Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2019, 02:54 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
SuperD,
I totally agree. The folks at the VA have been my heros for the past 3 years. But I know I am fortunate to have a great VA clinic and hospital near me. As you said, not all are equal. But, it's no different than the civilian medical services... good ones and bad ones. I thank you and your wife for being a part of the service that has taken care of me and my brothers & sisters that served. I returned from my last combat deployment (#14) one year prior to my retirement, with injuries that still require on-going surgeries. I can't say enough about the great care the VA folks have provided me. Most of them are vets too.

SG,
I love your interest and sensitivity to the spirit of history, especially of those who served before us. I experience the same feelings when we travel in the RV to Alabama. As a Mvscoke Indian (Creek), I can sense my ancestral warriors who served this great country long before "European Discovery". You write your words well, descriptive of what you feel.
Safe travels and hope to meet you and Radar in a FamCamp someday.
I'm glad you found some of the VA Heroes, they're out there! You know, maybe if the good were recognized more often, the bad ones would square themselves away - exposing their bad deeds hasn't helped much. Maybe more recognition for the good ones would be more motivating. Our husband & wife team (truly heroic to Both serve the vets all those years!) woulda been a great positive story to highlight!

Hey, my former husband & drill sgt (no kiddin, nobody tol me the joke 'bout marryin your drill till after I did it, lol!), is a Choctaw. As for me & Radar, we'll keep a lookout for you at the fam camps. Hard to miss Radar. He's a great dog & loves this new life too. What's not for him to like? Everywhere we go he's pampered & made a fuss over. He gets way too many treats when I put him on the free command so folks can interact w/him. Click image for larger version

Name:	44231981_10218593256650936_5767137250181644288_o.jpeg
Views:	156
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	15909

Old 03-02-2019, 03:03 AM   #22

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Now THAT'S a good lookin group. Easy to tell who runs things...even with a leash on his neck.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:07 AM   #23

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Now THAT'S a good lookin group. Easy to tell who runs things...even with a leash on his neck.
Tell em they are getting a chance to see all of America free. They better enjoy it cause later on ... then they will have to pay for the trip. Let's em learn how to live at the basic level.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:09 AM   #24

THOR #13770
Quote:
Thanks! Unfortunately (for Radar), the park required it, so even on free he couldn't romp as much as I would have liked. He's very well trained & certainly doesn't need to be on leash to do his job. But he still managed to have fun that day, even on a short leash
Old 03-02-2019, 03:15 AM   #25

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post
Thanks! Unfortunately (for Radar), the park required it, so even on free he couldn't romp as much as I would have liked. He's very well trained & certainly doesn't need to be on leash to do his job. But he still managed to have fun that day, even on a short leash
BOLO! BOLO! Be on the look out for an escaped Dacshund! She has been known to chase cats, wabbits and sometimes other dogs. Approach mitt caushion. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180817_095052.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	15910
Old 03-02-2019, 03:20 AM   #26

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
BOLO! BOLO! Be on the look out for an escaped Dacshund! She has been known to chase cats, wabbits and sometimes other dogs. Approach mitt caushion. Attachment 15910
I once had 2 Dachshunds. Was told they were good hunting dogs. I could only get them to chase their tails.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:45 AM   #27

THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
PTSD, acronym for “please take some drugs”!!! No thank you!!!

I’m a Marine veteran who has worked for the VA, (my wife worked for the VA too because of me and her two brothers) they are not all created equally, and some have people who actually care!
I've met some of y'all - the few, the proud, & the overworked heroes of VA, even at the worse hospitals. Sure wish they were all full of the heroes like y'all & that the bad (or maybe simply overworked & jaded), were the exceptions. Thanks so much. Semper Fi, Marine!
Old 03-02-2019, 03:47 AM   #28

THOR #13770
Quote:
Yeah, my father was in one for awhile. I guess (?) he got treated ok, I don't know. I needed a 2nd opinion for spine surgery and I got "I can't find the problem. You're going to have to live with the pain" (Guess he didn't know I could read the MRI and diagnosis too and I had surgery somewhere else 6 weeks later). Over the years I got better and better at reading the new documentation, the CFR and being denied every time even after the spine surgeries, that I realized I didn't have to go there if I needed anything. George just Lucky I guess.
I hear you, been there, got the tshirt (literally), that says, "I survived the VA", lol!
Old 03-02-2019, 03:52 AM   #29

THOR #13770
Quote:
BOLO! BOLO! Be on the look out for an escaped Dacshund! She has been known to chase cats, wabbits and sometimes other dogs. Approach mitt caushion. Attachment 15910
LMAO!!! Awesome pix & great lookin Dachsund. We had a black one who jus showed up one day on our farm who thought he was one of our huntin labs. The black labs were Pete & Tilly, we named the dacshund, Repeat!
Old 03-02-2019, 03:54 AM   #30

THOR #8432
Quote:
I've met some of y'all - the few, the proud, & the overworked heroes of VA, even at the worse hospitals. Sure wish they were all full of the heroes like y'all & that the bad (or maybe simply overworked & jaded), were the exceptions. Thanks so much. Semper Fi, Marine!
Yeah, I used to write claims for veterans. Tried to work on mine too till I gave up both for awhile. It's kinda hard to go to the VA when I can get the care I need in addition to better food there. Overseas I learned about the ICD which everyone uses except the ratings examiners, and there in is a big problem. Some places have great care but when I needed it ... it wasn't there. Oh yeah, shame on me but I stole a menu from Stanford medical. It is heaven, just don't look at the bill you got to pay.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:58 AM   #31

THOR #8432
Quote:
LMAO!!! Awesome pix & great lookin Dachsund. We had a black one who jus showed up one day on our farm who thought he was one of our huntin labs. The black labs were Pete & Tilly, we named the dacshund, Repeat!
Yeah, got that outfit and when we had to put her in the kennels for her nails, it was, "Dacshund, Dacshund walking!"
Old 03-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #32

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
Wonderfully written. I love to read something that makes vivid pictures come into my mind, and you did just that!
Old 03-04-2019, 02:41 AM   #33

THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark4Jesus View Post
Wonderfully written. I love to read something that makes vivid pictures come into my mind, and you did just that!
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the kind words. I like vivid images too, & wish I was better at the "craft" of writing (as my 86 yr old mother would call it & who published her 1st novel last year - in French for some bloody reason), so that I could express my thoughts & ideas (& imaginations), better. My mother who is a retired English teacher, God help me, still corrects my speech & would be quick to point out my poor grammar, syntax, & use of slang (that she insists on calling "colloquialisms"!). I'm glad you liked it!