Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2023, 07:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #28962
TV issues

I don't know how to create a new post, but I think I'm having a similar problem with my Axxera TVs. I have 2 TVs inside and 1 outside. the outside TV is working fine. But the indoor TVs are acting up. Turning off and on the power on either TV, using either the remote or manual power buttons, simultaneously turns off or on the power on the other TV as well. I disconnected the Dish receivers, and I got the same result. Does anyone have a solution?

MODE EDIT:
You created a new post, I moved it to a new thread for you

Old 02-02-2023, 08:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
If they are the same model TV I can see the remote activating both of them at the same time. I can't see where pushing the physical power button on 1 TV turns on the other TV, but maybe it does. On my RV it came with the same model TV outside and in the living area, but the bedroom TV was a different model so you wouldn't have that remote problem.

My Axxera dash radio unit turns on if I hit the right button on my Front Rohu replacement TV.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 09:20 PM   #3

State: Louisiana
THOR #26495
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDeacon View Post
I don't know how to create a new post, but I think I'm having a similar problem with my Axxera TVs. I have 2 TVs inside and 1 outside. the outside TV is working fine. But the indoor TVs are acting up. Turning off and on the power on either TV, using either the remote or manual power buttons, simultaneously turns off or on the power on the other TV as well. I disconnected the Dish receivers, and I got the same result. Does anyone have a solution?

MODE EDIT:
You created a new post, I moved it to a new thread for you
I think most of the current Axxera model TVs are "ARC" enabled. When ARC is enabled, if a device that is connected via the ARC HDMI port is turned off, it will trigger the TV to turn off as well. I am thinking the TVs are likely ported through an HDMI switch box and the ARC signal is feeding to anything attached to it. To check this turn off or disconnect the HDMI switch box and see if the 2nd TV stops mimicking what the other does. Or try disconnecting the HDMI cables from the TVs.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:06 PM   #4

THOR #28962
thanks. Your advice helped. Somehow the ARC got turned off. Once I reset to the default settings, both TVs worked independently.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:59 PM   #5

State: Louisiana
THOR #26495
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDeacon View Post
thanks. Your advice helped. Somehow the ARC got turned off. Once I reset to the default settings, both TVs worked independently.
Glad that helped. Ran into some issues like that before and got it figured out.