Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-18-2022, 09:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 35SK
State: Arizona
THOR #26201
Thor Super C Upgrades

Hey everyone, New here I just purchased a 2015 Thor 35sk a few weeks ago. I've been looking for mods and upgrades and there doesn't seem to be much out there so I thought I would share my upgrades as they progress!

I'll attach a photo of the rig, Original owner ripped the bumper off the front to unveil the factory ford bumper which I like alot better, first mod will be upgrading the lighting as it was absolutely atrocious on the drive home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220318_093739.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	36497  

Old 03-18-2022, 10:02 PM   #2

THOR #26201
Got it weighed with all of our gear and full of water and fuel. Not too bad, weight attached
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20220306-113525_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	36498  
Old 03-18-2022, 10:57 PM   #3

Model: SV34
THOR #24580
Hello and welcome, congrats on the new coach. Happy travels.
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:01 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmsmcgee View Post
Hey everyone, New here I just purchased a 2015 Thor 35sk a few weeks ago. I've been looking for mods and upgrades and there doesn't seem to be much out there so I thought I would share my upgrades as they progress!

I'll attach a photo of the rig, Original owner ripped the bumper off the front to unveil the factory ford bumper which I like alot better, first mod will be upgrading the lighting as it was absolutely atrocious on the drive home.
Try doing a search. Quite a few mods by Judge.

Search on Omni and Magnitude
Old 03-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #5

THOR #26201
Tackled the lighting, when Thor mounts their composite bumper over the stock ford bumper they replace the fog light mounts with their own style so even though it has fog lights they don't fit correctly and they can't accept the factory ford fog light surrounds. Amazon has a much cheaper solution than from ford parts and I got a complete new light, bracket, and fog light surround for $65-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G73FV4...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Next was headlight bulbs, they stock halogen has poor output so I went with the best rated LED I could find for around $50-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G6ZP9CM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_FBXMAD49715RA3Y2WXKR?_encod ing=UTF8&psc=1

Lastly I can't see anything backing this unit up at night with the stock camera so I added a set of Baja Designs S2 sport lights with work/flood lens to the rear wired to the factory ford upfitter switches. They are extremely bright and best lighting in the business. It's a bit overkill, a cheaper China option would likely be fine but I run Baja Designs on all my vehicles-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073V6P8C5...ing=UTF8&psc=1

And lastly was a hitch to haul my trailer around with our RZR or Bronco. I went with an aluminum 10" drop weighsafe unit with a built in tongue weight gauge to keep the guessing to a minimum-
https://www.weigh-safe.com/product/weigh-safe-drop-hitch/

Photos attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220303_164116.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	36506   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220318_162851.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	36507  

Old 03-20-2022, 11:38 PM   #6

THOR #26201
I replaced all the TVs today being 7 or so years old and cheap to being with i figured it was time. Went with Vizio D series smart TVs because they were cheap and came in all the sizes I wanted- 22" in the bedroom fit perfect ,32 outside fit perfect and 40" fit in the living room with a small modification to the swing out TV mount. Also hooked up the winegard satellite to our DTV box so now we should have TV options just about anywhere now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220318_154453.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	36535   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220318_154602.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	36536  

Name:	20220318_154349.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	36537  
Old 03-28-2022, 02:06 AM   #7

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
The front looks great. I have been thinking of doing that to mine 2017 35 so.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:38 PM   #8

State: California
THOR #26409
I like the rear back up lights that would make a big difference. Those LED headlight bulbs are def not the best, but I am sure they appear nice as far as color temp
Old 04-05-2022, 02:58 PM   #9

THOR #26201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan42 View Post
I like the rear back up lights that would make a big difference. Those LED headlight bulbs are def not the best, but I am sure they appear nice as far as color temp
Best I could find on Amazon, color is good and they have a good cutoff without much splash. I just looked for the best rated on headlight revolution and found one with the same bulb style and good reviews.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:09 PM   #10

THOR #26201
I'd also advise everyone to open up their AC units, both of mine were terrible and barely had any output or temperature drop. I pulled the covers off and realized both had the hot/cold side dividers installed wrong. Flipped those around and cleaned up the poor tape jobs and now they work fantastic with a good 30* + drop from ambient temp. I may do the RV Airflow Systems plenums in the future but this works well for now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220318_173838.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	36802  
Old 04-05-2022, 08:12 PM   #11

Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
not same chassis, but i added these little LED nite lite units from amazon...less than 12 dollars
they picked up factory holes on hitch receiver, and use very little power. you could easily tap into your back up lights or run a switch

Nilight - 60001F-B Led Pods 2PCS 18W 1260LM Flood Led Off Road Lights Super Bright Driving Fog Light Boat Lights Driving Lights Led Work Light for Trucks, 2 Years Warranty
Old 04-05-2022, 08:14 PM   #12

Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmsmcgee View Post
I replaced all the TVs today being 7 or so years old and cheap to being with i figured it was time. Went with Vizio D series smart TVs because they were cheap and came in all the sizes I wanted- 22" in the bedroom fit perfect ,32 outside fit perfect and 40" fit in the living room with a small modification to the swing out TV mount. Also hooked up the winegard satellite to our DTV box so now we should have TV options just about anywhere now.
check your vizio tvs, and turn off the WIFI, it will send data to vizio on what you watch and listen to..if your using the wifi in the tv...they is a lawsuit filed against them

I found out on mine trying to figure out why if tv wifi was on, it would wipe out my wifi to the computer and phones, it was transmitting
Old 04-10-2022, 07:42 PM   #13

State: Georgia
THOR #26475
Hi! We just picked up our 2015 35sk and so far it has been good. It was a rough start with some issues that we identified on our walk through on the original day of pickup, but the dealership has indicated they replaced some components (slide) to make the fix.

We will be doing some mods along the way and I’ll be happy to share.
Hope all is well with all of you!
Old 04-12-2022, 03:27 PM   #14

THOR #26201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1776 View Post
Hi! We just picked up our 2015 35sk and so far it has been good. It was a rough start with some issues that we identified on our walk through on the original day of pickup, but the dealership has indicated they replaced some components (slide) to make the fix.

We will be doing some mods along the way and I’ll be happy to share.
Hope all is well with all of you!
Congrats on the new unit! Me and the wife have been out a few times already with ours, no issues yet aside from needing to tear apart and grease the step motor gear box, it was locked up and would not advance the steps.

I'm doing a solar upgrade and house vacuum system install this weekend so I'll add those upgrades here shortly as well!