Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2020, 02:51 PM   #1
KKV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #20141
Sound bar advice?

2017 ACE 30.2.

Thinking about a sound bar for the exterior TV. Not a lot of clearance at the bottom so curious what brands some of you may have bought and how you mounted it. Another thought would be to leave it in the recess below the TV but of course it would not articulate with the TV.

Lastly, the two exterior speakers aren’t terrible but I don’t believe they can carry that TV audio? Dedicated to the head unit in the master bedroom?

Old 11-11-2020, 03:35 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
2017 ACE 30.2.

Thinking about a sound bar for the exterior TV. Not a lot of clearance at the bottom so curious what brands some of you may have bought and how you mounted it. Another thought would be to leave it in the recess below the TV but of course it would not articulate with the TV.

Lastly, the two exterior speakers aren’t terrible but I don’t believe they can carry that TV audio? Dedicated to the head unit in the master bedroom?
It depends on the model Jensen radio you have in the bedroom. The JWM12 models have an audio input on the back. In some plant 750 coach, the factory ran the cable from the outside TV to the Jensen in the bedroom. You can use the "Jcontrol" app to control the volume or play stored music to the outside speakers. I do recommend you do change the speakers out for a better type. How to set it up is all in the manual <https://www.jensenrvdirect.com/manuals-guides>
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #3
KKV

THOR #20141
My Jensen is JWM1A. The outside TV of course has HDMI to run a DVD from inside. I also see red and white wires connected to audio out from the outside Seiki TV. Wondering if those red and white are in fact connected to the Jensen. I’ll check it out. Thank you
Old 11-11-2020, 04:13 PM   #4
KKV

THOR #20141
Quote:
My Jensen is JWM1A. The outside TV of course has HDMI to run a DVD from inside. I also see red and white wires connected to audio out from the outside Seiki TV. Wondering if those red and white are in fact connected to the Jensen. I’ll check it out. Thank you

AUX2 on the Jensen head unit did indeed play outside TV audio. Good to go.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:58 PM   #5

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 36RSB3
State: Florida
THOR #17449
Picked this up at Best Buy for home office. Nice little speaker
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...?skuId=6346460
Old 11-12-2020, 12:11 AM   #6

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
AUX2 on the Jensen head unit did indeed play outside TV audio. Good to go.
My Jensen is a JWM1A
Aux 2 plays the outdoor (& bedroom) speakers thru the outdoor TV.
The JWM1A has an A/B speaker switch
Old 12-29-2020, 01:38 AM   #7

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
As a fellow 2017 30.2 owner I can tell you the TV sound won’t play on the outdoor speakers without some wiring mod. The Jensen in the back bedroom goes to the outside speakers and inside over the master bed.
I replaced the outside Suckie TV with a Fire ready TV. Also straightened the mounting bracket since the factory made it very crooked. I think if you shop around you could find a sound bar that would fit in the cubby under the tv. The only thing to consider is it’s not a weather proof compartment. When I removed the original tv when it failed in 3 yrs the connections on the back were corroded.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:45 AM   #8
KKV

THOR #20141
Thanks. Outside speakers actually DO carry exterior TV audio. Football live and DVDs audio comes out of the Jensen’s from the AUX channel. At least in my case. I can’t control the Jensen in my ACE 30.2 2017 series and no app connectivity exist. Nonetheless. I can clamor into the master to up/down volume for outside Tab as needed. Peace.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:18 AM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Kind of lost on what you trying to do with the Jensen inside, but I believe I have good answers for your questions on Sound bar & speakers.

You didn't say what size TV, but I bought the 36" Vizio It is Outstanding!!! If you patient the price may drop down to $99 or just buy an open box from Best Buy. Connect it to HDMI Arc and you are in business, plus you will have Bluetooth outside for music. What makes this Soundbar so great is that it has built in sub woofer and you can feel and hear the base if you adjust it.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m...?skuId=6416783

As far as the speakers go. I recently replaced two Jensen 12w speakers that were inside with Alpine Type E 5.25" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker System, 200 Watts (SPE-5000) and it was incredible the difference in sound and quality for about $60. Note: the two Jensen speakers inside were the Winnebago waterproof version? My replacement Alpine speakers are not waterproof but they don't need to be. If I were to replace the 2 outside, I would just get the equivalent Alpine waterproof version, about $80.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:32 AM   #10

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Sound bar advice?

Quote:
Thanks. Outside speakers actually DO carry exterior TV audio. Football live and DVDs audio comes out of the Jensen’s from the AUX channel. At least in my case. I can’t control the Jensen in my ACE 30.2 2017 series and no app connectivity exist. Nonetheless. I can clamor into the master to up/down volume for outside Tab as needed. Peace.

Lol. I have the jControl Jensen app on my phone but the Aux doesn’t work with my TV.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:23 PM   #11

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
We added a sound bar to the interior TV in our 30FE because the stock TV could not be heard with the AC on. We bought a $100 sound bar from Walmart. The sound bar is great. However, if we were to do it over, we would just have bought a better TV instead of the sound bar. Maybe something for you to consider.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:40 PM   #12

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
We added a sound bar to the interior TV in our 30FE because the stock TV could not be heard with the AC on. We bought a $100 sound bar from Walmart. The sound bar is great. However, if we were to do it over, we would just have bought a better TV instead of the sound bar. Maybe something for you to consider.
We actually did both. I removed the factory TV because I wanted to professionally wire my new Vizio Sound Bar with built in Sub woofer to the power provided by Inverter. Apparently in doing so; I must have damaged the TV that came with the coach, it would not come back on I didn't blink and went out and bought the best Samsung 40" I could find that fit. It is great to have Wifi and bluetooth capabilities now Also, most all TVs you buy today really do need soundbars as there is really no room to put quality speakers on them anymore. We wanted to be able to sit in reclined Captain & passenger chairs and watch TV and hear with ease.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:56 PM   #13

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #15951
We added this to our outside tv. It allows us to have a Bluetooth speaker where we are sitting. It’s nice at night when you don’t want the television sound to travel to Luther campsites

Avantree Oasis Plus Certified aptX HD Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV, Low Latency Wireless Audio Adapter for Headphone, Long Range, Voice Guide, Touch Screen, Splitter for Wire & Wireless https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQYYDNJ...ing=UTF8&psc=1