Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2021, 11:16 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
In case anyone is wondering. The console is separate from the seats. They all hook together once in place. The seat backs are separate from seat bottom. Very easy to handle. Fit in and out of door. We replaced a jackknife loveseat. Once I took it apart to get it out the door I wouldn’t even call it furniture. Here’s my real reason for posting. There is a 1” square steel tube that runs down the front edge of slide. It’s behind the rubber flap under the front of furniture. The furniture has a rail that runs the same way with 4 holes already in it. It’s accessible when reclined. I used a 90 degree dill adaptor and drilled holes into the 1” square steel rail in the slide. Screwed it down with self tapping stainless screws. The seatbelts are attached to the floor behind. The feed right thru the slot between seat and backs. Luckily in my unit I didn’t have any ductwork to deal with. At some point I’d like to add a 120v receptacle so I can plug the recliners in somewhere other than in the overhead cabinet. Wires are kind of unsightly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CDE99BA1-7BAD-4ECA-BB5E-3FF602ED7756.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	29235  

Old 03-21-2021, 11:27 AM   #42

THOR #17765
If you really want to block the heat. These are great. On another thread somebody really smart said instead of insulating against the sun heat once it’s already entered your coach, block it from coming in. I bought the windshield and side window covers on Amazon for $350. Sun guard request the year, make, color and model. They make them to custom fit your windows. They come with both color matched 3m stick on snaps. Or screw in snaps. Camped in Tenn over Labor Day 2020 in 95 degree sun. No shade. With one 13,500 AC unit I was actually able to get it below 80 in the unit during hottest part of day. Never able to do that before even after all the AC mods on this forum.
https://rvtoystore.com/?

RV Windshield Covers by Sunguard Shade Products
Old 03-23-2021, 04:22 AM   #43

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #21314
I just bought the matt from Costco and they fit perfect with a little trimming. Took it out for a test drive and my wife noticed a big difference and we can enjoy the radio again. Thanks for the great tip. And the color matched the interior another plus.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #44

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
If you really want to block the heat. These are great. On another thread somebody really smart said instead of insulating against the sun heat once it’s already entered your coach, block it from coming in. I bought the windshield and side window covers on Amazon for $350. Sun guard request the year, make, color and model. They make them to custom fit your windows. They come with both color matched 3m stick on snaps. Or screw in snaps. Camped in Tenn over Labor Day 2020 in 95 degree sun. No shade. With one 13,500 AC unit I was actually able to get it below 80 in the unit during hottest part of day. Never able to do that before even after all the AC mods on this forum.
https://rvtoystore.com/?

RV Windshield Covers by Sunguard Shade Products

Hi Jimbo56. What did you get from Amazon? Name or part number would help. I really like the Sun guard just not sure I have the skill set to install myself. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:27 AM   #45

THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
Hi Jimbo56. What did you get from Amazon? Name or part number would help. I really like the Sun guard just not sure I have the skill set to install myself. Thanks.
Sunguard Windshield Covers SG100 (Tan) Put this in Amazon search bar. They are not too difficult to install. But it is a 2 person job.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:16 PM   #46

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Sunguard Windshield Covers SG100 (Tan) Put this in Amazon search bar. They are not too difficult to install. But it is a 2 person job.

Thanks Jimbo!! I will let my DW know it’s not hard. I will get back to you with her response.

Tags
upgrades, windsport 29m