Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2019, 02:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35C
State: California
THOR #5225
Washer/dryer installation

I have a 2016 Thor Windsport 35c and am considering installing a Splendide washer/dryer in the rear closet area in the bedroom that already has power receptacles installed for that purpose. I can connect to the water connections in the rear bathroom but would need to either have a vent hole cut in the rear for a vented drying system (2100XC model) or use the 7100XC model that uses a condenser drying system.

Has anyone else installed a this type of system in a similar sized RV? If so what pros and cons did you run into?

Old 07-22-2019, 08:41 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Texas
THOR #218
I recently installed a 2100XC in our Miramar. It had the washer/dryer prep already, which made it easier, but still had to drill the hole and install the vent in the side of the MH. Although this drilling of the vent hole seems daunting, just measure several times to make sure it is in the right spot and go for it! I would highly recommend the vented 2100XC over the non-vented 7100XC. We are very satisfied with the Splendid 2100XC. Installation was really very easy.
5 Star Tuner, Blue Ox, Towtector
PMSPKS is offline   Reply With Quote