Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2020, 04:31 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Touch Pad RV Lock for 35m

Anyone know of company that sells this type of door lock replacement for our 35m that is touch pad.

Like the RVlock one I had on my vegas.

RVLock . com doesn't make one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rvlock1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	23829  

Old 05-22-2020, 03:23 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #15745
I have a 2019 Hurricane34j with the same lock. It is a Trimark lock mechanism if that helps. I tried looking on Amazon but no help there. They only sell the exterior handle part that I saw. You would need a complete mechanism. I’d like to replace mine also with a remote opener.
FMCA Member
Badmanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:27 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmanrick View Post
I have a 2019 Hurricane34j with the same lock. It is a Trimark lock mechanism if that helps. I tried looking on Amazon but no help there. They only sell the exterior handle part that I saw. You would need a complete mechanism. I’d like to replace mine also with a remote opener.
Yeap, and http://www.trimarkcorp.com/ is down for the count.

Why would Thor use this weird freaking lock!!

Had RVlocks.com products on my rigs forever and loved it!

Rvlocks said they were not making it, wonder if the Trimark people have a patent on it??
Old 05-24-2020, 11:54 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I am going to make a WAG here is say the RV doors are probably made by Lippert and they specify the locks that are used in their doors. You might try calling them and asking if they manufacture a lock that is a suitable replacement.

You might also try contacting Bauer and ask them if they have a retrofit for the Trimark lock. Bauer is the company that made the keypad lock on my Accolade and they have been willing to assist when I had an issue with the lock.

Also, why not measure the bolt and latch positions for the lock on the side of the door (face plate). You might be able to cut the lock opening larger for a keypad lock if the bolt and latch are in the same position. That positioning might be standard across the industry (operative word is might).

As to why Thor uses Trimark, it's probably because they got a good deal on Trimark locks and people buy the rigs as configured with those locks. It could also be the locks come with the doors. BTW, Thor is not the only manufacturer that uses Trimark locks on their motorhomes. Triamark was the lock used on my Forest River SunSeeker a number of years ago.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
touch pad rv lock