Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2021, 10:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #21757
Tire valve extenders

On my 2021 Thor chateau 22b I need to put some tire valve extenders on the duallies in the back. Does anyone know exactly what I need to buy? Thanks also would appreciate learning how to take off the wheel simulator plastic hub cap without breaking it. Any info appreciated.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:33 PM   #2

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Georgia
THOR #8078
You can get them from most tire places or on Amazon. Get the shortest ones that give you access. One of mine was too long and get hit by road debris. It cracked the base and sprung a slow leak.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:54 PM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
This is my preference......

Crossfire - Dual Dynamics

The benefits are:

- Keeps each set of tires at an equal pressure (duallies tend to vary in pressure and it can cause uneven tire wear, hot spots, etc.).

- The braided steel lines are much better quality than any of the tire valve extenders on the market.

- You only need to add air to one valve and it fills both tires equally.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:18 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
hi i only see 1 valve sticking out of the rear tires. oly the outter tire. Where is theinner tire value? How do i know what size to order and does amazon have these things?
i looked at this link Crossfire - Dual Dynamics above. Do not understand ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tire.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	27957  
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:53 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
hi i only see 1 valve sticking out of the rear tires. oly the outter tire. Where is theinner tire value? How do i know what size to order and does amazon have these things?
i looked at this link Crossfire - Dual Dynamics above. Do not understand ??
The way a dually setup works is the inside rim is basically put on backwards or better said..... inside out. As a result the valve stem is somewhat hidden. There are different valve extenders in different angles..... 45, 90, 180 degrees based on the location of the stock valve stem.

The Crossfire system connects both valve stems together with braided stainless steel lines and a special valve that keeps the pressure balanced between the two tires.

When you set the pressure of your tires and you use a TPMS, you will often see the inside and outside tire pressures change unequally. One tire can become 5psi or more higher than the other. The Crossfire valve releases the higher pressure in one tire to the tire with the lower pressure and keeps them balanced.

They are sold based on a target pressure of your rear tires. For example, I have a Super V with 19.5" tires and the recommended tire pressure is 110PSI. I purchased the Crossfire setup rated for 110psi.

You can purchase them on Amazon and other sites. If you use a TPMS, they also offer a version where you can still install your sensors with the system.
Old 01-08-2021, 12:40 AM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
My preference is actual dually valves. These are long metal valves that replace the factory ones and place both on the outside. Stone simple and easy peasy in use. Some folks swear by extenders but my two experiences with them ended in disappointment due to leaks.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:20 AM   #7

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Another fan of valve extensions.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:34 AM   #8

THOR #20220
Thanks everyone
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 01-09-2021, 08:46 PM   #9

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
www.yourtireshopsupply.com they offer kits for all your chassis tires.

By the correct lengths and size for your rims/tires. Extenders are prone to problems.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:47 PM   #10

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
My preference is actual dually valves. These are long metal valves that replace the factory ones and place both on the outside. Stone simple and easy peasy in use. Some folks swear by extenders but my two experiences with them ended in disappointment due to leaks.
correct, one place here. - http://www.yourtireshopsupply.com/
Old 01-13-2021, 07:33 PM   #11

Model: Chateau 22E
State: Quebec
THOR #18418
We installed these last summer, so far so good ! /// https://www.amazon.com/TK-KLZ-Extens...0566383&sr=8-1
Old 01-13-2021, 07:38 PM   #12

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrysim View Post
On my 2021 Thor chateau 22b I need to put some tire valve extenders on the duallies in the back. Does anyone know exactly what I need to buy? Thanks also would appreciate learning how to take off the wheel simulator plastic hub cap without breaking it. Any info appreciated.
My Thor Ace came with them so I can fill both without removing the hubcap. I was thinking of getting the one that connects both rear wheels together and have one fill point. Crossfire Tire Equalizer Valve
Old 01-13-2021, 08:02 PM   #13

State: North Carolina
THOR #13548
Quote:

Every other bolt is a twist off. Use a socket if you have that size and gently unscrew . Our Thor/Damon Avanti came with a tool to take these off.

I would go to a truck tire service company and get their recommendation and installation.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:43 PM   #14

Model: Axis 25.6
THOR #19026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post

You are very correct. Extenders very often leak.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:04 PM   #15

Model: ACE 30.3
THOR #10883
Tire valve extenders

On my ACE there are 2 polished brackets on the outside wheel cover with a braided steel line to each. One for inside and one for the outside one. You can probably get them from parts dept at Camping World
Old 01-13-2021, 09:56 PM   #16

THOR #20220
Do you mean these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tires.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	28044  
Old 01-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #17

THOR #10883
The lines look right. I'll go take a picture in a minute
Old 01-13-2021, 10:57 PM   #18

THOR #19843
Just had a event with extenders. Both broke( installed by Camping World) . Wife did not notice and drove 8 hrs. Messed up two tires with less than 5000 miles.

Some where in the back of my mine, I remember that value stems on dually are suppose to be 180 degrees. Is that true??
Old 01-13-2021, 11:04 PM   #19

THOR #10883
Wow that sounds bad. I check them every time before travel and I always feel the tires for temp. We've had her 3 years and tires and extenders are perfect. Be hard to chek without them!
Old 01-13-2021, 11:58 PM   #20

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
THOR #19778
Quote:
MOST importantly, find a tire store who has experience installing on duallys. You'd think this is a common installation but it's not. Still haven't found one in Greensboro area who can do it to where they don't leak.