Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #21
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Note to all the F-53 owners commenting: The OP mentions a Vegas model (even though they do say "ACE" the model # is Vegas).

The Vegas is an E-Series frame and the Cheap Handling Fix doesn't apply in this case.

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:10 PM   #22

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
I decided to have the kit and kaboodal put on my Class C this week.

1. Remount Safe T Steer. (Had put on by C.W. several months ago and found out U bolt that holds it to steering arm, threads stripped and wasn't even working, arm just sliding through U bolt) C.W. is paying for expense to have re-done by R.V. center near me.
2. Rear Trac Bar
3. Front and rear sway bars.
4. Koni shocks all around.
All recommendations for these suspension mods per recommendations from local R.V. center and Henderson's in Oregon. Costs including labor to be around $2,547.

If this rig doesn't drive like I want, will destroy it somehow.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #23

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
I decided to have the kit and kaboodal put on my Class C this week.

1. Remount Safe T Steer. (Had put on by C.W. several months ago and found out U bolt that holds it to steering arm, threads stripped and wasn't even working, arm just sliding through U bolt) C.W. is paying for expense to have re-done by R.V. center near me.
2. Rear Trac Bar
3. Front and rear sway bars.
4. Koni shocks all around.
All recommendations for these suspension mods per recommendations from local R.V. center and Henderson's in Oregon. Costs including labor to be around $2,547.

If this rig doesn't drive like I want, will destroy it somehow.

I had all this done on our class C (except the shocks). While it doesn’t handle like a sports car it is much improved. The big issue is too much play in the steering gear.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:54 PM   #24

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
I always recommend driving the RV first - that will establish a baseline for handling. In another life I drove heavy equipment transport. Learning to drive takes a bit more than just a few miles. I've introduced a few drivers to driving a RV and like to show new operators that many steering corrections are a result of what I call "driving short" - that is looking a few hundred feet in front of the vehicle vs looking a 1/4 mile ahead. The difference often is referred to as micro corrections. To convince new drivers, I have them lift there hands off the wheel for a short ways. Funny thing - the RV tracks very well and without much drift.

Anyways - just our experience.