Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2019, 04:34 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
After spending some time kicking around Braddandhall's websit: we've got enough interest in them, to request some more info.
Expensive? Yes
But they sure seem to be ticking off all of the items on our checklist!

Thanks again...

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Glad to help point you in the right direction!

This upgrade is in my list for the 29H. I think I’m going to need to add rollers or a little mod to the slide floor to install the wall higher recliners but it will be worth it. I don’t think the sofa is very comfortable to sit on for any length of time.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #23

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Arizona
THOR #10400
I like the recliners and the RecPro ones look nice but I'm concerned about the upholstery holding up after reading the negative Amazon reviews of peeling on the vinyl material after 1-3 years or so. For a thousand or more $$ they should hold up IMO. I'm now thinking of looking for non-RV furniture that fits.

azadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #10872
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadv View Post
I like the recliners and the RecPro ones look nice but I'm concerned about the upholstery holding up after reading the negative Amazon reviews of peeling on the vinyl material after 1-3 years or so. For a thousand or more $$ they should hold up IMO. I'm now thinking of looking for non-RV furniture that fits.

We have had our RecPro recliners for nearly a year and a half. No sign of breakdown or wear and we use them Several hours a day as we are full time travelers. They have held up well.

www.offourrockerrv.com
Off Our Rocker RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #25

THOR #10400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Our Rocker RV View Post
We have had our RecPro recliners for nearly a year and a half. No sign of breakdown or wear and we use them Several hours a day as we are full time travelers. They have held up well.
Good to know. I ordered the samples of the material and just got it the other day. I wonder if RecPro is using the same material or if they have changed it at any time in the last few years. I noticed their warranty is:

* 3-year warranty on structural components, springs, and mechanism
* 2-year warranty on Suprima Soft-Touch leather and thread, 5-year warranty on Brisa, and 7-year on RecPro Cloth. Material covers normal wear and tear.*
* 1-year warranty on mechanism actuator (Cable Release)

Also been reading threads on the overall issues with RV faux leather 'pleather' issues in general, peeling and such. Seems a common issue.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:04 AM   #26

THOR #12751
We pulled the trigger over the weekend on the 70" Charles Double Recliners w/ Console for our Outlaw 29H. After ordering the material samples, my wife convinced me to order the Oatmeal Cloth option. She thought the 100% Polyester would hold up better than the leather / vinyl, especially with our dog.

RecPro had a 6% Off Sale from Friday - Sunday. I also can get 5% Cash Back on my Discover Card right now using PayPal so that made it an 11% savings. I ordered them Sunday night... they shipped Monday and will be here tomorrow.

I will have some work to do on the slide since it will be a little short for the base and the front will likely hang over but I have a few ideas on how to get around that.

I'll post pics once I get the stock jack-knife sofa out and the new recliners installed.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:07 AM   #27

THOR #10400
Looking forward to seeing it!
Old 08-14-2019, 05:39 PM   #28

THOR #12751
Well.... FedEx made me their first stop this morning because the boxes took up so much space on the truck!

They fit nice....... actually RecPro is very conservative with their measurements. I actually measured slightly over a 70" width on my slide and I probably have an inch to an inch and a half on each side of the recliner installed. Glad I didn't go with the 67" option.

There are four adjustable feet on each side of each recliner base. The first set of feet are just hanging off the slide. Not too much of and issue and they feel stable but I am going to Home Depot later to get 1.5" x 36" metal U channel pieces to put under the feet on each side and let an inch or two of the channel hang over the slide so the front feet can rest on the metal channel for support. That will prevent it from wanting to tip forward at all if you sit on the very edge of the seat.

I was going to think about mounting them to the floor of the slide but I decided against it. They are fairly heavy and pretty secure when hooked together. I did decide to use the seat belts as a way to secure them somewhat. I wrapped the set belts around the frames and tightened them so I think that will work out ok.... we'll see how it holds up after the first trip.

I have to say they were very well packaged and protected, which is important given their weight. I give RecPro two for fast shipping and making sure they showed up in perfect condition!

Here's what they look like installed....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thor_29H_4.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	19621   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3958.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	19622  

Name:	IMG_3961.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	19623   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3965.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	19624  

Name:	IMG_3971.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	19625  
Old 08-14-2019, 06:29 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1565807373
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gunny 01.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	19626  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #30

THOR #10400
Looks great, I think you made the correct choice on the fabric instead of the faux leather. Let's see a pic of you snoozing in it reclined!
Old 08-14-2019, 06:48 PM   #31

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadv View Post
Looks great, I think you made the correct choice on the fabric instead of the faux leather. Let's see a pic of you snoozing in it reclined!
That will be coming next!

I'm working from home this week and it is getting pretty humid here. I told the wife I was going to take my laptop and sit back in my new recliner and turn on the AC in the Outlaw if she didn't close the windows in the house and get the air conditioning on!!!!

I still may do that.... I'm tired enough that I'll fall asleep for sure!!! '

Didn't take our dog long to jump and make herself all comfy!!!
Old 11-29-2020, 09:34 PM   #32

State: Iowa
THOR #17083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Well.... FedEx made me their first stop this morning because the boxes took up so much space on the truck!

They fit nice....... actually RecPro is very conservative with their measurements. I actually measured slightly over a 70" width on my slide and I probably have an inch to an inch and a half on each side of the recliner installed. Glad I didn't go with the 67" option.

There are four adjustable feet on each side of each recliner base. The first set of feet are just hanging off the slide. Not too much of and issue and they feel stable but I am going to Home Depot later to get 1.5" x 36" metal U channel pieces to put under the feet on each side and let an inch or two of the channel hang over the slide so the front feet can rest on the metal channel for support. That will prevent it from wanting to tip forward at all if you sit on the very edge of the seat.

I was going to think about mounting them to the floor of the slide but I decided against it. They are fairly heavy and pretty secure when hooked together. I did decide to use the seat belts as a way to secure them somewhat. I wrapped the set belts around the frames and tightened them so I think that will work out ok.... we'll see how it holds up after the first trip.

I have to say they were very well packaged and protected, which is important given their weight. I give RecPro two for fast shipping and making sure they showed up in perfect condition!

Here's what they look like installed....
Has anyone removed jackknife with vents in front? How did you handle duct work and new vents?
Old 11-29-2020, 11:17 PM   #33
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna.harvey79@gmail.com View Post
Has anyone removed jackknife with vents in front? How did you handle duct work and new vents?
Yep - rerouted them:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...area-7469.html
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:29 AM   #34

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
We have a 2016 Vegas 24.1 and are wondering if they fit or if you had to take out the table and leg holder?
we have a 2017 24.1 and our replacement works fine with the table and legs