Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2022, 04:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
THOR #11834
Weight of Pull-out couch in 2018 Vegas 24.1

I am considering replacing my pull-out couch with a set of recliners. I read that the slide out has limited amount of weight that they can carry safely.

I called Thor customer support, was transferred to technical assistance, and when asked the question this was the reply: "It's a couch I don't know what the weight is". I then asked the weight limits for the slide out, answer was "I don't know, I'll transfer you to customer support", which is where I started.

Does anyone know the answer to these questions? What is the weight of the couch, or how much can the pullout support?

Old 10-02-2022, 07:26 PM   #2

Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #17456
Have had Recpro manual recliners for 3 years on my 24.1. No slide issues at all.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:00 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRob View Post
I am considering replacing my pull-out couch with a set of recliners. I read that the slide out has limited amount of weight that they can carry safely.

I called Thor customer support, was transferred to technical assistance, and when asked the question this was the reply: "It's a couch I don't know what the weight is". I then asked the weight limits for the slide out, answer was "I don't know, I'll transfer you to customer support", which is where I started.

Does anyone know the answer to these questions? What is the weight of the couch, or how much can the pullout support?
I don't know the weight of existing sofa, but I can't imagine ANY slide designed for a pull out sofa that couldn't also accommodate theater seats, it is quite often a option. I would be more worried if they fit, and if I could get inside the door?"
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:41 PM   #4

State: Rhode Island
THOR #11834
Thanks for getting back to me. I was able to contact Lippert, the maker of my slide-out, and was told it could accommodate 800 lbs, total.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:49 AM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRob View Post
Thanks for getting back to me. I was able to contact Lippert, the maker of my slide-out, and was told it could accommodate 800 lbs, total.
I replaced the jack knife sofa ( what a crap that was) with 2 power recliners from Shop4Seats. That was one of the best upgrades I have done. I do not know how heavy the recliners are, but the old jack knife sofa was heavy like hell with bunch of metal parts, springs not to mention the entire jack knife mechanism was made out of metal. I bet old sofa was heavier than recliners. I have never had any issues with the slide.