Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FE22 (traded)
State: North Carolina
THOR #4681
Thank GOD I bought an RV!!!

I had no idea 4 months ago when the DW and I decided to purchase a class C, that I would be using it in so many ways besides going camping. We just made it through Matthew with a large oak tree almost smashing the house and our pool. Thank GOD that I put the RV "out to pasture" away from all the trees and headed it into the wind. We are now basically living out of it, using the genny to power the home water system on occasion and keeping the food from spoiling that we JUST bought a week before the storm. I'm truly loving the hot showers and the hot food. I just finished placing an extension on our septic system so we can actually dump our black tank at the house instead of worrying about where I'm going to dump when we go to a park that has no hookups. Best damn investment I've made in a while buying that RV, yessiree

Old 10-11-2016, 09:04 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I used to live in SC, more than once had to use RV generator due to power outages, they are handy!!! Could happen anywhere!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #3

THOR #4681
Yeah...My wife is all to pieces because we have no power, no water, no internet access and it looks like its gonna be a while. All the roads around us washed away completely, you have to drive 20 miles out of your way to go two miles down the road
Old 10-11-2016, 09:42 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
State: Florida
THOR #1907
Welcome to the club, we put lots of hours on our generator during the storm. Made it through without too many issues. We had power and cold food and hot shower. If the power had taken the 2 weeks originally forecast for resumption, we were going to load up and head out.
Great way to use the motorhome.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #5

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
THOR #4425
Indeed!!!!! Yes, so handy and safe and piece of mind!! Glad it all worked out!!!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:26 PM   #6

THOR #4681
But.....I am aware now that if we decide to travel more than what we are now, I'm gonna have to have a bigger rig!!! Class A here I come. After a few days you realize how small a entry level class c is.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:24 AM   #7

Model: Hurricane 29m
State: Louisiana
THOR #3932
RVing as rescue boat,

Hi I'm on my second CLASS A, after hurricane Katrina we purchase a winnebago sightseers 29 and used it while the city of New Orleans flexed it rules to keep out and let the looters and mold and mildew take everthing everyone owned..I used it to excape gusoof a few years later and to power our home on return, Now we just got a 2017 Hurricane 29m and have it always set up to get out if we have too..We run it ever 2 weeks to Walmart as I have learned even if u don't use it , it still ages and breaks.. Going on a first long trip soon.. Love the lifeboat.