Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2020, 02:06 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Thor Freedom Traveler 27A or Jayco 26X

As like most of us with an RV we are always looking at possibly improving or upgrading our coach. We are really happy with the size of our smaller Class A Thor 27.2 and the features, but I have two hang ups with the coach however. 1) I don't like the placement of the toilet on the opposite side of the coach from the black tank and 2) Having the hot water heater, sink and stove with the associated piping and drains on the slide wall having to "flex" when the slide comes in and out. I know that this design is prevalent throughout the industry but I personally feel a bit more confident without worrying about plumbing and gas piping having to be able to move with the slide.
We have two units that we think may fill the bill for us. 1) is the Jayco Alante 26X and the other is the Thor Freedom Traveler 27A. Both have all the kitchen plumbing and gas lines on a solid wall and the bathroom sits above the black and gray tanks. Looked through the Thor 27A, (if you can call the push-me pull-you trip through one at an RV show) and have scheduled a looky-loo through the Jayco on Friday at the local dealer. The Jayco has a few nicer touches than the Thor but essentially they are one and the same as Thor now owns Jayco. Anybody on the forums have any experience with either of these two coaches?

Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote