Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2020, 11:01 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #15227
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesvictor30 View Post
We have a 2012 Thor Hurricane 33' with the bunk beds. Our seats and other places in the unit are peeling. There is only 30k miles on the unit. It is kept under a shed with the curtains drawn when in storage. The seats are manufactured by Lexington Corp of Elkhart IN.

I have attached a picture of the driver's seat on the side where the seat belt attaches. I wanted to show an area that doesn't get wear and tear so that it would be clear that it is not because of anything we have done. 2nd picture is the manufacture tag. 3rd picture is the driver seat area.

I talked with a Thor rep at the Tampa supershow 2017 about it. He said he would call us back after the show and he didn't have a card so I would have his name and number. Needless to say, he has not called in almost 7 months.
Can you be kind enough to tell me where you got your seat covers?

Old 02-29-2020, 11:03 PM   #42

State: Illinois
THOR #15227
Seat covers for disintegrating vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
our 2014 Palazzo has the same peeling issues... I just added seat covers.
Could you be kind enough to let me know where you got your seat covers?
Old 03-07-2020, 01:12 PM   #43

Model: 37gt Challenger
State: Arkansas
THOR #12432
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureLover View Post
Hi Jeff, that seems like an awful lot of money And it’s is happening on most of the seated surfaces So it would be thousands and thousands of dollars.just don’t wanna spend that money. I’ve only had this rig five years it only has 45,000 miles and wow Just should not happen no matter how long we have it or drive it. I really want to thank you though for your response.
It was 875 shipped for the two captain seats. From my research seemed much more reasonable than buying a new seat. The new skins are marine-grade which is what they should have used from the beginning :-)

Once they come in post some pictures here. From what I have read from other posters are pretty straightforward to replace.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:50 PM   #44

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureLover View Post
Could you be kind enough to let me know where you got your seat covers?
I refused to pay a lot of $$$ to cover seats and keep dumping money into the Vegas kit, so I bought the seat covers here:
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...tml#post220961 post #3. So far they have been ok, more comforatable, and are definitely better than nothing. Only installed them a month or so ago, so don't know how they will hold up. I think some others on the forum may have installed them also.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:41 AM   #45

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Ventana LE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16834
Sales person at North Trail RV, said that Flexsteel got a lot of what has turned out to be bad vinyl, from China, that was used in manufacturing seats,etc that ended up in just about every brand of RV, including her Newmar.