When we were moving back to Florida and looking for a house, we stayed in a campground several times during our house hunting trips. We used a local pet sitter, who came recommended by someone we knew. Well, it didn't go well. After the first night, during the next afternoon, we got a panic call from the sitter. Your dog swallowed a needle point needle. The sitter didn't know what to do. We told her to get him to an emergency vet hospital. We raced back from some 65 miles away.
When we got to the vet, the pet sitter just delivered the dog and left. The vet xrayed the dog from nose to tale and didn't find anything metallic. No needle was found. It cost us $275 for the vet bill. We went and got our other dog from this sitter. Later next day the sitter found the needle in the carpet next to where the dog was laying at the time of the incident. We asked them to pay us for the vet bill, they refused.
So for us, the dogs are always with us. If we need a sitter for any reason it will be at a vet's office.
Making a smooth transition to senility for over 70 years
2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad