Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Oklahoma
THOR #14018
TPMS for 2018 Vegas

Recommendations on TPMS for 2018 Vegas? Main interest is if there is ample space for screw on sensors.

Old 12-25-2019, 06:37 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
TPMS is not Vega specific. Do your research, pick one that you like, it will work on your Vegas even if you have to add some valve extensions. I had to add valve extensions on the front of my ACE just to be able to put air in the tires with the wheel simulators installed. I just put my TPMS sensors on those extensions when I bought it.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:06 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
In happy with my eeztire with 12 sensors. 6 for RV, 2 for tow dolly, 2 for cargo trailer and 2 for toad rear wheels.
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Oklahoma
THOR #14018
Thanks!
Old 12-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I just upgraded to the TireMinder TM 77 this year. I got tired of false readings and dropped sensor connections on some of the systems others tend to recommend. Do you own research and buy the best system you can afford. Yours and others lives may be in the balance.

I just put extensions and extension supports on my inner duals so I’ll be installing the TM77 on the Accolade shortly.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:26 PM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I just upgraded to the TireMinder TM 77 this year. I got tired of false readings and dropped sensor connections on some of the systems others tend to recommend. Do you own research and buy the best system you can afford. Yours and others lives may be in the balance.

I just put extensions and extension supports on my inner duals so I’ll be installing the TM77 on the Accolade shortly.

I use the same system and consider it essential kit. I get very occasional false readings suggesting a slow leak. So far they’ve always self corrected within a few miles. I also get over pressure alarms and have had to raise the programmed baseline set point a bit to prevent them. Biggest plus with this system is the absolutely stellar customer service even well after the warranty period. It includes free batteries every year. Consider real dually valves when you can or at least when you replace your tires.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:27 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
THOR #15054
I had eeztire on my Vegas 24.1; loved it. No bad readings. Not even one. Would highly recommend it.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:30 AM   #8

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I have expensive pass through tpms on the rv, $30 amazon solar powered cap style on our trucks.
Both work the same.
The technology is getting old and stable and standardized.
I'm not sure there's such a thing as 20% better per manufacturer any more.
Three years ago it was the wild west. Now it's Mayberry.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:07 PM   #9

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arizona
THOR #6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdpinokc View Post
Recommendations on TPMS for 2018 Vegas? Main interest is if there is ample space for screw on sensors.
As a person who spent nearly 30 years in the tire industry, I don't recommend valve extensions to anyone. Many run flat tire failures are caused by leaky valve extensions, they don't stay reliably tight and the rubber parts fail. It just gives you 1 more place to fail. I ground a little metal off wheel covers around the front valve stems for clearance. You should re balance the tires with the tpms installed anyway, the metal removal is more than off set by the weight of the monitors. I have saved the front ends of 2 cars because of tpms alerts in my motor home, I wouldn't drive with out them. Buy long dually valves to replace the short ones instead of extenders, you can't go wrong.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:38 AM   #10

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
X2 on proper dually valves. Runs about $250 for an F53 or $110 if you do it with a tire change. It it gives me tremendous peace of mind.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:26 AM   #11

State: California
THOR #16804
Purchased the following on Amazon in June: "TireMinder Smart TPMS with 6 Transmitters for RVs, MotorHomes, 5th Wheels, Motor Coaches and Trailers". Install was fun for the inside rears, but I have a long reach. This one uses your smart phone as the monitor but they also have the version where it provides you a monitor. I took it out about 5 times since the purchase and I think one time one of the sensors acted funny until I cycled the power. I like the piece of mind
Old 01-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #12

Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
THOR #17456
I installed Tymate from Amazon. Solar charged display with 6 sensors was $159.99. It was an easy install. Repeater was not necessary and the TPMS sensors easily screwed on the standard metal extenders.
Display read-out is a bit small, but the unit does not take up much space. So far, so good.