Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2020, 11:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challanger 37TB
State: Massachusetts
THOR #17605
Thor Challenger engine bay side walls over chassis.

Hello everyone,

Today, while installing the sumo springs at the front of the RV and re-finishing the dog house gaps with rubberized insulation and installing sound proof insulation on the inside the dog house I took a little time to review the engine bay. I notice how open it is all the way around making it very easy to get the engine completely sprayed if you're driving in the rain. It looks to me, that If I add two side walls right on the top of the frame using acrylic to separate the area between the wheel house and the engine it would not only keep the mess out of reach of the engine, but also would create a tunnel that would make the air flow straight into the back and down versus spread at the front which heats up the driver and passenger floor.

Has anyone tried that? If so, how did go?

Just exploring the options so we can make good improvements on this motorhome. This is our first motorhome and I'm using the down time due to the corona virus to work on it.

Appreciate any inputs.

Best,