Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 11:15 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #31699
Absolutely.

Old 01-26-2024, 12:32 PM   #42

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
It is part of my camping gear only I practice with it as much as possible and it is always with me.

Paul
Old 02-05-2024, 06:56 PM   #43

State: California
THOR #30690
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
shot guns are not a problem anywhere. Might make a mess of the RV. I travel in places that we have both. The right tool for the right situation and remember never shot a large caliber criminal with a small caliber round.
One might also add, Don'tfire large caliber rounds (or small ones) unless you regularly practice with your firearm and know you can actually hit what you aim at
Old 02-05-2024, 07:12 PM   #44

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
As the greatest Marine Corps instructor stated: the felon must learn to fear their victims only then will violent crime be reduced.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
Old 02-05-2024, 07:36 PM   #45

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
According to his research, a person charging toward you with a knife or other sharp-edged instrument can travel 21 feet in the time it would take you to recognize that there is a threat, draw your firearm, and fire two shots

This tactical approach was developed by law enforcement to help them respond swiftly and safely against violent attacks. This powerful rule of self-defense can be applied anytime an assailant or aggressor is within 21 feet of you, giving you valuable time to prepare for any potential danger that may be coming your way.
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Old 02-05-2024, 07:50 PM   #46

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
According to his research, a person charging toward you with a knife or other sharp-edged instrument can travel 21 feet in the time it would take you to recognize that there is a threat, draw your firearm, and fire two shots

This tactical approach was developed by law enforcement to help them respond swiftly and safely against violent attacks. This powerful rule of self-defense can be applied anytime an assailant or aggressor is within 21 feet of you, giving you valuable time to prepare for any potential danger that may be coming your way.
And that is why LE deploy lethal force when that range is closed. We practice room clearing and other combat range shoots. Also why I contort carry ACP 45. Like me Shrot, fat, and slow but very effective.
Old 02-05-2024, 08:06 PM   #47

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
And that is why LE deploy lethal force when that range is closed. We practice room clearing and other combat range shoots. Also why I contort carry ACP 45. Like me Shrot, fat, and slow but very effective.
I was not aware of these..thx

The ammo is a unique variation of the hollow point bullet design. As the name suggests, hollow points lack a distinct tip. Instead, they have a hollowed-out area in the center. The Hydra Shok takes that concept one step further, adding a post to the center of the hollow point.
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 02-05-2024, 08:57 PM   #48

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I don’t need good aim with my Mossberg 88!
Old 02-06-2024, 03:11 AM   #49

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I don’t need good aim with my Mossberg 88!
I want one!

MAVERICK® 88®
MAVERICK 88 – ALL-PURPOSE
$262.00
SELECT UP TO 3 MODELS TO COMPARE COMPARE UP TO 2 MODELS
CANCEL
COMPARE
CLOSE
You have no items to compare.
Maverick 88: the utility player of pump-action shotguns. Affordable and reliable, these diverse models are equally up to task, from combing through the woods to handling home security duty.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:56 PM   #50
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
From the community rules.

Discussions, statements and images that are political in nature or that reference general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY area of the forum. Discussions about politics, religion, weaponry and gun rights are likely to be closed or removed; we are an RV forum.

Thread Closed
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
Closed Thread