Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2020, 05:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Thor vegas 24.1 suspension modifications- comprehensive comparison

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my experience with a staged upgrade approach for my thor vegas 24.1. In short, the sumo springs + hellwig sway bars (front and rear), and billstein steering stabilizers are all a huge safety improvement for driving my Thor. I wish there was an option to have these pre-installed.
I drove about 5000 miles without any of these options.
First upgrade was the front sumo springs and then the rear sumo springs. These helped with preventing the RV from bouncing over bumps and swaying in turns. Used for about 4000 miles like this.
I then added the billstein steering stabilizer- helped with keeping the RV going straight over bumps and prevented the jerking in cross winds. Used about 1000 miles like this.
I then have only replaced the front sway bar so far and its been another huge improvement. It helps prevent the RV from swaying in cross winds and also when 18 wheelers pass. I have not yet installed the rear sway bar. Used about 400 miles like this so far.
Anyways- if someone is contemplating weather or not to make these upgrades i believe its well worth it and is a safety improvement well worth spending.

Old 10-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Thanks for the info.

I did something simular with my Axis (No sumo springs yet). Im very pleased with the results but still thinking about adding Sumo's since they are easy to install and I hope they would offer addtional sway control plus elimate the harshness of the OEM bump stop on large bumps.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote