Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2020, 03:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiburon 24TT
State: Florida
THOR #20416
Thor Tiburon 24TT Water tank issue

I have a 2020 Thor Tiburon 24tt and love it. I do have a few questions that I need some help with. To start the fresh water tank is like 7.5ftx2ftx3.5inches. like a flat pancake that has an overflow coming out of the side close to the top of one side. Everytime we fill and drive for a few hours we lose 50 to 90% of our fresh water due to the sloshing and non level position of the tank. I plan to install a 15' loop that goes higher into the kitchen cabinet to eliminate the outgoing water. Has anyone else had an issue? and how have you or the dealer fixed the issue? I have a couple more that I'll write about later.
Thanks

Old 08-09-2021, 08:58 PM   #2

State: California
THOR #24483
Same issue with my Tiburon 24FB because as you say the vent/overflow is on the side and you realistically only have 2.5 inches deep to store water - less if not perfectly level. Thor customer support didn't offer any suggestions other than not travel with much water! (They were very concerned about weight with only 760 lbs on my coach) OK if you are not boon-docking but frustrating if you are. Did your loop idea work?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2021, 04:08 PM   #3

State: Oregon
THOR #24942
We have new 2022 Tiburon 24FB as well with this water leak issue. RIDICULOUS if you want to dry camp, which we often do. So frustrating ☹️
Old 01-24-2022, 04:26 AM   #4
EV2

Model: Tiburon
State: Arizona
THOR #1264
Where does the overflow exit under the coach?
Old 01-24-2022, 04:59 AM   #5

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Look up
Scupper valve.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 04:19 PM   #6

THOR #24942
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV2 View Post
Where does the overflow exit under the coach?
Underneath in the middle. My husband was wondering about releasing pressure -
Old 03-21-2022, 04:22 AM   #7

Model: Tiburon 24RW
State: Colorado
THOR #25284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Look up
Scupper valve.
But if you add a scupper valve what happens if you overfill the fresh water tank capacity?? The water coming into the fill will bulge the tank until something gives. Will it be the scupper valve flap or something more destructive? Seems like a manual valve or upwards tubing is better?
Old 09-04-2022, 09:54 PM   #8

State: Florida
THOR #27725
I saw this issue on my 22 Tiburon FB as well with the water leaking out of the over-flow line just in front of the right side rear wheels and behind a screwed in plate.
I plan on running the vent line over the frame rails to the other side of the coach but I have seen options to add check valves as well. Either option would eliminate the leakage when the rig is leaning to either side and be high enough above the max level of the tank at the rear that water shouldn't leak out during acceleration. This also shouldn't cause an issue with the tank venting when it is fully filled, just won't leak out half the tank on the first corner.
Old 09-05-2022, 03:17 PM   #9

THOR #24942
Never ending!

The longer we have this (and it’s only been a year), the more problems that arise. My in-laws purchased this 2022 Tiburon without doing any research and unfortunately if they had they would have seen the myriad of problems. Aside from water tank issue….Bathroom door doesn’t latch in place so bangs open and shut while driving unless you shimmy something, bottom drawer won’t latch shut, trim is coming off, bed collapsed ( yes the legs were extended properly), the water heater breaker kept over-heating because the heater was not connected properly at the factory to begin with…. The whole thing just so hastily slapped together it’s a joke. The only thing of any value is the Sprinter chassis it sits on. They are on a cross-country trip and are so frustrated with things going wrong that they are going to sell it asap upon their return. We get that this is the nature of RVs but this is just beyond ridiculous