When we picked up our used 15 Windsport 27K I was disappointed to find only 1 deep cycle house battery installed which I think is insufficient. I had three 79AH AGM batteries I kept from our previous MH. Unfortunately Thor in their wisdom had made it impossible to install all three in the compartment.
So I set about modifying (and improving) the house battery situation in the compartment. So for anyone who wants to make the same modifications, here is my documentation of the project.
First off, before doing anything, disconnect both the house batteries and the chassis battery. There are major currents in those big cables and they can do some real damage if they accidently get grounded. Then take lots of pictures you can refer to later when you forget where everything connected. Labeling cables also helps if you are forgetful like me.
Here is the situation before with two of my AGM batteries installed.
And here is the space for the 3rd battery, but Thor mounted two pieces of equipment in the space, so they need to be moved. Each piece had two ears for bolting down, but Thor only bolted down one ear. Saving 2 cents of a bolt and 15 seconds. Sheesh!
The wiring to this controller was sloppy and just waiting for a problem to occur
So I zip tied the wires together and put inside a plastic loom cover.
Now I moved and mounted the controller up on the compartment right sidewall out of the way using pilot holes and self taping screws.
Same with the chassis/house batteries isolation contactor.
(Continued on Next Post)