Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2019, 07:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation 24ST
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7565
Vegas cab seats and radio

Looks like we'll be keeping our Vegas for a while longer so we're looking to do some upgrades to make the ride more comfortable. Looking for comments from those of you that have updated cab seats and Jensen radio. If you have replaced seats i.e. from Shop4Seats; have you found the seats to be more comfortable? As we can't try them before ordering we want to know if it's worth it. Also, just not fond of the Jensen radio/nav in dash and want to replace it. We have someone to install but we need to research and purchase it and not sure what to look for. Oh and we want to install a WiFi/4G booster. Would appreciate any helpful advice.
I just want to add this is the best forum! It has really helped us a lot, the people on here are amazing with they're willingness to share information and help others.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:03 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Amazon
Eonon 9.0 android 10,1" screen radio replacement is inexpensive and perfect.

Seats
We're going to install seats that exactly match the regular vehicle we drive. We'll buy them from a salvage yard.
Silverado or king ranch seats.
We have a million miles between us in those seats.
NO ONE can ever ever seriously recommend a seat other than build quality and options.

Yes, I know the angle and height will be different, but at least we know Something about the seats we know.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:40 PM   #3

Model: Vegas
State: Texas
THOR #10201
Smile Hungry

We have a VEGAS 24.1 2014 and i called around my area of montgomery Tx and found a upholstery shop that was near Lake Conroe. He didnt speak much English and they mostly worked on boats, but he rebuilt our seats and put marine grade material on them. They are fixed so the bottom cushion doesn’t feel like your going to come out of it and totally replaced all the insides, and the material is a perfect match to the RecPro theater seating we just installed. He only charged us $300.00 a seat and he had them done in less than a week. So look for a upholstery shop near a lake in the winter because their really hungry for business.