Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2021, 03:00 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
I could not agree with you more. Jerry has been a huge help with all my stupid questions. I have made many mods based off of the advice from Jerry. Fixed things I would have never tried w/o Jerry’s support. My DW and I did get to have lunch with Jerry and his DW. We discovered that Jerry lived close to my daughter and son-in-law. Thanks for all your support Jerry!! Attachment 29117
Jeff hurry up and get out here again. Things are starting to open up so meeting at a restaurant is doable or Jerrys bbq and Pizza is always open

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:24 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
THOR #12125
When putting the new recliners in place of the couch, what did you do with the heater hose and vent that runs under the couch and vents out on the side of the couch behind the drivers seat?
Old 03-17-2021, 07:06 PM   #23

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #21314
I just cut the vent and closed it off. Didn't feel we needed any warm air at that end of the coach.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:44 PM   #24

Model: Challenger 36FD
State: New York
THOR #202
Very nice, we are looking at putting in a two seater recliner. How did you fasten the recliner to the slide floor? Did you add a extended platform then bolt it down or just bolt it to the slide floor. As I can see in your photo your slide is not deep enough as is mine.
Thanks.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:47 PM   #25

Model: Challenger 36FD
State: New York
THOR #202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
We did 3 upgrades recently. Ordered a recliner from shop 4 seats which took 5 months to get, but wasn't in a hurry anyway. They are wonderful as they fully recline and the ultra leather is so comfortable. On a plus side we had our windshield replaced so we just lifted the seats through without any problems trying to fit through the door. Next we went to Ikea in Phoenix and bought black out drapes. My wife cut them to length and hemmed them then made tie wraps to go around them with velcro. Really stopped the heat from coming from the cab. I made 3 brackets to hang the rod. We live in Tucson az. Then replaced the cheap foam in the engine cowling and installed dynamax. Quieted the cab noise.
Very nice, we are looking at putting in a two seater recliner. How did you fasten the recliner to the slide floor? Did you add a extended platform then bolt it down or just bolt it to the slide floor. As I can see in your photo your slide is not deep enough as is mine.
Thanks.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:50 PM   #26

State: Florida
THOR #12468
Would those seats fit through the door if you had to get them in and the old couch out?
Old 03-17-2021, 09:25 PM   #27

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Alabama
THOR #20803
Hello, what thickness and size of the dynamax did you use on the engine cowling?? Road trip planned Mon... PS nice job of the couch, looking to change out the dining area with just a nice reclining loveseat, buttt wife likes sitting there during trips watch and doing as I drive, lol....
Toad-undecided
Thor 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:03 AM   #28

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetPartTimer View Post
When putting the new recliners in place of the couch, what did you do with the heater hose and vent that runs under the couch and vents out on the side of the couch behind the drivers seat?
I bought a vent at home depot and screwed it to the back wall of tge slide pointing the cent toward tge living area

I did not have to extend the floor on tge slide. I bolted it down to the slide floor

When you remove the stock sofa it exposes the front of the slide which is not finished. I took 1x3 poplar to frame the front and color matched the cabinet and painted tge wood

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20180205_101057.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	29163Click image for larger version

Name:	20180209_120325.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	29164Click image for larger version

Name:	20180209_120319.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	29165
FMCA # F464385
Old 03-18-2021, 02:05 AM   #29

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspys02 View Post
Would those seats fit through the door if you had to get them in and the old couch out?
The new seats are in pieces and they fit through tge door easily. Once inside just need to attach the backs to the seat bottoms
FMCA # F464385
Old 03-18-2021, 02:12 AM   #30

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
We did 3 upgrades recently. Ordered a recliner from shop 4 seats which took 5 months to get, but wasn't in a hurry anyway. They are wonderful as they fully recline and the ultra leather is so comfortable. On a plus side we had our windshield replaced so we just lifted the seats through without any problems trying to fit through the door. Next we went to Ikea in Phoenix and bought black out drapes. My wife cut them to length and hemmed them then made tie wraps to go around them with velcro. Really stopped the heat from coming from the cab. I made 3 brackets to hang the rod. We live in Tucson az. Then replaced the cheap foam in the engine cowling and installed dynamax. Quieted the cab noise.
Wish I only did 3 up-grades!!! LOL, not really, I love improving my 2018 Windsport 29m. We converted our fridge to a 12v system from J.C. Refridgeration in Indiana and it's awesome! Also had ceremic window tint installed in all the windows to the tune of $1600 and it made a world of diff. Also replaced the 12v water pump with the Aqua-Jet variable speed 5.3 gal. pump, Sumo springs in the front and a RoadMaster anti-sway bar in the back and 4 Bilstien shocks last year. New king size mattress from Mattress Insider. re-cushioned the dinette seats, new curved shower curtain, Spare tire caddy and tire, Scan Guage, plus what you did, new electric recliners with massage and heat, added insulation in the dog house cover and put up a curtain that I secured with command hooks under the mattress in the drop down bunk. It does help doesn't it? Keeps the cool up front and the heat from coming back with less area to heat & cool. Just added a See Level tank monitor system for back up to the Thor system just to be more accurate in our tank status. It's addictive how much stuff you can find to do to your "Home on Wheels" ain't it?? Bob & Wendy Trice
Old 03-18-2021, 02:30 AM   #31

THOR #21314
I was lucky as the base came to the edge of the slide out with the 4.5 inches of clearance against the wall that is needed to fully recline. It's almost flat when reclined which is very nice. I was able to get some large screws to anchor the seats down. One word of caution is you need 26 in wide opening. You could remove the side of the recliner but it has a cable to release the seat to recline and didn't look to see how hard it would be to do. We lucked out as we had to get our windshield replaced so the seats easily fit through the opening. They are a little pricey but liked the material color and the faux leather shop4seats had, $1545.00. RecPro is the other rv company.
Old 03-18-2021, 02:48 AM   #32

THOR #21314
Wow, nice upgrades. We installed the roadmaster sway bar in the front and helped a lot. Also installed 4 Timbrems over each axle. The black out curtain made a huge difference with the heat. The guy I bought the coach from installed another 25gal water tank in the rear, giving us 75gal now. We have 2 solar panels on the roof which keep our batteries charged when boon docking. Lots of great information with this forum!
Old 03-18-2021, 02:53 AM   #33

THOR #21314
You did a great job. Maybe I should install the vent like you did and get some heat up front. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:26 PM   #34

Model: Thor ACE
State: Washington
THOR #12459
Where did you buy the Dynamac and did you install in your self or have it installed.
How was it fastened to the cover?
Please reply to: patkennedycpa@outlook.com
Thank you. Patrick Kennedy
Old 03-19-2021, 05:51 PM   #35

THOR #21314
I bought it on Amazon for $ 90. It was 36sq ft. This was the dynamat extreme. I installed it myself. It had a very sticky back which bond's well. You need to use a small roller to get good adhesion. I did have one sheet left over and another small piece. Set them in the sun or where it's warm as it will make it easier to install.
Made a difference.
Old 03-21-2021, 12:53 AM   #36

THOR #9553
Quote:
Wow, nice upgrades. We installed the roadmaster sway bar in the front and helped a lot. Also installed 4 Timbrems over each axle. The black out curtain made a huge difference with the heat. The guy I bought the coach from installed another 25gal water tank in the rear, giving us 75gal now. We have 2 solar panels on the roof which keep our batteries charged when boon docking. Lots of great information with this forum!
I'd like to know how you fill the extra water tank and where is it located?? Bob Trice
Old 03-21-2021, 12:56 AM   #37

THOR #9553
Quote:
I just cut the vent and closed it off. Didn't feel we needed any warm air at that end of the coach.
I'm surprised you didn't take them apart?? We carried ours in thru the door. They came apart and had ample room but our's were electric from Thomas-Payne
Old 03-21-2021, 01:40 AM   #38

THOR #21314
The extra tank is in the rear of the couch near the hitch. The guy we bought it from ran the fill line to the propane tank and mounted it there. I'm going to see how to upload a Pic to explain the piping.
The bottom red valve on the left is the water coming from the extra tank. The larger pvc pipe vertically is the main tank drain. The vertical red valve on the right is for the main tank. So you open the extra tank valve then close the main tank valve. Use up the water then reverse the order of the valves. The blue line goes to the pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210320_180836.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	29232  
Old 03-21-2021, 01:52 AM   #39

THOR #21314
The picture is oriented wrong turn 90 degrees clockwise