Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2022, 01:18 AM   #321

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
[QUOTE=MichFigs;351113]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Hey all maybe you all get together and email me a gift card since so many have a better rv life..

Thank you Scubawise for sending me down this path! Short story, went to a more secure phone in February and found that Verizon would not support it. Switched to T-Mobile, while in Florida and have been very impressed with their coverage ever since, (not like the old SPRINT days). So after reading your posts and everyone else having some success, decided to use the 14 day free trial option. Went to a local T-Mobile store here in Michigan and picked up a Home Internet unit (did not even have to argue about my area, not having availability. So far working fine from home, cannot wait until we head up north next week and see how the service works while driving and at pour destination.

Thanks again and if this does as well I think it will, a REAL gift card will be coming your way!

Great hope it works out..no need for gift card..appreciate helping

Old 07-23-2022, 11:13 PM   #322

THOR #20220
Looks like they are in trouble.
Thanks to me leaving this costly outfit.
I found this on NewsBreak: Verizon Wireless Consumers Leave as Price Hikes Start Showing Up on Bills
https://share.newsbreak.com/1heob9vq

https://share.newsbreak.com/1heob9vq
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 02:37 PM   #323

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Looks like T Mobile customers are going to get a check? Not sure what each customer will get?
T-Mobile has agreed to pay $350 million to settle multiple class-action suits stemming from a data breach disclosed last year affecting tens of millions of people.

In the proposed settlement announced Friday, T-Mobile also agreed to spend an extra $150 million on cybersecurity through the end of 2023. Court documents outlining the proposed agreement were filed in the US District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
More than 76 million US residents affected by the breach will be part of the proposed class, according to a court filing accompanying the settlement agreement. During its initial disclosures surrounding the breach, T-Mobile had said it believed a hacker had stolen information on about 53 million current, former or prospective customers. The company began investigating the breach in August 2021 after Vice reported claims made on an underground online forum offering T-Mobile customer data for sale.
If approved, T-Mobile's $350 million will go into a fund covering payments to class members, as well as legal and administrative fees.
"Customers are first in everything we do and protecting their information is a top priority," T-Mobile said in a statement on its website Friday. "Like every company, we are not immune to these criminal attacks. Our efforts to guard against them continue and over the past year we have doubled down on our extensive cybersecurity program."
The company added it has created a "cybersecurity transformation office" reporting to CEO Mike Sievert and hired cybersecurity firm Mandiant as well as consulting firms Accenture and KPMG "to design strategies and execute plans" to improve its cybersecurity posture.
T-Mobile expects the settlement to be approved in December at the earliest, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing, though it cautioned that appeals or other proceedings could result in delays.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 05:49 PM   #324

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Arizona
THOR #14921
I’d look for the legal and administrative fees to consume at least 50% of that…
Midlothian, TX / Gold Canyon, AZ
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 09:15 PM   #325

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
I’d look for the legal and administrative fees to consume at least 50% of that…
50% of something is 100% of what you didn't have.

It is like having just won at a slot machine, but having to pay ridicules fees and taxes. ( I will take it )

But for t-Mobile the financial woes and liability is the same. Just sharing that Verizon & t - mobile has few demons in the closet. But one difference is t - mobile not even blinking to make this payout.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 07-25-2022, 11:26 PM   #326

THOR #20220
Go T mobile. 2 month anniversary in our new las curses home. No issues !

Hitting the road soon to Montana with t mobile
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 07-26-2022, 03:36 PM   #327

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Arizona
THOR #14921
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
50% of something is 100% of what you didn't have.

It is like having just won at a slot machine, but having to pay ridicules fees and taxes. ( I will take it )

But for t-Mobile the financial woes and liability is the same. Just sharing that Verizon & t - mobile has few demons in the closet. But one difference is t - mobile not even blinking to make this payout.
True, but a check for $12.63 (if that’s what it ends up at) will be of little consolation to someone whose identity was stolen due to poor data protection strategies on the part of the company. How much is your identity worth?
Midlothian, TX / Gold Canyon, AZ
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 05:41 PM   #328

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
True, but a check for $12.63 (if that’s what it ends up at) will be of little consolation to someone whose identity was stolen due to poor data protection strategies on the part of the company. How much is your identity worth?
I don't how much my identity is worth, but if I got $26 I wouldn't see much difference either so 50% reduction may be irrelevant? The point of the article is that it is going to cost T Mobile at least 350 million, so they have their own woes as do Verizon.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:26 PM   #329

THOR #13058
Quote:
Go T mobile. 2 month anniversary in our new las curses home. No issues !

Hitting the road soon to Montana with t mobile
Back in Houston again. Houston, I don't have a problem. T Mobile Home Internet continues to impress. Don't know where I need to go to get a bad T -Mobile Home Internet reception on the road, but if I never go there it is NEVER a problem. Quality is fitness for use.

It works so well, I no longer view as $50/month. To me it is $600/yr. I just turn it on for trips. I may go 6 weeks and not need but I may need one time really bad at any time.

I do turn it off at night when we go to bed if boondocking.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:34 PM   #330

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
T-Mobile Home Internet!!! $50 month

Quote:
Back in Houston again. Houston, I don't have a problem. T Mobile Home Internet continues to impress. Don't know where I need to go to get a bad T -Mobile Home Internet reception on the road, but if I never go there it is NEVER a problem. Quality is fitness for use.

It works so well, I no longer view as $50/month. To me it is $600/yr. I just turn it on for trips. I may go 6 weeks and not need but I may need one time really bad at any time.

I'm giving mine another test drive this weekend. At home it has been working great but we have camped twice and T-Mobile was only giving us 1 bar of signal and speeds that were unusable.

On the bright side StarLink worked great where T-Mobile would not. We are going to a campground where I already no there is no AT&T coverage and Verizon is 0 - 1 bars. T-Mobile claims 5G coverage there wo we will see... but they also claimed 5G coverage at the other two places.

I have Starlink paused since we have not used it in a month and we won't need it until the end of August so if T-Mobile doesn't work this weekend, we'll just go Internet / phone-less. Its not worth $135 for a couple days of use and not needing Starlink for another month.

I'll be giving both T-Mobile and Starlink thorough tests over 10 or 11 weeks starting late August as we hit Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Missouri and as we go from the east to west and back.

Keep you posted......
Old 07-29-2022, 03:31 PM   #331

THOR #20220
Quote:

Amen brother.
I can't belive we have unlimited fast access for $50 month.

Stream stream stream. Wife drives down road on computer 100%.
Makes my driving easier

She can watch anything !
Old 07-29-2022, 05:21 PM   #332

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I'm giving mine another test drive this weekend. At home it has been working great but we have camped twice and T-Mobile was only giving us 1 bar of signal and speeds that were unusable.

On the bright side StarLink worked great where T-Mobile would not. We are going to a campground where I already no there is no AT&T coverage and Verizon is 0 - 1 bars. T-Mobile claims 5G coverage there wo we will see... but they also claimed 5G coverage at the other two places.

I have Starlink paused since we have not used it in a month and we won't need it until the end of August so if T-Mobile doesn't work this weekend, we'll just go Internet / phone-less. Its not worth $135 for a couple days of use and not needing Starlink for another month.

I'll be giving both T-Mobile and Starlink thorough tests over 10 or 11 weeks starting late August as we hit Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Missouri and as we go from the east to west and back.

Keep you posted......

Keep us updated. Good test.
I tried 23 states over 7 months no t mobile issues
Old 07-29-2022, 07:31 PM   #333

THOR #12751
T-Mobile Home Internet!!! $50 month

Quote:
Keep us updated. Good test.
I tried 23 states over 7 months no t mobile issues

Well…. I’ve had my first successful T-Mobile test after three camping trips. Just got setup and have 2 - 3 bars. Only getting about 5Mbps but enough to surf and make phone calls in a campground I’ve been before where there was nothing.

Now I won’t be tempted to start up my Starlink service just for a weekend. Although Starlink might be a challenge because we are in a spot surrounded by a lot of trees.

But my strategy of using T-Mobile and Starlink to give us coverage 98% of the time does seem to be paying off! [emoji106]
Old 07-29-2022, 09:19 PM   #334

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Well…. I’ve had my first successful T-Mobile test after three camping trips. Just got setup and have 2 - 3 bars. Only getting about 5Mbps but enough to surf and make phone calls in a campground I’ve been before where there was nothing.

Now I won’t be tempted to start up my Starlink service just for a weekend. Although Starlink might be a challenge because we are in a spot surrounded by a lot of trees.

But my strategy of using T-Mobile and Starlink to give us coverage 98% of the time does seem to be paying off! [emoji106]
I have an idea. I am less than 3 miles away from NASA just south of Clear Lake. How about I run up there and drop off my T- Mobile Home Internet box; so they can affix it to a shuttle or rocket... that may the ultimate test

I like the way you quantify your expectations. You are basically saying that you are willing to make 49 out 50 trips with no Internet coverage. Of that I am gonna speculate, that your perception is that T mobile work 70% 35 out of 50 and Starlink may work 90% 45 of 50. But collectively, you not only save money on carrying On Demand Starlink you improve your overall internet access?

Context is everything. My love with T - Mobile is based on what my RV experience was BEFORE my Home Internet. Before I had good internet service about 25% of the time. I spent 1 - 4 hours every trip powering up laptop, WiFi Camp Pro v2 and Extender, begging to get a wifi code, pulling into a public area hoping that free wifi would be available and of course using our t mobile hotspot from phones as backup. The above worked when it worked but it was just a PITS because in most case the public Wifi bandwidths were too horrible to stream. Hard to go into a Camp Park office and complain I can't stream a football game. But I lived with the ineptness until one day, while traveling I had a important video meeting. I was connected, but bandwidth sucked. I got T mobile home for 30 days free plus a $50 card My experience was unreal. It solved all of my previous woes. Thus far ( 6 months) I have had 100% coverage for wherever I have been or when needed My expectation now is 90% coverage meaning that I am willing to accept 1 out of 10 trips I may not have WiFi. That is stark contrast to 25% I was getting BEFORE; to the 100% I am currently experiencing with willingness to accept that I may eventually find a place to say "hey, there is no T -Mobile internet here"
Old 07-29-2022, 10:05 PM   #335

THOR #12751
Quote:
I have an idea. I am less than 3 miles away from NASA just south of Clear Lake. How about I run up there and drop off my T- Mobile Home Internet box; so they can affix it to a shuttle or rocket... that may the ultimate test

I like the way you quantify your expectations. You are basically saying that you are willing to make 49 out 50 trips with no Internet coverage. Of that I am gonna speculate, that your perception is that T mobile work 70% 35 out of 50 and Starlink may work 90% 45 of 50. But collectively, you not only save money on carrying On Demand Starlink you improve your overall internet access?

Context is everything. My love with T - Mobile is based on what my RV experience was BEFORE my Home Internet. Before I had good internet service about 25% of the time. I spent 1 - 4 hours every trip powering up laptop, WiFi Camp Pro v2 and Extender, begging to get a wifi code, pulling into a public area hoping that free wifi would be available and of course using our t mobile hotspot from phones as backup. The above worked when it worked but it was just a PITS because in most case the public Wifi bandwidths were too horrible to stream. Hard to go into a Camp Park office and complain I can't stream a football game. But I lived with the ineptness until one day, while traveling I had a important video meeting. I was connected, but bandwidth sucked. I got T mobile home for 30 days free plus a $50 card My experience was unreal. It solved all of my previous woes. Thus far ( 6 months) I have had 100% coverage for wherever I have been or when needed My expectation now is 90% coverage meaning that I am willing to accept 1 out of 10 trips I may not have WiFi. That is stark contrast to 25% I was getting BEFORE; to the 100% I am currently experiencing with willingness to accept that I may eventually find a place to say "hey, there is no T -Mobile internet here"

I know what you mean!

I have the Winegard ConnecT 2 and had the unlimited AT&T plan back when it was $360/yr. While the Winegard could grab signal a phone couldn’t, there were atill plenty of places it wouldy work.

Then I switched the wife to Xfinity so we had AT&T and Verizon covered…. But alas… there were still plenty of places both struck out. Then camp WiFi was hit or miss too.

I was on the Starlink waitlist so when the RV option came out I jumped it… right after I jumped aboard the T-Mobile train… thanks to Scuba-man and his thread.

I’m a technology junkie but I can live with Internet 95 out of 100 times in the coach. The wife is the crazy one… while she is not a technology fan she is a bear with a hangnail if she doesn’t have Internet with her coffee first thing in the morning! [emoji3064]

I’m a fan of T-Mobile and it has saved me money at home and given me another option if Starlink isn’t an option.

The best part is both solutions can be paused when not in use so while it now costs me ~$550 a season for these two options, it’s not that bad especially when I compare it to the $360 AT&T solution that maybe worked 60 - 70% of the time.

[emoji106]
Old 07-29-2022, 11:53 PM   #336

THOR #20220
Quote:

This is extremely important.
To drive .be a little tired. Setup MH.
plug in t mobile and connect in 5 minutes is the BEST experience for us!
Old 08-04-2022, 05:09 PM   #337

THOR #20220
I found this on NewsBreak: T-Mobile vs Verizon vs AT&T: final H1 2022 5G test results are in... and they're pretty great
https://share.newsbreak.com/1jegm6nc

https://share.newsbreak.com/1jegm6nc
Old 08-11-2022, 01:39 AM   #338

THOR #13058
T Mobile Home is now for ANYONE

So T Mobile finally got tired of turning customers away. Maybe they need money to pay out the class action lawsuit

So now you can order T Mobile Home as long as you want in areas not available but you have to get the Lite plan, it caps off at 100GB.

It is still $50/month, but if you were truly planning to buy to have in your RV when traveling, you can do so legally now with your home address. Just be prepared to step down in speed if you go over 100GB.

https://www.cnet.com/home/internet/t...a-limit-catch/
Old 08-11-2022, 01:58 AM   #339
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
So T Mobile finally got tired of turning customers away. Maybe they need money to pay out the class action lawsuit

So now you can order T Mobile Home as long as you want in areas not available but you have to get the Lite plan, it caps off at 100GB.

It is still $50/month, but if you were truly planning to buy to have in your RV when traveling, you can do so legally now with your home address. Just be prepared to step down in speed if you go over 100GB.

https://www.cnet.com/home/internet/t...a-limit-catch/
Yet when I go to their website to sign up they still say I have to join a waitlist.

Apparently this does not start until next week.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:32 AM   #340

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Yet when I go to their website to sign up they still say I have to join a waitlist.

Apparently this does not start until next week.
Yeah they have to clear out all of Scuba's backlog.

I think this just got announced yesterday. I saw a fella going all out of his way to install a cell booster on top of his RV. After done; he was barely seeing 1 or 2 bars. He was looking into ground plane and all of that, so I asked if he tried T Mobile Home Internet. He has AT&T in PA area. He then got fixated on the 100gb cap without understanding that it is not a negative limitation, but a flex from T mobile for those that legally want to try that know T-mobile is in their area. T - mobile is basically saying yes we will sign you up in those areas with our lite plan. I don't need unlimited in my RV, but since both plans are $50, there is not motivation for me to change. But if you have RV and want this lite plan just for RV when you travel it fills the bill ( in fact; I believe it is only option in area where T mobile knows there capacity is limited).