Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec View Post

Similar issue on our Hurricane 27K. Those 3 steps work somewhat, but it still requires a fair amount of forcing to get the chair turned either way. It sure seems like poor design.
Being a new owner of a Hurricane 35M, I've been reading through all of these threads to get up to speed. My dealer said that the driver's seat could not swivel all of the way to face the living area, but yesterday I tried these 3 steps and it worked. The first time was a bit awkward, but after practicing a few times, I think that I've got it down now. I have the power driver's seat, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not (in terms of being more or less difficult). All of this being said, you still can't recline the driver's seat when swiveled because of the steering wheel. It does, nonetheless, give use of the seat for company.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldavid View Post
Is there any way to cut off or take the stuffing out of, the back of left arm rest, on the driver's seat, so that the chair can turn around more?
Move seat all the way forward and bring the back forward all the way - will turn with ease. Then reset for comfort!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHomeOfReligion View Post
Almost always. It takes a bit to understand but easy, once you have done it. While armrest is upright, push in on it (or "pop" it) while turning it to the back. It should rotate freely until you find a place where it will pop out of the upholstery. Again, be sure to be careful as you remove it to not rip the upholstery. Goes in the same way. You may need to push hard or "pop it" while turning it forward, to get it to seat correctly. Good luck
Tried this on my Vegas seat armrest and it worked like a champ . After I "popped it" I had to rotate the armrest back past vertical to find the slot that allowed it to be extracted from the seat but it came out.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:41 AM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
OK, I read this thread and tried all methods. If the seat was all the way back, it hit the side console when I tried to rotate. I then played with the rotate and the forward and back simultaneously but no matter what, the arm rest, even in the up position hit the steering wheel.

I then removed the arm rest as per above, rotate to vertical, push in and rotate to about horizontal the wrong way, then it slips out. then I could rotate the chair around until my legs hit the couch. (No Side slide on 25.2)
A lot better though.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #25

Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
On my 35M. It helps to adjust the steering wheel downward. Put the seat forward all the way. (I know this is counter intuitive). Put the arm rests in raised position. Seat back should be straight up right or a little forward. Then spin the seat around.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #26

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Colorado
THOR #6613
You don't need to cut the armrest. Just put it in the up position and slide the chair ALL THE WAY forward (it has to be all the way, if you stop even just a bit short, it won't work) and then turn the chair to the left. It's weird because you think you should turn it to the right because it's less of a turn but it will only work if you turn it left.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #27

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
With my seat all the way forward and the seat back all the way forward, I can then rotate past the arm rest with no problem. My problem then is, the seatback will then only tilt back to a near vertical position before hitting the steering wheel. Not that comfortable!
The difference in methods might be due to the kid installing seats that day, threw it in there drilled some holes and called it good. Sorry! Having problems with my Axis. Not a big fan of Thor right now.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #28

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Dbadger777
I have the same issue with my drivers seat! The seat is too upright to be comfortable.
Not a well thought out design!
I'm not having much luck with the passengers seat either!
Old 04-07-2017, 11:26 PM   #29

Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
Maybe you could shame them into remounting the seat a few inches rearward. Should be able to do it in less than an hour if it is anything like my Windsport.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #30

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #13067
Got it to work

We just picked up our 2018 Vegas 24.1 last weekend. I tried everything i could find on this forum and others. I came across a video for another maker (this is not just a Thor thing) and it works.

Steering wheel up
Seat back up
Left arm DOWN
Swivel until you think you are stuck
Standing in front of seat, pull seat back release lever and pull the seat back forward.
Your left arm now slides under the steering wheel with no problem.

If I can find that video again, I'll post a link
Old 10-03-2018, 03:47 AM   #31

Model: Axis 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #13265
We just picked up our 2018 axis 25.2 last week and had the same issue with driver seat not turning. Had to do the opposite of what worked for others...with back upright, I had to move the seat ALL the way FORWARD toward wheel before it had clearance to turn around.