Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2021, 11:22 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I have studied the picture and like the idea of your original source, and you bringing it to my light. However, I must ask how do you, or do you still use the anode rod for the hot water heater?

I would be afraid to use without anode and my anode rode is the current plug
I agree, I would not run your hot water heater without the anode rod.
My drain plug does not have the anode rod attached. You can see the plastic drain plug in the right corner of the picture….. it’s sitting on the ledge

Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:06 PM   #42

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeman View Post
I agree, I would not run your hot water heater without the anode rod.
My drain plug does not have the anode rod attached. You can see the plastic drain plug in the right corner of the picture….. it’s sitting on the ledge

I have never found an anode rod for my water heater. Do all water heaters have anode rods?
Old 07-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #43

THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
I have never found an anode rod for my water heater. Do all water heaters have anode rods?
I was told and appears to be true, that the Atwood hot water heater does not need an anode rod. The water tank on the Atwood Water Heater is made of aluminum which does not have the same corrosive properties as steel. You may need to check what brand you have. Mine is Atwood, also known by the plastic drain cap.

Hope that helps
Old 07-06-2021, 12:18 PM   #44

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
I was told and appears to be true, that the Atwood hot water heater does not need an anode rod. The water tank on the Atwood Water Heater is made of aluminum which does not have the same corrosive properties as steel. You may need to check what brand you have. Mine is Atwood, also known by the plastic drain cap.

Hope that helps

I have a plastic drain plug. If I remember correctly the water heater is an Atwood. But I will check just to make sure. Thanks for the info Cakeman.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:35 PM   #45

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
I have a plastic drain plug. If I remember correctly the water heater is an Atwood. But I will check just to make sure. Thanks for the info Cakeman.
Cakeman covered it nicely. Mine is a Suburban. I worry about the threads getting worn because I use my RV year around. I don't hesitate to drain it very frequently during winter. I actually replace the anode before I have to just in case I forget though. The picture proves they work though. IMO the design should drain separately from anode replacement but the Suburban brand is tried and true. It is gas 6 gallon hot water tanks that works really well. We can get hot water heated in 5 minutes and thus far never depleted the capacity and no draw on batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201025_104448.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	31866   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191213_151938.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	31867  

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #46

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Great idea! What adaptor did you use to go from the outlet to the braided hose?
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #47

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
On my class C, the dash mounted Axxera radio has RCA video out jacks on the back. Since the rearview mirror is useless, I used zip ties to securely mount a rear view monitor to it. The monitor has a flat plate on the back, and the zip ties are nearly invisible.

I hated taking my eyes off the road to look down at the radio in traffic to see behind me... it just seemed logical to mount a monitor on the rearview mirror. That's where I look out of habit anyway. It's on all the time while driving.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:48 PM   #48

THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by WearyTraveler View Post
Great idea! What adaptor did you use to go from the outlet to the braided hose?
I took the fitting with me to Home Depot, and bought the male/male brass fitting that fit both. Sorry I don't recall the actual size.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:58 PM   #49

THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
On my class C, the dash mounted Axxera radio has RCA video out jacks on the back. Since the rearview mirror is useless, I used zip ties to securely mount a rear view monitor to it. The monitor has a flat plate on the back, and the zip ties are nearly invisible.

I hated taking my eyes off the road to look down at the radio in traffic to see behind me... it just seemed logical to mount a monitor on the rearview mirror. That's where I look out of habit anyway. It's on all the time while driving.
I agree, unfortunately my Class A doesn't have a review mirror. Or I would have mounted it there too. I don't even have a straight shot to look out the back window.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:16 PM   #50

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
I took the fitting with me to Home Depot, and bought the male/male brass fitting that fit both. Sorry I don't recall the actual size.
Thank you.
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:42 PM   #51

THOR #17588
Finally had time to finish my auxiliary driving lights and fog lights. I need to fix the labels on the lights. I’m a little OCD with things like that. Fortunately there were already holes in the dash for the switches.

And apparently I haven’t cleaned the air conditioner filters in a while… I always forget about them
Old 08-14-2021, 08:44 PM   #52

THOR #17588

Name:	IMG_1162.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	32822
Old 08-14-2021, 08:44 PM   #53

THOR #17588

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	32823Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1159.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	32824
Old 08-14-2021, 08:53 PM   #54

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Awesome!
Old 03-20-2022, 09:18 PM   #55

THOR #17588
Getting ready to pull her out of the pole barn…. camping is just around the corner. 2 Quick easy projects borrowed from others on the forum.
DW has accidentally hit or bumped the master switch by the steps… Saw someone else do this… A quick trip to tractor supply to pick up the clips. Drill small hole… push clip through…all done.
Press for light/power to come on, then push clip through. It can no longer be turned off unless clip is removed.

The other one I know ducky did… I didn’t really need to know the exact temperature in the fridge or the freezer… But for $30 why not. One sensor is in outside in the TV door … Number two sensor is in the refrigerator… Number three sensor is in the freezer. . At glance all temperatures accounted for. Fridge/freezer is currently off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-20-2022, 09:28 PM   #56

THOR #17588
Sorry pics wouldn't load from phone.. this is for above post
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Main Power.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	36532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermo.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	36533  

Name:	Thermo1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	36534  
Old 03-20-2022, 10:30 PM   #57
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Getting ready to pull her out of the pole barn…. camping is just around the corner. 2 Quick easy projects borrowed from others on the forum.
DW has accidentally hit or bumped the master switch by the steps… Saw someone else do this… A quick trip to tractor supply to pick up the clips. Drill small hole… push clip through…all done.
Press for light/power to come on, then push clip through. It can no longer be turned off unless clip is removed.

The other one I know ducky did… I didn’t really need to know the exact temperature in the fridge or the freezer… But for $30 why not. One sensor is in outside in the TV door … Number two sensor is in the refrigerator… Number three sensor is in the freezer. . At glance all temperatures accounted for. Fridge/freezer is currently off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Looking good! We have always had a 2 remote version of that temp monitor: One for the fridge, one for outside and of course the local is inside temp.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote