Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: California
THOR #3681
Where is the Satellite prep?

Hello all, looking for someone who found the satellite pre-coax on the roof? I have a 2018 Challenger 37KT. The schematics showed me a orange coax that terminates in the AV area and goes out the same harness as the roof antenna. So I found the inside coax after I pulled of a panel in the AV cabinet. It was just lying on the floor behind the fireplace. So I took off the roof antenna and see only the tan coax for it, no orange coax for satellite. I toned it and could not find any response on the roof.

Looking at other forums, may people have found it under a dummy plumbing fixture or plat that says Sat Prep, can't find any of those on my roof, just the solar prep with the two 12V cables.

Called Thor and was told that sat-prep did not come on my unit, yet the schematics show the harness and I see the orange coax laying on the floor.

Has anyone else found theres on the roof? Is is mayby hiding under an A/C unit?

2018 Thor Challenger 37KT
gauthig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
On the schematic for our 37LX , it shows the satellite prep coming out near the antenna about 1/2 way between the kitchen plumbing vent and the 1/2 bath vent. I stuck my head up there and took a peek and it looks like I have what appears to be another plumbing vent in the location where the satellite prewire is on the schematic. I never went up there to check it out though. Do you have a plumbing schematic and if so, check to see if you have an extra vent not shown in the plumbing schematic. Hope this helps.

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:47 AM   #3

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: California
THOR #3681
Ended up being bad planning by Thor. Spoke to both the dealer repair shop and someone at Thor.

Thor has one wiring plan for each Challenger model so when the RG cables were laid, they included the one for the roof satellite. But since the roof plans are different for Satellite prep, they did not terminate it into a dummy vent or other plate on the roof. So the RG cable is laid out going to the roof just not terminated for easy access. My dealer repairman told me they know where it is terminated as they had a unit with extensive roof damage. Told me it was in an aluminum channel that I could not realy get to.
2018 Thor Challenger 37KT
gauthig is offline   Reply With Quote