Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2019, 11:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35M
State: Michigan
THOR #7496
TST Tire monitor

So, just bought the tst 507 with flow through sensors. They won't fit on the front wheels of out 17 windsport 35m. Sensors are to big, won't clear the wheel covers. Fit the back fine.
Just a heads up.
Have to return them for the caps instead.
The biggest problem is that i bought them from Camping World. What a pain to return stuff to them.. Never again .

Old 06-22-2019, 11:28 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj73 View Post
So, just bought the tst 507 with flow through sensors. They won't fit on the front wheels of out 17 windsport 35m. Sensors are to big, won't clear the wheel covers. Fit the back fine.
Just a heads up.
Have to return them for the caps instead.
The biggest problem is that i bought them from Camping World. What a pain to return stuff to them.. Never again .
Just take the tin snips to the beauty covers and cut a small tab to clear the body of the sensor. I did not cut the slot completely off but just bent back. The slit is 1/2" wide and 2" long and not noticeable as it is filled with the sensor.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:31 PM   #3

THOR #7496
Thought about that, but looked like i would have to take quite a bit out .
I'll take another look at it,.. Thanks for the response.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:06 AM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I did a similar modification but used a Dremel to grind or carve a larger opening. Gave it a nice rounded shape and since the cover is stainless steel there is no concern about rusting. My RV is at a storage facility and I just brought the covers home and sat on my porch with a cold drink handy and did the work.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:09 AM   #5

THOR #7496
tst

Thought about that to, but the valve stems are actually behind and underneath the wheel covers. Getting the dremel out tomorrow. Modification time...
Old 06-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #6

THOR #7496
tst

Got them on. The 1st picture is before grinding. You'll notice the wheel cover won't go on all the way.
I'll still have to take the simulators off to add air, but not a big deal.
I would have had to cut out to much of the cover for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TST1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	18440   Click image for larger version

Name:	TST2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	18441  

Click image for larger version

Name:	TST3.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	18442  
Old 06-25-2019, 12:01 AM   #7

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
I just got the same kit but got the caps instead. I have to remove the front wheel covers to install them with the supplied tool. But... it takes 30 seconds to take them off.
The issue I had was two of my rear sensors (out of 4) wouldn’t detect even after 20 min. The factory customer service had me attach the repeater and that fixed the issue. My coach is only 32ft. All sensors detect in 4 minutes. For a quick fix I attached the wires to the battery using clamps. I’ll wire it to a push button switch when I return from my trip.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:07 AM   #8

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
I just got the same kit but got the caps instead. I have to remove the front wheel covers to install them with the supplied tool. But... it takes 30 seconds to take them off.
The issue I had was two of my rear sensors (out of 4) wouldn’t detect even after 20 min. The factory customer service had me attach the repeater and that fixed the issue. My coach is only 32ft. All sensors detect in 4 minutes. For a quick fix I attached the wires to the battery using clamps. I’ll wire it to a push button switch when I return from my trip.
You never know on these things. I have held off on installing the repeater because all of the sensors are working on our 32 footer. So far, so good.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #14384
On my wheel covers I just dented the cover a bit.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:09 AM   #10

Model: Quantum RQ29
THOR #12941
Are you satisfied with your TST product?

I have researched and considered the EEZ and the Tireminder A1A in addition to the TST, but I am leaning towards purchasing the TST. Some of the reasons for choosing the TST is the color monitor and 3 year warranty as well as the standard USB port for recharging. I might need some help to hook up the repeater but it seems like I should be able to handle the rest of the install with some time.

Now that you've had the TST TPMS on your rigs, do you like the product? Any other comments about the flow through valves? I have read a lot of people don't like the flow through valves at all. I also saw one video where he didn't like the anti-theft devise so left it off. Do you have any issue with this? Is this the only TPMS you have tried? I'm just getting ready to buy so would appreciate any input you can provide.

Thanks so much.

Angie
Old 07-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #11

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by LATraveler View Post
Now that you've had the TST TPMS on your rigs, do you like the product? Any other comments about the flow through valves? I have read a lot of people don't like the flow through valves at all. I also saw one video where he didn't like the anti-theft devise so left it off. Do you have any issue with this? Is this the only TPMS you have tried? I'm just getting ready to buy so would appreciate any input you can provide.
Thanks so much. Angie
I have had the TST 507 flow-thru external system with 8 sensors for three years. No problems except the batteries last about 18 months. Six monitors on the RV and two on the dolly. I did not need a repeater.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:00 PM   #12

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Tst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
I have had the TST 507 flow-thru external system with 8 sensors for three years. No problems except the batteries last about 18 months. Six monitors on the RV and two on the dolly. I did not need a repeater.
We have had ours that are the non-flow through models for about 4 months and it works fine. I was going to install the repeater but found it works without it.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:08 PM   #13

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #14384
I hooked the repeater to the light circuit in the rear most bin. Yes, its always on (the repeater, not the light) but it draws almost nothing.