Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2021, 02:53 PM   #501

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ign=2021-01-07

I've posted this for our member, Chance.
European/German
No slide
Winnebago
Super low miles
No warranty worries.
Very unique.
Easy parts availability.
Close-knit owners group
Highly desired.

Seems perfect.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:11 PM   #502

THOR #13932
A cautionary tale.

My dad died yesterday.
Not sudden, but expected.
No condolences needed, but I respect you for the thought.

My sister whom I haven't allowed near us for the last 40years(by us I mean our clan, who in turn understood the same and the speculative 'why' of it all) happened to be in Vegas at the time.
We messed up, invited her over despite the kids and husband she abandoned 35 years ago being there...(we never abandoned him while he raised those kids, nor after. This is what clan is. He's at the deathbed of man who hasn't been his father in law for 40 years)
Everyone sucked it up, saying it was 40 years ago, dad said she's doing fine, while we don't really know, dad would have protected us if it was warranted. it's her dad too, yadda yadda.

She refused to speak with anyone screamed like the lady on the Simpsons who throws cats, stole my dad's wallet, stole my uncles car(stolen, gone forever, unfindable in another state type stole), took my dad's morphine(and in what I think must have been pure evil, didn't give him any. We and hospice nurse found him writhing in pain) , she was there a few hours before us(she pulled the wool right over an experienced hospice nurses eyes with 'I've done this before as a side job).
Did not ask about her grandkids, didn't acknowledge how two of her boys are married to doctors and what the boys might be doing or how they're doing, made my other sister cry uncontrollably.
Honest to God on highest, I went back(in my head) to old movies from reefer madness to Carnival of Souls, to every movie about awful people I could think of and I couldn't begin to composite my sister from any of them. I have never ever met anyone in the whole damn world like that.
Me:'Jody, if you don't want to sit with the people you know, come on out on the back porch, I'll sit cross legged on the floor with you, while kathy, whom we both don't know, tells us funny stories about your grandma kate'
Her Answer 'why in the hell would give a give a shit about stories about some old dead woman'
Me: so you can earn a spot in the family or clan or both with just a smile and few head nods.
Her: I don't want you here, he's my dad, I'll be back when all the cars are gone.(HERE is the uncles house. He hadn't seen her in 45 years when she was 12)

We're going over to inventory my 85 year old uncles(not REALLY an uncle and almost no contact in 50 years and he's not REALLY my dad, he's a very loved step-dad) home to see what else is missing. I couldn't run her off because the uncle whom I don't know didn't want the cops and conflict.
I'm going to try to talk Kathy (I've had smile and a nod contact once since 1973 when she was 6)into letting me pay for the missing car so Kathy can buy her dad a replacement.

No death certificates for a while so no way for me to close accounts.
Car was in my dads name(uncle never transferred it) all she has to say is
'he told me I could drive it'.

Just a one-sided tale, nothing more.
Please live vicariously through this one.
She has been out of prison for about ten years. Dad lied to us every day about what she was.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:39 PM   #503

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
My dad died yesterday.
Not sudden, but expected.
No condolences needed, but I respect you for the thought.

My sister whom I haven't allowed near us for the last 40years(by us I mean our clan, who in turn understood the same and the speculative 'why' of it all) happened to be in Vegas at the time.
We messed up, invited her over despite the kids she abandoned 35 years ago being there..
Everyone sucked it up, saying it was 40 years ago, dad said she's doing fine, while we don't really know, dad would have protected us if it was warranted. it's her dad too, yadda yadda.

She refused to speak with anyone screamed like the lady on the Simpsons who throws cats, stole my dad's wallet, stole my uncles car, took my dad's meds, she was there a few hours before us(she pulled the wool right over an experienced hospice nurses eyes with 'I've done this before as a side job). We're going over to inventory my 85 year old uncles(not REALLY an uncle and almost no contact in 50 years and he's not REALLY my dad, he's a very loved step-dad) home to see what else is missing. I couldn't run her off because the uncle whom I don't know didn't want the cops and conflict.

No death certificates for a while so no way for me to close accounts.
Car was in my dads name(uncle never transferred it) all she has to say is
'he told me I could drive it'.

Just a tale, nothing more.
Please live vicariously through this one.

“Family!!” Good luck, condolences (anyway!) and hope all your life issues settle soon and you can go camping in your favorite quiet place and do your favorite thing. All the best.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:46 AM   #504

Model: Vegas
State: Texas
THOR #10201
Prayers

Prayers for you and yours. Family dynamics are a strange thing and they get even stranger when a death occurs.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:47 AM   #505

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Prayers and wishing the best for your family Ducksface
Old 01-09-2021, 06:49 AM   #506

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Wow Bill what story. Drugs are a terrible thing and have ruined many families Try to keep your spirits up. My best to you and Nadine
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #507

THOR #13932
Thanks.
We're fine.
It really wasn't a thing.
We have found out since, after an analysis and a semi-confession from the old uncle:
He knew who and what she was when she showed up and was giving her a chance to see how she acted when the family got there. As it progressed and I'm hugging her and talking in a low voice(I have whisper and shout as my only moderation and it comes and goes kinda on its own unless I lower it an octave.) the old guy was a step ahead of me at every step.
He knew in a minute that I couldn't normalize her for a day let alone bring her back to societal norm.

When we left my other sister there overnight night to keep a nonconfrontational eye on everything, harold got the car ready, checked the tires, put the bug in the crazy sister's ear about how that car was still in my dad's name and had a full tank of fuel. He said someone had moved the keys from where they normally are and if she finds keys looking like avalon keys, to hang them right on that hook.
We showed up an hour early or she'd have been gone and no one would have known about her and the car at all.
Sly guy knew exactly what was up.
Played the sad old guy card and we all fell for it. We were all so worried about him being stressed... And he had our back the whole time. All he needed was the time to make sure the path it was a going and then he took a clean shot....

My spousal unit, who somewhere in this became some sort of hacker ninja, said
'watch this shit and do Not speak until I'm done'
busted into two laptops, two phones, a savings account, a checking account and a credit card, stopped access to all, then transferred all notices and alerts to her phone. (can you POSSIBLY believe that BofA is closed on Friday Saturday and Sunday?)
The Kathy I spoke of came over to her dad's last night(we stayed an extra day so we could have her and the uncle with us under destressed circumstance) she let us buy the car without any fight or simulated argument of 'oh, you don't have to do that'
Then she said
'oh, I just tell everyone I'm an insurance clerk so I don't have to talk about work'
Opened her laptop, pushed some buttons, verrrryyyy rapidly and used some after hours password she just happened to know, accessed something, and transferred all the car paperwork to my sister's name.

So Monday morning some dmv clerk in Nevada will find a transfer and process it to a C/O address and my sisters name.
Then they'll find the drivers license cancelation request(no one does that but it exists) and process that.

All is well.
There was $500, one now dead credit card and a driver's license in the stolen wallet and she landed an old, but pristine Avalon my dad paid $2,000 for.

Big punchline :
I'm the executor and that dumb and addled sister just did about a 10:1 trade for that Avalon.
I'll open a seperate savings account at the bank, stash that cash, and maybe she'll find her way back to polite society and need a hand.
Same parameters as the last 40 years, two years w2 and one clean drug test.
Chance taken, hearts re-broken, fears re-realized, 35 year old men reduced to 4 and 5 year olds again, vulnerabilities we swore we'd never have again, put on a silver platter and handed to the reason for the suppression, and now, and sadly and mournfully, rechinked and reloaded and newly painted.

We are not a vulnerable bunch. The death of dad thing wasn't much of a thing.
Man, this sister thing has once again poisoned an entire well of kith and kin.

It wasn't any of us who failed this week, but we a sure as hell felt it was us.

Anyway:
Dads dead.
On the back of the instruction wrote in big letters
'hey Billy! I'll bet you a
Dog turd to a doughnut I'm having a better time than you are right now!

And
I'm going to call the good sister from dad's phone tomorrow.
It'll take her a split second to figure out its me, her knees will have gone weak, she'll have turned pale, she might even pee a little.
Then she'll immediately be laughing so hard she'll hardly be able to say it but she'll answer by saying:
'adult potty training services,' Billy just isn't getting it' department... You f'ing dick.' And then I'll pee a bit, but from laughing.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:47 PM   #508

THOR #13932
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uLK4lUbSPXxNlv

This link is kind of the ultimate
'Shut up about our ignorant battery choice, this will cure ignorance'
Video.

Believe it, or don't, but there is NEVER a reason to speculate about batteries again.

Please consider linking this to any newborn question about 6v or agm replacements

Old 01-11-2021, 06:31 PM   #509
MLP

THOR #17478
Quote:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uLK4lUbSPXxNlv

This link is kind of the ultimate
Shut up about our ignorant battery choice, this will cure ignorance
Video.

Believe it, or don't, but there is NEVER a reason to speculate about batteries again.

Please consider linking this to any newborn question about 6v or agm replacements
Just to let you know that this link does not work as many do not. Now, if you quote for a response, you can copy the entire link and paste it into your browser to get there.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:53 PM   #510

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
A change to lithium batteries also shuld include the cost of a new charger with a lithium charge profile and a DC to DC battery interconnect manager (BIM).

PS The link works fine using Windows
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:55 PM   #511

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 36RSB3
State: Florida
THOR #17449
Worked for me. I watched it a few days ago. Good test,does that mean lithium is for everyone probably not. But they make since for now I plan on using my rig when we go full time this summer
Old 01-11-2021, 07:43 PM   #512

THOR #13932
The video knocked me once and for all into the lithium camp.
Lead for starting, circuits, lithium for extended use circuits.

Easy.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:43 PM   #513

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
It’s an interesting link but didn’t convince me. Clearly a “better” product but I’m perfectly satisfied with two 12V flooded batteries. They have been meeting my needs for years and at $160 for a set of two I can replace them every three years if I choose and it’ll take me 15 years to match the cost of one lithium battery. I’ll be happy to switch when the cost comes down by 50% or so.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:06 PM   #514

THOR #13932
ZERO degrees Fahrenheit today in Arizona.
Yeah!

Old 01-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #515

THOR #13932
Permanent/elegant oil change solution.

Someone asked yesterday about the miserable battery placement and oil fill on an axis/VEGAS.

The pictures are the solution I came up with.
It is on back burner because I don't need to save by doing my own oil changes.
I have assembled this kit, bought the fancy oil plug and the spill proof filter remover.

When I move the battery to the front passenger bin I'll go ahead and do this oil change thingy.

The odd clear part is the lower half of the funnel of which I show the packaging.
That part replaces the oil fill cap on the engine and locks on exactly the same as Ford original equipment cap.

The pipe is stainless steel radiator hose. It comes with very fancy inserts to,adapt,to,the clear piece and the filler head.

Drill a hole under the passenger mirror, install that locking water cap, and you can fill oil from outside the vehicle without even opening the hood.

All of this came from Amazon (except the idea)

Aside;
I LOVE my garage pvc interlocking, no glue, floor.
https://www.google.com/amp/a/s/www.g...Jwc-5fN9e4ktkA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0113211423~01.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	28040   Click image for larger version

Name:	0113211423a.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	28041  

Name:	0113211423c~01.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	28042   Click image for larger version

Name:	0113211429~01.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	28043  

Old 01-14-2021, 01:33 AM   #516

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Someone asked yesterday about the miserable battery placement and oil fill on an axis/VEGAS.

The pictures are the solution I came up with.

It is on back burner because I don't need to save by doing my own oil changes.

I have assembled this kit, bought the fancy oil plug and the spill proof filter remover.

When I move the battery to the front passenger bin I'll go ahead and do this oil change thingy.

The odd clear part is the lower half of the funnel of which I show the packaging.

That part replaces the oil fill cap on the engine and locks on exactly the same as Ford original equipment cap.

The pipe is stainless steel radiator hose. It comes with very fancy inserts to,adapt,to,the clear piece and the filler head.

Drill a hole under the passenger mirror, install that locking water cap, and you can fill oil from outside the vehicle without even opening the hood.

All of this came from Amazon (except the idea)

Aside;

I LOVE my garage pvc interlocking, no glue, floor.

https://www.google.com/amp/a/s/www.g...Jwc-5fN9e4ktkA
For some reason I thought you already did the oil mod. Hmmm maybe someone else

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:00 AM   #517

THOR #13932
Projects usually don't go as planned.
Today's simple spraypainting turned into
Wire brush
Grind
Crack found.
Dig welder out by moving 8 concrete bags my helper stacked in the way.
Fifty feet of big fat angry 100amp extension cord with a memory like an elephant.(cant weld on the new pvc floor.)
Grinding
Mig nozzle repair.
Bright sun backlight splashing in the helmet had me welding blind. I hate welding helmets.
Weld
Bird crap looking welds on thin tubing.
Grinding
Roll up cord which is like 3d arm-wrestling due to memory.
All-in-all, 3 hours.

No paint today.

I took it better than usual.
It's nice having tools and material and abilities(except for the bird poop welds, they sure dont look like ability.)

Paint tomorrow.
Grill guard on the zr2, touch up paint is all I wanted to do.

I'm sure tomorrow's simple project will become
Many monkeys, with me as the only football...again.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:42 PM   #518

THOR #13932
My gator stole my remote Battery cutoff from the rv.
I ordered a 10w solar panel for thr gator. No diodes. The new solar panel spent the night running the battery to ZERO. I sent it back to Amazon. So while I was swapping batteries I did the disconnect kit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IV...b_b_asin_image

I'll have to order another for the 24.1
It took me about an hour to simplify the wiring diagram.
Now you push a button and it disconnects EVERYTHING.
push it again it reconnects.
Absolutely isolated.

When I modify things I try to use all 1/4-20 bolts.
I used them on this project.
The pictures are;
My 1/4-20 box with about everything I need. Taps,dies, #7 and 1/4 drill bits, every wrench and socket I have found for 7/16th, knobs, bolts,nuts from plain to fancy....

A picture of a nut needing placed in a spot I could touch with only a finger. It did not beat me. Tape wrapped around it and my finger.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0117211629~01.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	28089   Click image for larger version

Name:	0117211610~01.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	28090  

Old 01-22-2021, 07:51 PM   #519

THOR #13932
Macerator hose swivel

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07V5...b_b_asin_image
(Scan down the linked page and find this part for $12 used. Used usually means 'box torn in the warehouse'. My 'used' one was in an abused box, unopened.)

I highly suggest one of these as your Macerator to discharge hose connection.
You've seen one a bazillion times at gas stations on the pump nozzle hose so you can be sure it won't leak under the light use of a Macerator.

If you do this, feel inside for burrs.
It took me about three minutes with a burr bit/hogger/rotary rasp to 'port and polish' the inside so no paper gets caught during discharge.

With this part I can now turn the hose backwards(360° continuous, no stops) on itself and store the hose without a kink.

This is the hose I settled on after many purchases and choices.
Smooth on the inside and wire wrapped on the outside. I stood on it and it didn't crush. Very flexible in the cold, super flexible when in sun or heat.
I think it was $11 at home depot.
Look how tightly it coils. Thats a 'no pressure coil' I could easily tighten it to half that size. It has almost no memory so it tries to lay straight.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0122211241.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	28175   Click image for larger version

Name:	0122211240b.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	28176  

Name:	0122211240a.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	28177   Click image for larger version

Name:	0122211251.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	28178  

Name:	0122211306.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	28179   Click image for larger version

Name:	0122211306a.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	28180  

Old 01-23-2021, 09:12 PM   #520

THOR #13932
I received a pm request for dimensions on a split door 24.1 bathroom.
If you have the single door or a curtain the dimensions might not be correct.
Basically its two same sized doors on piano hinges.
Magnets hold it open and hold it closed and there's a piece of 90° angle trim which hides the seam when closed.
My new phone seems stymied by where and how to save to sd card so I tried some collages which save without reason...to exactly where they should....

Further info and pics available but probably to No avail since its just two same sized doors with piano hinges.

The collage with just two pictures turned out a bit wonky.
It is a view of the doors closed from the bedroom and the other is the closed view from the kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	210123_140403_COLLAGE-1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	28200   Click image for larger version

Name:	210123_140341_COLLAGE-1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	28201  

Name:	210123_140254_COLLAGE-1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	28202