Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2020, 12:33 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I got a chuckle this morning when I heard an analyst on one of the financial programs I watch in the mornings say:

"Michael Bloomberg poured lighter fluid on $100 million in Florida and watched it burn yesterday trying to get Florida to be a blue state. Wouldn't that money have been better spent for COVID or Cancer Research?"

That is another thing I will add to my wish list of Term Limits and Age Limits..... seriously tightened limits on campaign spending. The amount of money being spent on elections is obscene. Not to mention most of the information in political ads is inaccurate (regardless of party). The spending on these ads is also something being used to sway the idiots in the country who are too lazy to do their own research on candidates so they vote based on the garage they hear and see in these ads.

Spending billions of dollars on these political campaigns is the definition of insanity. Maybe if they tightened the contribution and spending limits, candidates would be forced to do a better job with their campaigns and ads.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:23 PM   #42

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I got a chuckle this morning when I heard an analyst on one of the financial programs I watch in the mornings say:

"Michael Bloomberg poured lighter fluid on $100 million in Florida and watched it burn yesterday trying to get Florida to be a blue state. Wouldn't that money have been better spent for COVID or Cancer Research?"

That is another thing I will add to my wish list of Term Limits and Age Limits..... seriously tightened limits on campaign spending. The amount of money being spent on elections is obscene. Not to mention most of the information in political ads is inaccurate (regardless of party). The spending on these ads is also something being used to sway the idiots in the country who are too lazy to do their own research on candidates so they vote based on the garage they hear and see in these ads.

Spending billions of dollars on these political campaigns is the definition of insanity. Maybe if they tightened the contribution and spending limits, candidates would be forced to do a better job with their campaigns and ads.
Judge,
You nailed it with your comments. I keep telling people here in CA that they should not pay attention to the headlines in the advertisements, especially with the propositions and that they should see who is paying for the ad. Look up the political action committee and see where the money is coming from. It always comes back to self interest and making more money.

Soon to be Ex-Californian
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:33 PM   #43

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
Well stated sir. I am all for term limits and line item veto on bills. These officials need to be accountable to people.

I cannot make any winter precipitiation comments or I will get scolded but I thought we could at least trust this system.

Now I have doubts.
Old 11-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #44
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
I'm just happy that the media and pollsters might finally get put in their place regardless of who wins.

All the self-proclaimed "experts" kept saying that Biden was up by as much as 10% across the country and even more in some states. They kept saying there would be massive change because most of the country was against the current administration.

As we sit here at 6:00AM EST the popular vote is separated by 1.5% and there isn't going to be a "blue" wave with all branches of the government going to one party.

Whether you like the current administration or not..... the theme of "fake news" over the past four years is closer to the truth than what gets spewed by most of the "experts" in the media..... whether TV, Print or Social media.

Personally, I would vote for the people (regardless of party affiliation) who push and implement term limits AND age limits at all levels of government.

Serving in the government was never intended to be a cushy 40-year career position with great perks. There should be a two-term limit at all levels. That would help mitigate the people who are idiots and vote for the same person just because they recognize a name from over the past 20 years and don't actually research what a candidate stands for and how they vote on issues.

We should also not have anyone in their 80's making critical decisions at any government position (including the Supreme Court). Airline pilots have to retire at 65 because they have 120 people's lives in their hands every day and by age 65 their decision making, reaction time, etc. have diminished and is not what it was even at 55. Our government leaders have over 300 million lives in their hands every day. Maybe it should be 65.... maybe it is 70... I don't know.... but I do know that I don't want men and women 80+ years old making decisions that will impact my life every day.

Finally.... I am so tired of celebrities and prominent people over the past four plus years saying they will leave the country if their candidate is not elected. All I can say is if it so bad here in the USA, leave now if there are other countries so much better than ours.

If people think this country is so terrible, go somewhere else if you think it is so much better. Over the past 200+ years many people have come to the USA because their home country was terrible and the chance for a better life was here in the USA..... but hey..... what do all of those people from over the years know?

X100!
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 06:31 PM   #45

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
All I am allowed to say without being booted again is..I am very disappointed in the accuracy of the vote counts...something smells in several states..
As someone said years ago..."It is not who You vote for....It is Who Counts those votes that determine the winners"
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #46
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
The folks running those polls were obviously ex-meteorologists.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:06 PM   #47

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
How hard can it be to count??
odin, dva, tri....
Old 11-04-2020, 07:27 PM   #48
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
How hard can it be to count??
odin, dva, tri....
It's soooooo easy to count properly filled out ballots.

It's difficult to get people to follow simple directions.

Examples of issues with simple "fill the oval" type ballots:

Oval is checked
Oval is "X"ed
Oval is dotted
Oval is circled

Ovals for two or more candidates are filled in
No Oval is filled in
An Oval for a candidate and an Oval for the Write-In is filled in

The Write-in Oval is filled in and in the Write-in area is written:
Jose Rbiden

This is just the beginning of what Canvassing Boards go through every election. Hanging Chads ain't got nothing on Citizens too stupid to vote.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:08 PM   #49

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

Oval is checked
Oval is "X"ed
Oval is dotted
Oval is circled

No Oval is filled in

Jose Rbiden

This is just the beginning of what Canvassing Boards go through every election. Hanging Chads ain't got nothing on Citizens too stupid to vote.
Ain't that the truth..... it's a sad state of affairs that we have more than just a few people like this in the country.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:18 AM   #50
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Nobody ever went broke by over-estimating the ignorance of the American public.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:25 AM   #51

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Our family is deeply divided; but we don't let it get in the way.
Same here. Had a very nice conversation with my sister earlier today, and we're on opposite ends of the political spectrum.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:47 AM   #52
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
It can be tough; but we always try to find common ground...
In our case: we all think that Andrew Cuomo is an idiot.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:16 AM   #53

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
It can be tough; but we always try to find common ground...
In our case: we all think that Andrew Cuomo is an idiot.
Same but opposite kind of thing with us. We both think Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine is great.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:21 AM   #54

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
I guess the one thing that should be an obvious awakening to us all is, why would anyone spend millions of dollars to win a House Seat that pays $175,000 a year and you are only guaranteed the job for two years? Stinks of high corruption to me! And on top of that they have the gall to call themselves Public Servants!!
Old 11-05-2020, 01:45 AM   #55
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Public WHAT?!?
Old 11-05-2020, 01:46 AM   #56

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
I'm just happy that the media and pollsters might finally get put in their place regardless of who wins.

All the self-proclaimed "experts" kept saying that Biden was up by as much as 10% across the country and even more in some states. They kept saying there would be massive change because most of the country was against the current administration.

As we sit here at 6:00AM EST the popular vote is separated by 1.5% and there isn't going to be a "blue" wave with all branches of the government going to one party.

Whether you like the current administration or not..... the theme of "fake news" over the past four years is closer to the truth than what gets spewed by most of the "experts" in the media..... whether TV, Print or Social media.

Personally, I would vote for the people (regardless of party affiliation) who push and implement term limits AND age limits at all levels of government.

Serving in the government was never intended to be a cushy 40-year career position with great perks. There should be a two-term limit at all levels. That would help mitigate the people who are idiots and vote for the same person just because they recognize a name from over the past 20 years and don't actually research what a candidate stands for and how they vote on issues.

We should also not have anyone in their 80's making critical decisions at any government position (including the Supreme Court). Airline pilots have to retire at 65 because they have 120 people's lives in their hands every day and by age 65 their decision making, reaction time, etc. have diminished and is not what it was even at 55. Our government leaders have over 300 million lives in their hands every day. Maybe it should be 65.... maybe it is 70... I don't know.... but I do know that I don't want men and women 80+ years old making decisions that will impact my life every day.

Finally.... I am so tired of celebrities and prominent people over the past four plus years saying they will leave the country if their candidate is not elected. All I can say is if it so bad here in the USA, leave now if there are other countries so much better than ours.

If people think this country is so terrible, go somewhere else if you think it is so much better. Over the past 200+ years many people have come to the USA because their home country was terrible and the chance for a better life was here in the USA..... but hey..... what do all of those people from over the years know?
As he drops the mich.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:53 AM   #57

THOR #12189
Quote:

What of they were just plain forced to do a better job at their job?

You work to keep your place in line everyday in corporate America. If you didn't, someone was right there to fill the slot. Maybe politicians, regardless of affiliation, should be held to the same standard: Put up or shut up, and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:56 AM   #58

THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

Oval is checked
Oval is "X"ed
Oval is dotted
Oval is circled

No Oval is filled in

Jose Rbiden

Though no laughing matter...
Old 11-05-2020, 01:59 AM   #59

THOR #12189
Quote:
Public WHAT?!?
You heard the man. You know, the term they applied to themselves before everything would up in a doo doo pile in Washington.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:52 AM   #60

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
All I am allowed to say without being booted again is..I am very disappointed in the accuracy of the vote counts...something smells in several states..
As someone said years ago..."It is not who You vote for....It is Who Counts those votes that determine the winners"
That was Joseph Stalin