Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #1

State: Arizona
THOR #26273
La Mesa RV Phoenix BAD

I have had my Chateau 27R for 6 months now and have lots of good things to say about Thor and this product. Sure I have things to fix and some poor workmanship in some areas but overall very happy. But it is taking a lot of my time and energy to get things fixed. Not done yet.

La Mesa RV in Pheonix sold the unit to me and their sales and financial departments are great. But the Service department has a lot of issues. Especially when it comes to just keeping the customer informed on progress or where you are in the service queue. I do not recommend La Mesa RV Pheonix to anyone due to the poor service department. I still have issues and my second appointment is in May. The sense I get from La Mesa RV is once you drive off and they cash your check they are done with you.

Old 04-03-2022, 04:45 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Go anywhere else.
You are not bound to them.
Why is it gping in for work?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:20 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shappire View Post
But the Service department has a lot of issues. Especially when it comes to just keeping the customer informed on progress or where you are in the service queue.
Congrats on your new RV, seem like you did your PDI and overall satisfied with your purchase. Usually you hear dealers playing favorites to what they call honeymooners. But I never got past issues with a Thor Dealers Sales to even sniff their Service Dept but, to be honest, I am not surprised that the service of a Thor dealer may suck. But like you, I find Thor's Customer Service to be excellent. at least that was my experience with dealing with them almost 2 years trying to find a Coach.

But in your post, it may actually help for you to provide more specifics... i.e what are you expecting them to do that they are not doing? Do you want a call every day, every week every two week etc.? I have my RV at a non RV Mfg shop now and it has been there 5 weeks. I have spoken with them twice and I called both times. I ain't mad at them. It was 1st time in 2 1/2 years that I took it to a Non Dealer Shop.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:56 PM   #4

THOR #26273
My May appointment was delayed to late June (just before memorial day) by the “service” department. It is in now with a list of about 6 items. They want it for 3 weeks! We will see what gets fixed. The first 3 items on my list the service rep said “we don’t usually do that”. Items like the house battery will not hold a charge, the screws pulled out and one of my overhead storage doors is warped
Old 06-01-2022, 03:23 PM   #5

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
THOR #3610
Quote:
My May appointment was delayed to late June (just before memorial day) by the “service” department. It is in now with a list of about 6 items. They want it for 3 weeks! We will see what gets fixed. The first 3 items on my list the service rep said “we don’t usually do that”. Items like the house battery will not hold a charge, the screws pulled out and one of my overhead storage doors is warped
For at least the 1st year your dealer should fix every item you find or aren't able/willing to do yourself.
Rv dealers are not like car dealers, they are not obligated to do any work on any rv they did not sell, so finding another warranty service department may be an issue.
If by chance you could find another dealer willing to do warranty be prepared for your rig to always wind up at the end of the line behind those that they did sell.
There are mobil/independent repair services, some of which will do warranty work, but you'd be advised to have them approved by Thor &/or pay out if pocket & wait for reimbursement.
Whatever chassis you have can/should be covered at any dealer that sells that brand & has the capability to work on large vehicles.
One other bit of advice, don't go in there with guns ablazin' threatening a lawyer, all that will get you will be all work on your rv will cease until your lawyer & their 100s of lawyers can come to an agreement some time in the distant future.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 03:28 PM   #6

THOR #13932
Batteries are yours to own and have a warranty through the maker.
A screw is an unreasonable request.
Thor will ship you a door.

A warranty is like a grocery store coupon.
If it's convenient, use it.
If it is not convenient, do not inconvenience yourself with it.

Some people chase that warranty.
It costs them in convenience, stress and establishes the way other people perceive them as a person..

I have to ask, seriously:
Is the wait worth it all?
Why haven't you asked here for what might be a three minute fix?

List your problems.
We're really very good at helping...much better than we are at commiserating.

Old 06-01-2022, 05:12 PM   #7

Model: Wind sport 29M
State: Florida
THOR #24352
La Mesa RV Phoenix BAD

just like RV one in Dover Fl off I 4

Take the money and run...see ya later bye

2018 Thor wind sport 29M
2020 Hyundai Tuscon Toad
4 year old Basset hound
smitty1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 05:14 PM   #8

THOR #13058
Quote:
Glad you followed up.
I hope you are appreciating the advice.

Point I will emphasize is your list. You mention 3; so that is good start, but if it were me, I would make sure I send a letter to TMC documenting all issues identified, make a statement if any are resolved. Make a reference to ETA of items that you believe the Dealer is to repair. Callout if you believe something is under warranty but Dealer say is not.

At the same time, this forum has worked miracles for those who have asked. You came to the site for help, and like going to the Doctor, they can't help unless you tells what is ill and where.

Some of it is learning. When you ask questions, you will get answers, be prepared to accept what you learn. i.e. your battery not staying charged. Anyone that correctly diagnoses that knows it is time to get new batteries, but is some fly by person didn't know that it was not staying charged due to unknown draw you may be going in circles.

Note: You have one year of warranty with TMC, leave nothing to chance, take the time to document and send everything to them yourself.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 06-01-2022, 05:18 PM   #9

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty1020 View Post
just like RV one in Dover Fl off I 4

Take the money and run...see ya later bye

Or you can do what I did with La Mesa RV in Port St Lucie

I made sure all was well, then I gave them my money; and I ran I have never been back, and never needed to.

But I should clarify they have kept in contact with me. They call every so often. I did call La Meza RV in one of the Arizona locations before going to Florida for same coach. They had one but would never send me pictures I asked for o certain parts of the RV. Finally I got frustrated and pressed really hard and it turned out the specific RV I was seeking was in Albuquerque NM. Worse the Salesman wouldn't call that location because I believe had he had someone local take pictures he would have had to share commission. But then I learned of Port St. Lucie location and the rest was history. I hate dealerships in general but I crow about La Mesa in Port St Lucie Florida, because they were 100% professional about it all.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:35 PM   #10

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Batteries are yours to own and have a warranty through the maker.
A screw is an unreasonable request.
Thor will ship you a door.

A warranty is like a grocery store coupon.
If it's convenient, use it.
If it is not convenient, do not inconvenience yourself with it.

Some people chase that warranty.
It costs them in convenience, stress and establishes the way other people perceive them as a person..

I have to ask, seriously:
Is the wait worth it all?
Why haven't you asked here for what might be a three minute fix?

List your problems.
We're really very good at helping...much better than we are at commiserating.
I am gonna have to start me a new Ducktionary.

Tired of Googling

Commiserating - express or feel sympathy or pity; sympathize.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:54 PM   #11

THOR #13932
I dislike dictionaries for the most part as anything other than a glimpse of meaning.

Commiseration requires a target. It's not general sympathy.
It's empathy without much faith or understanding.
A lot of
Pobrecito, I know, I know...life is hard for you...I know

Old 06-02-2022, 04:49 AM   #12

State: Washington
THOR #6433
A lot of dealers are like this. Fix what you can like Duckface said and move on. During the ownership of your coach you are going to have a lot of screws back out. Get use to replacing them. Most batteries are only warrantied for 3 years now so if it’s just the battery that came with the coach wouldn’t surprise me if it’s crapped out already. Enjoy your coach the most you can and don’t sweat the small stuff.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:50 AM   #13

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
My assumption is that your unit was new 6 months ago.

1. A screw came out. Replace it yourself. If you’re not handy with a screwdriver you probably ought to stick with hotels.

2. Like Duck said, take a picture of the warped cabinet door , send it to Thor, they’ll send you a new door. Once again, you need a screwdriver.

3. Batteries won’t stay charged. My question is, how do you store your unit? Do you plug it into shorepower? If so, the batteries are bad. Take them out and go to the dealer for new replacements under warranty. Requires use of a wrench. If not stored with shore power, do you set the use/store switch to store? And even if you do that, they will drain down in a couple of weeks. We probably need more details.

Now, what are the other 3 problems? Once you get the door from Thor, the first 3 would take about an hour to fix. Or you can let it sit at a dealer for 3 more weeks and miss more enjoyment using your unit.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:51 AM   #14

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I am gonna have to start me a new Ducktionary.

Tired of Googling

Commiserating - express or feel sympathy or pity; sympathize.
At least he didn’t abbreviate! A
Old 06-02-2022, 12:50 PM   #15

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
At least he didn’t abbreviate! A

A lot of Pobrecito, I know, I know. My life has become more complicated because now I learn that even googling regular dictionaries is not going to help me keep up with the damn Duck short of brevity glimpses.

I was just trying to keep the OP engaged long enough to understand that he is actually getting good help and advice. Some posters misread. The truth can sometimes hurt and in some cases, some simply can't handle the truth, or do not wish to hear it.