Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2020, 09:36 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
I found it!

... or did you mean the 7th?
....Like I really care what that rag of a magazine thinks about our country or president....We have so many Europeans that move to this country and then talk about how much better their previous location was....

Soon to be Ex-Californian
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:40 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
....Like I really care what that rag of a magazine thinks about our country or president....We have so many Europeans that move to this country and then talk about how much better their previous location was....
If they want to go home: I'll help them pack...
Old 11-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #23

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
If they want to go home: I'll help them pack...
Said every Arizonan who has heard a California transplant say 'well, in California we...'
To which many of us reply:
'look, it has nothing with you being a woman or a potato or a poodle. It has to do with the wind doing 70mph, this being a 90 pound door, me being much bigger than you, me knowing how to jam the side of my foot against it... and I'll hold the damn door open for you if I want to.'
You can insert your own absolutely ridiculous cultural differential story and map boundary and imported person and probably tell as many stories as I. It's not just out of country, sometimes it's just out of the neighborhood, town, county, state, region.

Proof that everyone loves their past, whether they love it or not.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:48 PM   #24

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
My granddad was a man of wisdom...a simple farmer with life lessons as his teachings. He told me as a young boy that the 3 quickest ways to lose a friend are to discuss politics, discuss religion or loan them money.

My dad...a similar man of wisdoms told me not to use 2 words - always and never, they will get you in trouble.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:11 PM   #25

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12 View Post
My granddad was a man of wisdom...a simple farmer with life lessons as his teachings. He told me as a young boy that the 3 quickest ways to lose a friend are to discuss politics, discuss religion or loan them money.

My dad...a similar man of wisdoms told me not to use 2 words - always and never, they will get you in trouble.
We have the oddest parties here. 12 to 50 people, usually five gatherings a year and another five attended at other homes, but smaller, usually 7 to 15. Been doing this since 1999ish.
I've never heard any of them talking real politics or real religion or even about past education levels. I can't begin to know where or if any of them went to school. We have cardio vascular surgeon, judge, a couple of retired detectives, a spook or two, cfo, another cfo, ceo electrician, framer, haul truck driver, hotel maid, retired o5... $500,000 a month and $900 a month all at the same parties/movie. I'm not sure anyone has considered who's who at them.
Favors flow easily between us all.

I find it odd how some people can't interact without:
My episiotomy hurts
My God said to tell you
I'd have a job if the president/mayor wasn't a baboon

(we do get a bit of the butthurt 'doctor said' but it comes with the age of the group.)
And
Fairly, we'll all hold hands and say grace if someone so much as hints at it. Hard core folk on both sides of that aisle, yet never swung as a weapon....
We see it as a kind of
Mental hug
For someone maybe needing a mental hug enough....

There are so many other interesting things to talk about.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:39 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Ducky,
They sound like really great parties!
Old 11-03-2020, 10:46 PM   #27

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Ducky,
They sound like really great parties!
They are.
I always play this before the movie.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-m8d3cl1UorUA3

Old 11-03-2020, 10:46 PM   #28

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
As my kids became of age and as the grandkids did i encouraged them to be aware of what they were voting for

Should they get in the booth and not feel educated on an amendment or proposition i encouraged them to leave it blank

There is no doubt we have a serious problem in our country regarding education and information

Given that is fact, Bob is absolutely right that people need to be part of the process

We are living in a time when about 1/2 the population pays federal tax and the same group that don't, pay less of the other taxes as well

We need to try to vote for leaders that want to bake more pies, not slice the existing ones thinner
Old 11-03-2020, 11:25 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
They are.
I always play this before the movie.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-m8d3cl1UorUA3
"Uptown Funk"...
Old 11-03-2020, 11:55 PM   #30

Model: Four Winds 35SK
THOR #14346
I feel sorry for those who cant have a Holiday meal because of political views. That is awful.. Fortunately, all of my family on my side and wife's has the same views about this great country! Always a pleasure to be around them.

They understand that our boys who were charging Normandy Beach, with a 10 percent chance of survival, were a different breed, than the current "sheep" wearing a mask and cowering behind a piece of plexiglass, with a 99 percent chance of survival.

Lets make the best of it.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:33 AM   #31

Model: 35SF
State: Michigan
THOR #18186
We voted tonight and was amazed at in our little country area we were in line for hour.
This isnt anything compared to others Im sure but normally the same every year we walk in and out in 10 minutes.
My daughter stated a few weeks ago she wasnt going to vote because she was sick of it.
Told her its not an option its a duty to everyone who gave everything for this ability.
She and her brother voted today. Im happy and proud.
Dont care who they gave their nod to.
Thats not my place.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:35 AM   #32

THOR #13932
Some of us run toward unexpected gunfire, some of us run from it.
But I think we all can agree:
Weak men make for hard times.

Old 11-04-2020, 12:36 AM   #33

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
We were able to vote in person early. The process was easy. We didn't want to chance mailing it in or dropping it off at a ballot box. This was too important of a decision to leave it to chance or error. Informed voting is the only way to voice your opinion.

Paul
Old 11-04-2020, 01:16 AM   #34
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS Cruisign View Post
I feel sorry for those who cant have a Holiday meal because of political views. That is awful.. Fortunately, all of my family on my side and wife's has the same views about this great country! Always a pleasure to be around them...
...Lets make the best of it.
Our family is deeply divided; but we don't let it get in the way.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:24 AM   #35

Model: 25.2 Axis
THOR #3471
Sorry to say looks like it’s over
Old 11-04-2020, 01:55 AM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
The polls are still open, and votes are still being counted...
Old 11-04-2020, 03:01 AM   #37
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Just Incase, good to know your rights.
Sure, pass on that Internet rumor. Making it viral doesn't make it a law. There are laws that you have to follow to become a registered voter in every state. There is no law that says that if you did not follow the laws to become a registered voter in a particular state that you are required to be given a provisional ballot.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 04:02 AM   #38

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
No. Not quite.

Soon to be Ex-Californian
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #39

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I'm just happy that the media and pollsters might finally get put in their place regardless of who wins.

All the self-proclaimed "experts" kept saying that Biden was up by as much as 10% across the country and even more in some states. They kept saying there would be massive change because most of the country was against the current administration.

As we sit here at 6:00AM EST the popular vote is separated by 1.5% and there isn't going to be a "blue" wave with all branches of the government going to one party.

Whether you like the current administration or not..... the theme of "fake news" over the past four years is closer to the truth than what gets spewed by most of the "experts" in the media..... whether TV, Print or Social media.

Personally, I would vote for the people (regardless of party affiliation) who push and implement term limits AND age limits at all levels of government.

Serving in the government was never intended to be a cushy 40-year career position with great perks. There should be a two-term limit at all levels. That would help mitigate the people who are idiots and vote for the same person just because they recognize a name from over the past 20 years and don't actually research what a candidate stands for and how they vote on issues.

We should also not have anyone in their 80's making critical decisions at any government position (including the Supreme Court). Airline pilots have to retire at 65 because they have 120 people's lives in their hands every day and by age 65 their decision making, reaction time, etc. have diminished and is not what it was even at 55. Our government leaders have over 300 million lives in their hands every day. Maybe it should be 65.... maybe it is 70... I don't know.... but I do know that I don't want men and women 80+ years old making decisions that will impact my life every day.

Finally.... I am so tired of celebrities and prominent people over the past four plus years saying they will leave the country if their candidate is not elected. All I can say is if it so bad here in the USA, leave now if there are other countries so much better than ours.

If people think this country is so terrible, go somewhere else if you think it is so much better. Over the past 200+ years many people have come to the USA because their home country was terrible and the chance for a better life was here in the USA..... but hey..... what do all of those people from over the years know?
Old 11-04-2020, 12:14 PM   #40

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I'm just happy that the media and pollsters might finally get put in their place regardless of who wins.

All the self-proclaimed "experts" kept saying that Biden was up by as much as 10% across the country and even more in some states. They kept saying there would be massive change because most of the country was against the current administration.

As we sit here at 6:00AM EST the popular vote is separated by 1.5% and there isn't going to be a "blue" wave with all branches of the government going to one party.

Whether you like the current administration or not..... the theme of "fake news" over the past four years is closer to the truth than what gets spewed by most of the "experts" in the media..... whether TV, Print or Social media.

Personally, I would vote for the people (regardless of party affiliation) who push and implement term limits AND age limits at all levels of government.

Serving in the government was never intended to be a cushy 40-year career position with great perks. There should be a two-term limit at all levels. That would help mitigate the people who are idiots and vote for the same person just because they recognize a name from over the past 20 years and don't actually research what a candidate stands for and how they vote on issues.

We should also not have anyone in their 80's making critical decisions at any government position (including the Supreme Court). Airline pilots have to retire at 65 because they have 120 people's lives in their hands every day and by age 65 their decision making, reaction time, etc. have diminished and is not what it was even at 55. Our government leaders have over 300 million lives in their hands every day. Maybe it should be 65.... maybe it is 70... I don't know.... but I do know that I don't want men and women 80+ years old making decisions that will impact my life every day.

Finally.... I am so tired of celebrities and prominent people over the past four plus years saying they will leave the country if their candidate is not elected. All I can say is if it so bad here in the USA, leave now if there are other countries so much better than ours.

If people think this country is so terrible, go somewhere else if you think it is so much better. Over the past 200+ years many people have come to the USA because their home country was terrible and the chance for a better life was here in the USA..... but hey..... what do all of those people from over the years know?
Man did you ever nail it

Going to copy and paste elsewhere