Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-17-2021, 12:50 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I like that button. It will make sure you have a clear path ahead.

Paul

Old 04-18-2021, 11:00 PM   #22

Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
THOR #17588
Another mod... Thanks to Jerry and Dino

Some like them....some don't...We like them. So I followed Jerry's post or it was Dino's... and copied what they did. Thanks for the ideas... always Jerry. Tapped into the inside stair switch too. I will tell you... it's tight working under this thing... or I'm too thick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0309.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	29832   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0310.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	29833  

Name:	IMG_0318.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	29834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0308.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	29835  

Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:03 PM   #23

THOR #17588
additional picture

Additional pictures... I buttoned up all the connectors after the pictures and water proofed them with liquid electrical tape.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0317.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	29836   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	29837  

Old 04-21-2021, 05:32 PM   #24

Model: 33.1
State: Alabama
THOR #21442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeman View Post
What do you do when it's 61F on eastern shore of MD and all the leaves are done.
So... again thanks to others on the forum. I have installed a separate/auxiliary monitor for the backup camera and mirror cam's. Backup is on all the time, like a review mirror or to watch a toad once we decide what we want (must be 4x4). All wires tucked behind dash. Actually about a 45 minute install. Of course add a few extra minutes to tidy up wires behind dash. Power, ground and video hook up. Sorry if pics are sideways, they should straighten up when clicked on. Once RV specific GPS (already have) is mounted cockpit will be done and I will update picture.

Amazon podofo 9" TFT LCD Split Screen Quad Monitor
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm currently in the process of adding the separate monitor. I bought the same Amazon as you. I disconnected the box and connected the video cables to the monitor but am getting no picture. I added the power and ground to the monitor but only getting the blue screen. Is there a trick to this?
Old 04-21-2021, 11:27 PM   #25

THOR #17588
Hey Dafoot2... in the 3rd picture look at the yellow cable, I attached it to the Y cable coming out the back of the switching unit. I didn't disconnect any other wires, since I didn't care about the radio cutting off or the radio screen still working. I just needed a clearer view and something at my eye level. Super easy hook up. Unfortunately its in storage in the pole barn or I would run out and get additional pictures. If time permits I will try this week. But it was 1 wire to connect and a power supply. Hope that helps.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:45 PM   #26
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafoot2 View Post
I'm currently in the process of adding the separate monitor. I bought the same Amazon as you. I disconnected the box and connected the video cables to the monitor but am getting no picture. I added the power and ground to the monitor but only getting the blue screen. Is there a trick to this?
How did you do that?

The camera cables are not RCA and if you got adapters you have to wire power to each camera on the adapter because the switchbox supplies power to the cameras. Cakeman (and most others that use a monitor with RCA video inputs) usually just take the output of the switchbox which is RCA and use a splitter to send the output to the additional monitor as well as the radio.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:32 PM   #27

THOR #17588
Relay Panel

What do you do when the east coast is getting bizarre fall weather for memorial day weekend… rain and 50F… where is the sunshine and 80° weather…

Anyway…..I had the parts and had the time… Going to add driving lights …fog lights and back up lights…. I Wanted a relay panel… I hate wires going all over the place

So I built one…
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0656.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	30992   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0665.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	30993  

Old 05-30-2021, 01:36 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Do you make housecalls?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:53 PM   #29

Model: Four Winds 28A
THOR #21941
Quote:
Thanks to many others here helping me spend my money...
I have a small list.

Underglow lights, unfortunately I ordered 2 boxes of the lights and they are totally different from each other, so waiting on another box from manufacture. Picture attached of just the rear test. I know a lot of people aren’t into these, but the white LED strip along the awning is very bright and my wife would like a softer look, so blue it is, under the RV.
I ran LED strip lighting fore and aft from the steps light. My son-in-law's Attitude toy hauler had it as factory and I was envious!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2354.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	30995  

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:05 PM   #30

THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Do you make housecalls?
I guess it depends on how far north you live in NY...
Old 05-30-2021, 11:06 PM   #31

THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetaylor55 View Post
I ran LED strip lighting fore and aft from the steps light. My son-in-law's Attitude toy hauler had it as factory and I was envious!
Those look great... nice job
Old 05-30-2021, 11:24 PM   #32

THOR #17588
Driving lights - half installed

So, one of these will be a fog light (yellow), and the other will be a driving lights. Both driving lights are temporally mounted to test fit and make sure I like how they look. Since the pole barn is flat and my driveway has a small angle of departure and entrance, I need to measure before a full mount, to make sure they don't scrape. I have about 9" of clearance, since I wont be four wheeling, I should be ok.

For those interested, I will sandwich a 1.5" wide piece of 1/4" flat steel about 10" long above and below the fiberglass for support, maybe a bit overkill, but I hate dancing lights and I don't want any stress cracks in my fiberglass bumper lip

I have tested these and really liked the pattern they throw out. I also have plenty of room for the testing at my kids farm and will be able to aligned them to not shine in peoples eyes for all the spot light haters out there...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0670.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	31011  
Old 05-31-2021, 12:51 AM   #33

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Great work Bradley
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 11:42 PM   #34

THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Great work Bradley
Thanks Jerry
Old 06-17-2021, 09:23 PM   #35

THOR #17588
Still haven't mounted the driving and fog light, although I do have about 2.5"s of clearance backing into my driveway.

But wanted to share these 2 purchases. Wife wanted a trash can in bathroom and this was a perfect fit on the ledge next to the hopper.

We spent last week at Cherrystone Campground in Cheriton VA (over looking the Chesapeake Bay) and it rained 3 days. We still had a great time. But apparently 3 days in a RV when your 6'4"... your legs need a lift... this foldable ottoman is perfect for anyone who needs them. It was a 2 pack and you can see one is set up and one is folded. These are sweet and will fit under dinette for storage when not being used.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0790.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	31433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0797.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	31434  

Name:	IMG_0798.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	31435  
Old 07-06-2021, 12:17 AM   #36

THOR #17588
Endless things to do..

I am sure why Thor had a good reason to put a rain cover on every roof vent except the bathroom. But let me tell you... in a down pour.. I would prefer to not have some rain enter, while I am perch upon my throne..
Easy 15 minute job, took more time climbing up and down the ladder... twice to check clearance as I was by myself. These work great I have used them for many years on other RV's.

Amazon

Side note, still cant figure out how to get straight pictures... sorry
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0837.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	31862   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0839.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	31863  

Old 07-06-2021, 12:21 AM   #37

Model: Four Winds 28A
THOR #21941
Quote:
I am sure why Thor had a good reason to put a rain cover on every roof vent except the bathroom. But let me tell you... in a down pour.. I would prefer to not have some rain enter, while I am perch upon my throne..
Easy 15 minute job, took more time climbing up and down the ladder... twice to check clearance as I was by myself. These work great I have used them for many years on other RV's.

Amazon

Side note, still cant figure out how to get straight pictures... sorry
Our FW 28A doesn't have any vent covers. These will be going on before our Washington state trip in September. White ones on the bathroom and kitchen vents, black ones over the cab bunk and the bedroom.

https://www.campingworld.com/maxxair...hite-1733.html

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:26 AM   #38

THOR #17588
Bluetooth

This was also a fast easy... make my life better upgrade. The outside speakers sometimes pair, then they don't pair with bluetooth. This back and forth has my wife and I going crazy. Always having to reconnect a phone. So about this cheap bluetooth speaker. Ran the wire behind the outdoor TV into the coach, under the sink there is a receptacle for the TV, well now it has a charger cable too. Fast easy... no more music problems while sitting outside. I will most likely update cable to a black one down the road... you know OCD
Hope this helps someone else. By the way, the spec on the POS radio in the bedroom has a 30 foot bluetooth range and apparently cant go through walls. Much cheaper than a new radio
Have never even turned on the TV.. to each his own, but not what I am in the campground for. Plus the mosquitoes around here like old sour men apparently

Amazon
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0853.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	31864   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0852.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	31865  

Old 07-06-2021, 12:32 AM   #39

THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetaylor55 View Post
Our FW 28A doesn't have any vent covers. These will be going on before our Washington state trip in September. White ones on the bathroom and kitchen vents, black ones over the cab bunk and the bedroom.

https://www.campingworld.com/maxxair...hite-1733.html
Wayne....You'll be happy you did. And cheaper at Camping World...
Old 07-06-2021, 02:20 AM   #40

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
I have studied the picture and like the idea of your original source, and you bringing it to my light. However, I must ask how do you, or do you still use the anode rod for the hot water heater?

I would be afraid to use without anode and my anode rode is the current plug
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote