Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Texas
THOR #4818
Wet Bay Remodel

I have a 2014 Thor Palazzo 36.1 and I'm not happy with the wet bay configuration / Kantleak performance. I'm curious if anyone has remodeled that area and if so, did you install a different fresh water management system (i.e. Nautilus P1 or P2) or just go back with the same old, same old?

Old 09-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #2

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Oregon
THOR #4145
Palazzo 33.2 owner also unhappy with Kantleak system

I am also very unhappy with the Kantleak system in my wetbay. I have replaced the part that comes in the repair kit 3 times, and it's already failing again after only two weeks of actual use. Anderson Brass is good about sending out the repair kit at no charge, but I'm tired of the quick failures. I had not heard about the Nautilus system until your posted question, and now that I've looked into it, I may have to take steps to replace my leaking Kantleak with a Nautilus P2!
Old 09-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #3

THOR #4818
Thanks Scintor ... I'd look at others beyond Nautilus, but that's the only alternative I've been able to identify so far ... I have no idea of pricing or availability, but I'm going to find out ...

Have fun!
Old 09-18-2017, 01:55 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
I had a Palazzo before thus my interest. At another Forum(not sure if you can list the name here?), there is a thread entitled Anderson Valve and within that thread several Palazzo owners have revamped their Wet Bays. They have removed the Anderson Valve, etc. Pictures included. When I had mine, I moved the water filter and water pump to the Wet Bay, thus removing about 24 feet of Pex pipe.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:21 PM   #5

THOR #4818
Thanks Peterrrr ... I would enjoy seeing the pics from that other forum if you could send me a link ...
Old 09-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #6

Model: Challenger 37KT
THOR #1183
If constant filling of fresh water tank is the only problem - like I have - install a cutoff valve on line to tank. That is what I did.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #7

THOR #4818
Thanks ctpres, but it's more than that ... In my case it's leaks, component placement / access, and very poor space utilization ... For example I'd like to put a hose reel in there, but the way it's configured currently that'd be tough ...

Things like that ...