Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2018, 01:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Eastern ARC

Looking at Dish and it seems all of them work on the Western arc. Only the Pathway X2 has both the western and eastern arc. I'm traveling more on the east coast than west. The issue I have it the X2 doesn't roof mount.

Any experience with the western arc use on the east coast? I see alot of rigs with the the playmaker, X1 - not sure of how good it works though.

thanks in advance.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:46 AM   #2

THOR #12830
Any issues with coverage? Anyone? Using western arc on the east coast?
Old 09-27-2018, 02:09 AM   #3

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
We've had our King Tailgater (the new one) on Dish for about 3 years. Been all over the US (lower 48) to include north woods of Maine to Key West. No problem, worked fine.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:46 AM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
no difference, it works everwhere
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:49 AM   #5

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
According to King you may not get one of the three satellites on the East coast (129). Also read where the Wally works better on East coast but that might just be to boost sales.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:34 PM   #6

THOR #12830
its interesting that there aren't many choices for rooftop eastern satellites though. thanks everyone. Its gotta be rooftop and as turn key as possible.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:48 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
It is tough to get further northeast than upper portions of Maine. We had absolutely no problems with the King Tailgater roof mounted on our coach recieving sat signals. Also tough to get more southeast than Key West. No problems there either. These are not theoretical suppositions, they are our personal experiences.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #8

State: Alaska
THOR #13410
I got the Pathway 2x and it works great. With that I have the option to get Western and eastern. I live in Mass. I can't get all the Western satellites which means I can't get some channels and some of the ones I would get only come in as SD not HD. Needless to say if you want to get all that is available on the east coast, you need to get a dish that can receive eastern satellites. Just recently I did see they came out with a pro model that receives Eastern and Western and can be roof mounted.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:53 AM   #9

THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mheller310 View Post
I got the Pathway 2x and it works great. With that I have the option to get Western and eastern. I live in Mass. I can't get all the Western satellites which means I can't get some channels and some of the ones I would get only come in as SD not HD. Needless to say if you want to get all that is available on the east coast, you need to get a dish that can receive eastern satellites. Just recently I did see they came out with a pro model that receives Eastern and Western and can be roof mounted.
Yes a nice system but you can’t leave it on the roof. Although it has a mount. Debris etc would collect between the plate and the enclosure. As seen and discussed with the pathway rep at Majors RV.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:14 AM   #10

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #3109
FWIW--just finished with a trip thru IN/NY/PA/VT/NH/ME/MA/MD and back to TX. Using the Traveler Sk=1000 Dish, roof mount. Succeeded almost every time getting 110/119/129 if trees did not cover signal. Never went to eastern arc LNBs. Was told this would not work but we managed to get everything we needed, just some were not HD.
Sat monitor said it had all 3 sats, but 129 usually would not lock in.
If I were on the east side most of the time, would definitely set it up for eastern.
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote