Using a Satellite Dish
More of an FYI....
When we purchased our 2017 Windsport 34P, the selling dealer "threw in" a King Quest satellite dish (for DirecTV). The Dish requires an inline power injector (supplied with the dish), that will send power to the disk via CoAX.
I ordered a DirecTV H24 receiver (per the compatible DTV receivers for the Quest Dish).
When I had all the stuff, I tried to connect it all up in my windsport as follows:
1. Setup the Dish on a King stand and point the handle North.
2. Connect 75 oHm coax from Dish to the coax located on the side of my windsport.
3. Connect the power injector to the coax in my media cabinet (making sure the coax switch was not green... meaning the coax was not switched to the outside arial antenna).
4. Connect the receiver side of the power injector to the DTV H24.
5. Plug in the H24 to the HDMI switch in the media cabinet and plug the H24 into power.
6. Insert the power cord to the power injector.
The H24 boots up and cannot find the satellite dish. I checked the power injector, and no green light. Hmmmm.
After messing around a bit, it turns out the coax switch in the windsport, will not allow power from the injector to be sent to the Quest dish. I had to move the injector to the outside and place it inline between the Dish and the outside coax connector. Kind of sucky, since the power injector is not weather proof. So now I will have to place the power injector inside of a weather proof box.