Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2020, 06:49 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Oh yeah one more thing: The installers had to move the two table pipes to the other side of the rack--the chair didn't have enough room to recline.

Here they are in their new spot:
Attachment 23456
So, 1 pipe is still there and you just moved the other 2 pipes to the right side. Good, I will do that. Thank you very much.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:10 PM   #22

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieBoxer View Post
My original seats started flaking so I decided to have them reupholstered. What a mistake. I was promised a completion date a couple months from my drop off date...since Ive found the business is out of business and so are my seats. Question is...where is a good place to purchase both cab seats that won't flake?
Not looking for the most expensive but similar to the factory seats minus the flake. thanks
We just had ours reupholstered in Spring Hill, Florida. It took about three weeks for ordering the material until they finished the job. Left the RV with them for five days. The price was high at $1,500.

I can believe that Thor isn't doing anything to compensate us for those seats. Using that flaky material is criminal.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Ventana LE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
I can believe that Thor isn't doing anything to compensate us for those seats. Using that flaky material is criminal.
Technically, the problem was with the huge batch of upholstery material that Flexsteel got from China. Since Flexsteel supplies almost all RV manufacturers, all those manufacturers were affected. Sales person at North Trail RV in Fort Myers, FL told us this in February. Our 2017 Thor Citation with theater seats was beginning to show flaking problem, but we traded up to a Class A DP.

IMO, there should have been a class action lawsuit against Flexsteel.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:44 PM   #24

State: Alabama
THOR #12479
Imitation leather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysiek View Post
I had peeling off seats and sofa in my 2015 Thor Axis. Just replaced them all with Ultimate Leather from Shop4Seats. And I am glad I did. The only thing is the waiting time. It takes about 2 months to get them done. Other then that you will be very happy with your new seats. If you call them ask for Angela. Excellent sale rep. Here are some pictures.Attachment 23422Attachment 23423Attachment 23424Attachment 23425Attachment 23426
From doing a quick search on Shop4Seats Ultimate Leather, all I've found states that the material is not genuine leather; so, I'm wondering what the durability will be after a year or so. Anyone having this material more that a year care to comment?
Old 04-29-2020, 09:11 PM   #25

THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucita white View Post
From doing a quick search on Shop4Seats Ultimate Leather, all I've found states that the material is not genuine leather; so, I'm wondering what the durability will be after a year or so. Anyone having this material more that a year care to comment?
I can't respond to the material that you are referring to, but in my case, I had a motorcycle seat reformed and reupholstered by the same business that did our RV seats. The motorcycle seat still looks like new, after several years of use. That stuff that was covering our seat (still on our dinette cushions) in our Windsport is real garbage.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #26

THOR #14093
Quote:
I can't respond to the material that you are referring to, but in my case, I had a motorcycle seat reformed and reupholstered by the same business that did our RV seats. The motorcycle seat still looks like new, after several years of use. That stuff that was covering our seat (still on our dinette cushions) in our Windsport is real garbage.
When I started looking for furniture replacement I also thought, that those seats are made of real leather. Of course, the price will tell. Yes, this is not a leather. Some sellers are referring to this material as Ultraleather, Euro Leather Vinyl but in case of Shop4Seats, Ultimate Leather. I have seen another term as well. I only have the double recliner and captain chairs for a month but hopefully they will last much longer than crappy vinyl installed by Thor. According to what I have read before I purchased them, this material is in many ways better than leather. At least in RV setting. I suggest you order a samples from Shop4Seats. I did that and was pleasantly surprised to see how soft and leather looking like Ulimate Leather is. Please read more about it in attached .pdf page.2009-10 Benefits and Care of UltraLeather.pdf
Old 04-29-2020, 10:17 PM   #27

THOR #14093
Quote:
When I started looking for furniture replacement I also thought, that those seats are made of real leather. Of course, the price will tell. Yes, this is not a leather. Some sellers are referring to this material as Ultraleather, Euro Leather Vinyl but in case of Shop4Seats, Ultimate Leather. I have seen another term as well. I only have the double recliner and captain chairs for a month but hopefully they will last much longer than crappy vinyl installed by Thor. According to what I have read before I purchased them, this material is in many ways better than leather. At least in RV setting. I suggest you order a samples from Shop4Seats. I did that and was pleasantly surprised to see how soft and leather looking like Ulimate Leather is. Please read more about it in attached .pdf page.Attachment 23494
Just in case, here is the same attachment saved as an image.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200429-151229_Adobe%20Acrobat.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	23495
Old 04-29-2020, 10:29 PM   #28

State: Alabama
THOR #12479
Quote:
When I started looking for furniture replacement I also thought, that those seats are made of real leather. Of course, the price will tell. Yes, this is not a leather. Some sellers are referring to this material as Ultraleather, Euro Leather Vinyl but in case of Shop4Seats, Ultimate Leather. I have seen another term as well. I only have the double recliner and captain chairs for a month but hopefully they will last much longer than crappy vinyl installed by Thor. According to what I have read before I purchased them, this material is in many ways better than leather. At least in RV setting. I suggest you order a samples from Shop4Seats. I did that and was pleasantly surprised to see how soft and leather looking like Ulimate Leather is. Please read more about it in attached .pdf page.Attachment 23494
Can we be sure the Ultra Leather in the attachment is the same product as Ultimate Leather? I suppose I will need to contact Shop4Seats to be sure. My experience with faux leather has not been good, so I don't want to make the same mistake again. Thank you for the info.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:50 PM   #29

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Goodbar View Post
Technically, the problem was with the huge batch of upholstery material that Flexsteel got from China. Since Flexsteel supplies almost all RV manufacturers, all those manufacturers were affected. Sales person at North Trail RV in Fort Myers, FL told us this in February. Our 2017 Thor Citation with theater seats was beginning to show flaking problem, but we traded up to a Class A DP.

IMO, there should have been a class action lawsuit against Flexsteel.

Did the sales person happen to say if or when Flexsteel stopped buying the poor quality stuff? Wondering if my 2019 is likely to suffer the same fate.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:27 PM   #30

THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Did the sales person happen to say if or when Flexsteel stopped buying the poor quality stuff? Wondering if my 2019 is likely to suffer the same fate.
I have read something about this as well and I believe they said that all of this was going on until 2016.
Here is more info on Ultraleather vs Ultimate Leather. Still uncertain on what is what but it won't hurt to read.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/ind...1447#msg791447
Old 04-29-2020, 11:55 PM   #31

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieBoxer View Post
My original seats started flaking so I decided to have them reupholstered. What a mistake. I was promised a completion date a couple months from my drop off date...since Ive found the business is out of business and so are my seats. Question is...where is a good place to purchase both cab seats that won't flake?
Not looking for the most expensive but similar to the factory seats minus the flake. thanks
Don't know where you are in FL but I having mine done by Anthony...very nice fellow in Lecanto, FL. He recommends a marine vinyl that is used on boats but we are getting fabric this time so the pets don't scratch. You'll find the material is usually half the bill if not more.

Furniture Doctor
1141 N Carney Ave
Lecanto, FL 34461
Mobile Phone: 3524458273
furnituredocfl@gmail.com
Old 04-30-2020, 12:44 AM   #32
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Our Shop4seats dual recliner looks the same as the day we got it back in 2017.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:46 AM   #33

THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
Don't know where you are in FL but I having mine done by Anthony...very nice fellow in Lecanto, FL. He recommends a marine vinyl that is used on boats but we are getting fabric this time so the pets don't scratch. You'll find the material is usually half the bill if not more.

Furniture Doctor
1141 N Carney Ave
Lecanto, FL 34461
Mobile Phone: 3524458273
furnituredocfl@gmail.com
I was in Hernando Beach. I didn't know there was anything that the cat couldn't damage. We covered the newly upholstered seats because she was with us for 800+ miles back to KY where we spend summers. Interesting that she didn't do any scratching on this trip. I installed a pontoon boat seat in place of half of the L shaped dinette seats and that has held up real well. It is very comfortable and has storage under the seat.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #34

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
I was in Hernando Beach. I didn't know there was anything that the cat couldn't damage. We covered the newly upholstered seats because she was with us for 800+ miles back to KY where we spend summers. Interesting that she didn't do any scratching on this trip. I installed a pontoon boat seat in place of half of the L shaped dinette seats and that has held up real well. It is very comfortable and has storage under the seat.
It you get scratches on leather or vinyl, they stay there but with fabric, you have the chance that you can clip off snags of even use sharp-pointed scissors and push them back in.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #35

THOR #14093
Quote:
So, 1 pipe is still there and you just moved the other 2 pipes to the right side. Good, I will do that. Thank you very much.
Hello JamieGeek,
I am still waiting for my new Monaco Double Recliners from Shop4Seats. They should arrive on June 15th. In the mean time I installed the 110V outlet for the chairs. Still have to move the table legs to the other side. Thank you very much for your initial idea and also for letting me know where the 110V power source was. That saved me a lot of time and money since I was able to install the outlet myself. Here is the photo.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200524_201134.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	23912