outside of Richmond, KY. No service for my silver cylinder 5G, while our friends are one spot over with the short black 5G with no signal as well. Their phones are also offline as they are on T-Mobile, but our phones/iPads have decent reception with AT&T. We can tether to our AT&T devices so we’re not missing much, except our doggy-cam is offline. I was considering changing all devices over to T-Mobile, but this has taught me that having two different providers can be advantageous.
Wow I am enjoying our $120 bill. 2 phones and t mobile home!
Old 05-22-2022, 07:40 PM   #216

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Wow I am enjoying our $120 bill. 2 phones and t mobile home!
I pay the same for Verizon with 2 phones and verizon home. Leaving Thursday for a 7 week trip to the south. Ill see how verizon home works If it sucks I might have to change over to t-mobile

At my house verizon home is bad, lte only no 5G here. I keep the device in the mh always on. even though its slow I can use my smart tvs and never have a problem streaming or buffering

Hopefully it work on this trip.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:48 PM   #217

THOR #20220
Good luck verizon everything sucked in our home !
Old 05-22-2022, 10:43 PM   #218

THOR #13058
Quote:
Good luck verizon everything sucked in our home !

In Dallas area my experience with them has always been good. Of course I never had a Verizon mobile anything so I may be disqualified from opinion?

I remember when Verizon 1st came to our area and they practically gave us Fiber for free while they got it established. My perception of Verizon was very high quality product but kind of pricey? We had AT&T phones and back then it was not cheap to change over. It was very hard to get unlock phones on Verizon network and not one of those got a have a new phone every year guy. AT&T ( who I hate more than anything) finally pushed over the edge; about 11 years ago. We took two brand new AT&T phones we forced to buy / keep after a AT&T bait & switch ploy. We had T-Mobile help us to get them unlocked and the rest was history.

With that said, I am sure all of them are good at what they do, I ain't hatin on nobody but AT&T.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:53 PM   #219

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirny View Post

Did you call T Mobile and ask if they have service in the area? Maybe a tower went down, service repairs or something similar? I don't know flip about Kentucky other than I am told there are lots of horse there? Anyhoo I would think the size of Richmond and it's proximity to not only Lexington,KY, I-75 they would have service if all thing are normal?
Old 05-23-2022, 08:54 AM   #220

THOR #20220
Hey if you have the old gray tower you can replace free.
I told them a friend has the new one and they will ship new black tower in 3 days. T mobile claims no service at new address but all phones and t mobile home work great.