Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2020, 11:22 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
Thanks and please post how the recliner works for you.
Metal man - I don’t remember if I let you know but they work well. They do give me some head support at 6’ 2”. Not like at home but a helluva lot better than the worthless jackknife loveseat. Let’s see if I can upload a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C19D3A31-9162-457F-9E68-75B89097EF7C.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	27725  

Old 12-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #22

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Looks Great Jimbo56! BTW we are still 100% pleased we made this change to our 27K.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:18 PM   #23
jgt

State: Florida
THOR #8076
Tom did your recliners over hang past the area of your slide? I bought two recliners and a love seat console which will be about 11” into my tile area. My concern is when the slide goes in and out, will I need to put some type of roller system on the front?

Thanks JGT
Old 11-30-2021, 08:11 PM   #24

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I would LOVE to replace the dinette in our 24F with reclining theater seats! It's incredibly uncomfortable, and we have NOWHERE to just kick back and relax. The only two options are the bed and those uncomfortable dinette benches. I would LOVE to have a couple recliners with folding side tables!

The huge problem is the water heater is under the right dinette bench. I would just make that into a cabinet with a table top. But I don't think there is enough width to squeeze recliners in there.

The city water connection plumbing is under the other bench... but I think I could work around that.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:35 PM   #25

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Chateau_Nomad,
I can't believe we bought the 27K It had no comfortable seating except for the driver's and passenger's seat. I replaced part of the dinette seating with a seat for a pontoon boat. It's a lot more comfortable than the dinette seat, but still not good to kick back and relax on.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:11 PM   #26

THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
I would LOVE to replace the dinette in our 24F with reclining theater seats! It's incredibly uncomfortable, and we have NOWHERE to just kick back and relax. The only two options are the bed and those uncomfortable dinette benches. I would LOVE to have a couple recliners with folding side tables!

The huge problem is the water heater is under the right dinette bench. I would just make that into a cabinet with a table top. But I don't think there is enough width to squeeze recliners in there.

The city water connection plumbing is under the other bench... but I think I could work around that.
How wide is your space?
Old 11-30-2021, 11:15 PM   #27

THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
Chateau_Nomad,
I can't believe we bought the 27K It had no comfortable seating except for the driver's and passenger's seat. I replaced part of the dinette seating with a seat for a pontoon boat. It's a lot more comfortable than the dinette seat, but still not good to kick back and relax on.
Check with Tom above and see what he did.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:16 PM   #28

THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N3EQF View Post
Looks Great Jimbo56! BTW we are still 100% pleased we made this change to our 27K.
Can you post a picture of what you did so Metalman can see.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:00 AM   #29

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I would only have 52" width for recliners, but 72" for a sofa... which could extend the seat over the hot water tank. Those would be some narrow recliners! I could handle a bench style sofa if it was comfy.

Tags
furniture dinette