Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2016, 11:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37MD outlaw
State: Missouri
THOR #5305
37MD outlaw overhead view

Okay here's the situation, I'm going to be putting 8 solar panels with tilt mounts on top of my outlaw. the problem is I haven't seen what it looks like on top and it's parked under low hanging branches right now so I cant just climb a ladder and look to see how clear it is up there (I'm waiting for my neighbor to get back from the country with his pole saw to cut the branches out of the way). in the meantime I'm trying to decide where I want to put these 8 panels which are 41" long by 27" wide. now the outlaw is 38'7" long and I want to leave a 5' space at the front for my ladder access, so if I call the panels 4' long that will give me 8" between each panel to reach the knobs to do setup when we're camping. that means I still have 1.5' or so to spare if I run them all in a line down the drivers side of the RV. but I'm sure there is a skylight over the shower thats going to get in the way of that and possibly a vent or two, so now for my question, does anyone know where I can get a roof layout for my rig? I've looked all over the internet and can't even find a picture of the top of it much less a dimensional diagram. any clues will be greatly appreciated, I promise. Thanks, Phil

Old 09-16-2016, 08:42 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37MD outlaw
State: Missouri
THOR #5305
okay, I'll answer my own question.

For anyone needing to know just what is going on up there. It seems to be missing the gray/black water tank vent, but other than that I think is accurate ( I would hope anyhow lol) although it is copyrighted I doubt there are any corporate spies out there just waiting to get their hands on this PDF. And it was given to me just for sending an email to Thor, so...If the mods think it's a violation of some sort then feel free to remove it, I'm just posting to help anyone else out there looking for this specific info.
OL 37 MD roof.pdf