Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2022, 04:34 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason977 View Post
Sorry, sometimes the details get lost in my wordiness...

If I recall correctly, someone else had similar issue with a dinette they installed, and modified it so it could still be converted into a short bed. Don’t recall details, but they either cut down size of table, or made extra piece to go between benches at night. They also had issue with cushion lengths (depth?) when converting into bed, and while I can’t recall how they worked around that, they did.

I know you don’t need the extra bed, but if interested, can probably find information doing a forum search.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:09 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #20826
Vagas Modifications

Hi Jason997,

Can you elaborate on the 2nd row seats from a Honda Pilot minivan. What year was the Honda Pilot? Where did you buy the seats from. Were they New.

Steve
Old 02-03-2022, 02:52 PM   #23

THOR #3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I know you don’t need the extra bed, but if interested, can probably find information doing a forum search.
My first thought was to cut the table down, but I really like the table being wider and overlapping the base of the bench a bit. I did cut a piece of plywood that fits between the benches. Of course the space is too small to fit the two back cushions that are supposed to fit there. If it ever comes down to it, I could have some foam cut for that space. That's another great thing about the dinette, I've gained TONS of storage, although it's not very convenient.
Old 02-03-2022, 03:00 PM   #24

THOR #3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by SChin View Post
Can you elaborate on the 2nd row seats from a Honda Pilot minivan. What year was the Honda Pilot? Where did you buy the seats from. Were they New.
I believe they are from a company that takes out the middle row seats for handicap conversions. They're new from a '20 or '21 model, but a little scuffed up from shipping/ handling/ storage.

Are Facebook marketplace links allowed? These are the ones I got, except without the console. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...91442265426307
Old 02-03-2022, 03:15 PM   #25

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Sink help

We have a trailer we keep on the bay at Freeport FL, across the bay from Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, etc. There are a number of thrift stores associated with rehab charities that accept donations. Often contractors for developments will donate excess items to them On one occasion there were a couple dozen Kohler toilets, new in the boxes that were dirt cheap. On another time sinks in the same condition. Moral of the story, check these sources for things in your RV improvement. Obviously some used useless junk, but also new in box if you can make those thing fit and be useful.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:46 PM   #26

State: California
THOR #25895
Really like the idea of the replacement seats? How dis the pilot seats attach? To the existing base? Easy swap out? Or did you have a dealership etc do it?
Old 02-03-2022, 07:03 PM   #27

THOR #20826
Jason,

Seats are form a Honda MiniVan not a Honda Pilot correct??

Steve
Old 02-03-2022, 08:57 PM   #28

THOR #3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by SChin View Post
Seats are form a Honda MiniVan not a Honda Pilot correct??
Steve
You are correct, Honda Odyssey. I'd go back and fix it but I guess I can't edit a post after a certain amount of time?
Old 02-03-2022, 09:05 PM   #29

THOR #3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrove View Post
Really like the idea of the replacement seats? How dis the pilot seats attach? To the existing base? Easy swap out? Or did you have a dealership etc do it?
It was a bit of a pain unfortunately. The Odyssey seats clip into the floor of the minivan. It might be cool to use these clips but it was easier to drill out the rivets that hold the lower part of the seat attachment to the seat slider. Then I welded square tubing to the sliders and drilled holes to bolt them to the stock bases.
Old 02-06-2022, 07:51 PM   #30

Model: 2017 Vegas 25.2
State: British Columbia
THOR #10392
That looks great!
Did you purchase the Honda seats new?

I see that someone else asked this question - missed it!
Thanks for the info!
Old 02-06-2022, 08:13 PM   #31

THOR #13374
Great work. That jacknife sofa is the pits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason977 View Post
my 2016 vegas 24.1 has 90k miles and quite a bit of wear and tear, the seats in particular were basically down to fabric with just a few flakes of fake leather left.

Front seats:
I replaced the driver and passenger seats with 2nd row seats from a honda pilot minivan. I chose these because they have arm rests on both sides and are fairly affordable ($650 for the pair iirc). I saw some minivan seats with footrests that looked awesome but i wasn't willing to pony up the extra cost. The fact that they have integrated seatbelts and fold flat make them much easier to flip around.

Jacknife sofa:
This is the one mod that i really regret not doing sooner. We just really didn't like anything about the sofa. It wasn't comfortable, it was hard to get into and out of with the table in place, and we never used the bed folded out. We went with a dinette from shop4seats. The width of the slide is too narrow for the dinette spacing so the bed doesn't really work as intended but like i said we never really used that bed anyway. In fact i think the fact that the benches are closer together makes it more comfortable. We gained a seat, much larger table, and the ability to sit across from each other. Very happy with the dinette for us.

Kitchen:
The main goals here were more counter space and a bigger sink. I was always annoyed with the rattly stovetop and almost never used more than a single burner (we do most of our cooking outside). So i replaced the countertop to accommodate a much larger sink and completely did away with the stovetop. In addition to our outdoor stove we have a single burner portable butane stove that we use if we want to cook inside.

i want to change mine to a double recliner because the upholstery is flaking, but reading the reviews it seems the new replacement start peeling within a couple of years. Need input!
Old 02-06-2022, 08:44 PM   #32

Model: 2017 Vegas 25.2
State: British Columbia
THOR #10392
Was your fresh water holding tank under your jackknife sofa?
If so, where is it located now?
Old 02-06-2022, 08:48 PM   #33

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
This is 68” from shop4seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A7543298-5531-4AF6-8C81-DAF27132C59F.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	36046  
Old 02-06-2022, 08:57 PM   #34
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
i want to change mine to a double recliner because the upholstery is flaking, but reading the reviews it seems the new replacement start peeling within a couple of years. Need input!
Our shop4seats double recliners look good as new. They are 5 years old and you can't tell--they are leather so a bit more pricey than the non-leather ones.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:34 AM   #35

THOR #20826
Dinette upgrade

Hi Jason 977,

Did you have to remove your factory curtain assembly to get the dinette seats to fit up against the window wall?

Steve
Old 02-07-2022, 04:30 AM   #36
sip

State: California
THOR #5882
Cool stuff ... I really appreciate the efforts to make things fit your style

I think we will likely go with recliners ... I also always hated that couch/bed thingie they put in the 24.1. Deleting the stove top is an interesting option ... I have thought about it too but I was thinking getting something that closes flatter ... or maybe a single instead of the 3... haven't decided.

But yah OMG that kitchen sink of ours has got to go ... just need to find the time and the energy to dig into the project.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:46 PM   #37

THOR #13374
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Our shop4seats double recliners look good as new. They are 5 years old and you can't tell--they are leather so a bit more pricey than the non-leather ones.
I CHECKED THE WEBSITE FOR Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx

I LOOKED AT YOUR shop4seats double recliners and can't see a real leather option. are you sure that is what you have? All they show is "ulitmate leather".
Old 02-07-2022, 06:07 PM   #38
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
THOR #1150

Quote:

I LOOKED AT YOUR shop4seats double recliners and can't see a real leather option. are you sure that is what you have? All they show is "ulitmate leather".
They actually don't sell the model we have anymore so whatever it was it's held up quite well.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:18 PM   #39

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
THOR #1150

Quote:

Mine are the ultimate leather and they’re doing fine after 2 seasons.