USB Port Blew Up
I bought this cigarette /USB outlet from auto part and attach it to the house battery via the 2 wires that supply electricity to the light bulb.
As soon as I turn on the house battery switch, the USB port blew up (the cigarette port is ok).
Note that this comes with red and black wires, which mean positive (red) and ground( black), while the wires for the light bulb are black (ground or negative?) and white (positive). I connect the red to the white, and the black to the black. Is that a correct wiring?
My house battery is 12V. I checked, and it actually has only 10 volts. My guess is that the amps are too strong.