Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2021, 11:18 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #21919
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Huh…pre-virus it was a $3-3500 “out-the-door” price

Well,
Like gas & lumber, inflation has hit BigFoot.

Check again.
E350 manual leveling system is cheaper then E350 auto leveling system.

https://www.shop.thebigfootleveler.c...lass-C_c44.htm

Old 06-28-2021, 11:34 PM   #22

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Huh…pre-virus it was a $3-3500 “out-the-door” price
Suspect that was for the "Platinum" system (semi-manual).
Old 06-28-2021, 11:41 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22687
Sitting in the Bigfoot parking lot now.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:18 AM   #24

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Finally got the platinum (manual) system installed on my class C. Snap Pads were a no-go... road clearance is already tight, and the pads made it even worse.
I cut a rubber stall mat (Tractor Supply) down to 1' x 1' squares and toss those under the feet.

Operation is simple... with the ignition off, press the power button. Then press the start button. Both front feet extend to contact the ground, then the back feet extend to contact. It's rock solid stable at that point, but so-so level. The problem I have with this "recommend" method is, although it stabilizes the MH, it raises it unnecessarily high - making the step up into the MH a little steep.

The method I found works for me is to find the highest corner, then manually extend that foot to just contact the ground. Then alternate between the other three corners until level.

So far, I am extremely happy with the system. Took all of two hours for the installation! I paid just under $3k installed at their White Pigeon MI HQ. The wife (and probably others) think it's a hassle for the manual system. But I'd rather spend that extra thousand+ bucks the automatic system costs on camping. It takes me maybe 3 minutes to get level. Whatever floats your boat!

For the techies... (yeah, I like to tinker with electronics) For manual leveling assist, I'm currently working on a small electronic device about the size of the LevelMate. The difference is it doesn't need to connect to your phone... but uses a series of beeps and LED lights to indicate level. Easy to install and set up, extremely accurate, and no app to download. Still in development stages, but if there is interest in a device like this, I would make it available...

Knowing electronics, I can't figure why it costs a thousand bucks extra for the automatic system! Maybe after my warranty expires I'll hack into the controller and roll my own for a fraction of that price...

Tags
bigfoot, michigan factory