Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2018, 07:03 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.1
State: California
THOR #7113
did you get your Vegas new or used? I got my 2015 Vegas 25.1 used a year ago (1 year old) and was wandering why someone bought it new and sold it so soon. I think I now know... They didn't upgrade anything and probably got tired of it quickly.The drivers seat was also leaning forward and to the right side. So I traded it with the passengers seat and it seems to be OK now. Also, the steering was very loose so I added a steering stabilizer and larger anti sway bar. It now handles great. The manufacturers & dealers sell RVs with only the basics unless someone special orders one with upgrades. They leave upgrading to the buyers. I have done many other upgrades to mine and now call it a Vegas 25.1.2. Also, your RV may not have a current model chassis under it as your Thor body year. My 2015 Thor Vegas has a 2014 Ford E350 chassis from the factory and even though Thor calls it a class A, others call it a class C for parts due to the chassis.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:29 PM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13555
Driver seat too high in front

In our Axis drivers seat is too high and cuts off circulation on long drives.
On the passenger seat we have opposite problem, felt like I was constantly sliding off the front of passenger seat but got this:

AmazonBasics Under Desk Foot Rest - Black
Amazon's
Choice
for "foot rest under desk"
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-DSN-02310-Foot-Rest-Black/dp/B01DN8TG46#immersive-view_1563809245714

Great foot rest, makes me much more comfortable and feel safer.

We are hoping we can make the drivers seat angled more like the passenger. I like the idea of adding washers. We will give that a try

Tags
vegas 25.1