Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
This is looking great! From the input I am counting 10 Thors. Does anybody have an exact count? How many attended on the last rallies?

Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:40 PM   #22
Max

State: Florida
THOR #6984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Let's rally again! Back by popular demand, after a great time last April and again in October.

April 13-15, two nights at Cloverleaf Forest RV Resort in Brooksville, FL. The park has paved pads, an outdoor pool with a Jacuzzi, an indoor pool, and a driving range! The rally rate will be $44.80/night and can be used up to 2 days before and 2 days after.

Do not call the park direct, instead call rally coordinator Kelsey Nelson at 877-350-7619 to make your reservation. She will take a deposit of one night. Please send me a message when you reserve, so I can track the number of rigs.

But wait, it gets better! Cloverleaf Forest is an Encore and a Passport America park. If you have a membership in PA, your rate will be $28/night! Passport, Encore, or rally rate, make your reservation through Kelsey at the number above.

There is no planned entertainment and no registration fee, but there will be plenty of time to get acquainted and visit with your fellow Thor owners. Plan to join us!
Hi, this would be our first Thor rally. Does this rally also give you an opportunity to more about your Thor? We just bought it last year and haven't used it on long trips yet. Went to Key West. Anyway, would love to meet people and also learn more about our ACE 30.1 and RB'ong in general. And the plus is meeting new people! Is this kind of what the really is about? Also learn about interesting trips to take!!
Thanks for any info. I just saw this so, I hope I'm not too late to register. [emoji4]
Old 02-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #23

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi, this would be our first Thor rally. Does this rally also give you an opportunity to more about your Thor? We just bought it last year and haven't used it on long trips yet. Went to Key West. Anyway, would love to meet people and also learn more about our ACE 30.1 and RB'ong in general. And the plus is meeting new people! Is this kind of what the really is about? Also learn about interesting trips to take!!
Thanks for any info. I just saw this so, I hope I'm not too late to register.

Welcome, you can reserve right up to the day you arrive, so no worries! This is a mini-rally, no entertainment, no catering, no entry fee! What we do have is a bunch of really friendly folks who love talking about their rigs and their travels.

If you have been to a Good Sam or similar rally, you need to lower your expectations! We will coordinate evening meals and do a campfire if the facilities allow, or if someone brings a portable one again. (Pssst, Jerry?) I am working on getting a surprise guest, stay tuned....

Can't guarantee an ACE 30.1, but you will likely see some similar rigs. And of course, many of the components are common to most of us.

It will be a great event for anyone just starting out, and grizzled old veterans, too. Join us! Here's the thread: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28...lly-10408.html
Old 02-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #24
Max

THOR #6984
Thank you!! Haven't been to any rally. Called Kelsey today and left message. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm excited just to get with other RV'ers. I'll stay tuned and look at the thread![emoji4]
Old 02-09-2018, 11:24 PM   #25
Max

THOR #6984
Hi Mr. Sunshine, I just booked with Kelsey. We will be there the April 13-17th. Looking forward to it and meeting folks!
Old 02-11-2018, 11:48 PM   #26

THOR #1589
Quote:
Hi Mr. Sunshine, I just booked with Kelsey. We will be there the April 13-17th. Looking forward to it and meeting folks!

Welcome, Max! You'll meet some great folks.

At last check, we had 11 rigs. Expecting more by rally time. Yes, all are welcome, even non-Thor. Those "just looking" are welcome, too. We have had folks drop in and join us for a meal, without staying overnight. It's all good!

Yes, it can be a PITA getting through to Kelsey. Keep leaving her messages, she will eventually get back to you. I believe she works through the weekend and takes Monday and Tuesday off.

We had about 7 units for our first two gatherings, and 15 last fall. Most of the group will be there Friday afternoon through Sunday lunch, some will come early and some will stay longer. Everyone will have good time!
Old 02-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #27

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #6389
Sunshine Spring Rally count us in.

Add another Thor Vegas to the spring Rally.
Made our reservations on Friday.
Really looking forward to meeting some of you folks.

Phyllis & John Cowher
2015 Vegas 24.1
Old 02-12-2018, 11:59 PM   #28

THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcrc View Post
Add another Thor Vegas to the spring Rally. Made our reservations on Friday. Really looking forward to meeting some of you folks...

We'll try hard not to disappoint!
Old 02-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #29

Model: Magellan
THOR #6001
Just booked 4 nights, arriving Thursday the 12th and leaving on Monday.

I joined Passport America for the $28 a night. This one trip more than paid for joining.
bruce1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #30
Max

THOR #6984
Oh, what advantages are with Passport America and how much? We are members of Good Sam Club. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2018, 08:35 PM   #31
Max

THOR #6984
Quote:

We'll try hard not to disappoint!
I appreciate all your information and we are easy to please!!
Old 02-15-2018, 10:27 PM   #32

Model: Magellan
THOR #6001
Quote:
Oh, what advantages are with Passport America and how much? We are members of Good Sam Club. Thanks!
I'm a new member to PA (passport America) and not yet aware of all their benefits other than the 50% off on campgrounds that subscribe to PA. For me the $44 for a years membership saved me $67.20 for this 4 night stay. All participating campgrounds have different lengths of days for discount and some time frames. Check PA out HERE
bruce1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:34 AM   #33

THOR #1589
Bruce, looking forward to seeing you both at Cloverleaf Forest in Brooksville. We're going to have a nice group.

I will start a new Passport Amer thread. That discussion deserves it's own conversation.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:13 PM   #34

THOR #4816
Mr. Sunshine, count me in for a daytime visit on Saturday. Unfortunately, the Thor get together occurs at the same time I have hard-to-get reservations at a campground about 100 miles from Brooksville. I plan to drive over on Saturday and spend a few hours with the Thor folks. I look forward to meeting everyone and hope there will be Vegas/Axis 24.1 units there with recliners in place of couch. My plan is to replace the couch with recliners, but sure would like to see some before making the commitment. I am particularly interested in Thomas Payne Heritage collection or RecPro, but am open to anything that works. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:20 AM   #35

THOR #1589
Welcome, Carol! At last count, we have 14 Thor rigs coming. I am not aware of anyone with replacement recliners, but some may appear. Suggest you do a search of past posts, and if you don't see what you are looking for, start a new thread asking for photos.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:19 AM   #36

THOR #4816
Thanks, Mr. Sunshine. I think I've read every post and seen every photo of recliners on the Forum. I've also researched recliners in general until I've ODed on recliner websites. Being a "shorty," I'd really like to try one out just to see if it is comfortable. Regardless, it will be fun to meet fellow Thor owners.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:47 PM   #37

THOR #1589
Heads Up! We've got a lot of new members on the forum and some may not be aware of our little gathering in Brooksville, FL on April 13-15.

We have about 15 units registered so far, and plenty of room for more. Follow this thread back to the top for registration info.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #38
Max

THOR #6984
Quote:
Heads Up! We've got a lot of new members on the forum and some may not be aware of our little gathering in Brooksville, FL on April 13-15.

We have about 15 units registered so far, and plenty of room for more. Follow this thread back to the top for registration info.
Can't wait to meet other RV folks. Looking forward to It! It will be our first!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:03 PM   #39

State: Georgia
THOR #6090
Update

Mr Sunshine , the mini rally is just around the corner Any updates? Can you provide info as to any activities you are planning. This is our first rally so don’t know what to expect.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:39 AM   #40

THOR #1589
Best keep your expectations low! I am working on a surprise or two, but all that is still being worked out. Remember, we promised no fee, and no entertainment.

We'll do a potluck style meal together Friday evening. Happy hour to start at 4, or sooner, dinner at 6. It will be "Bring your own everything, and enough to share" style. They have a place indoors for us if it is rainy or chilly, otherwise we'll be around one of the RVs.

Saturday's discussion topics will revolve around RV modifications and repairs. We'll be looking for volunteers to show their rigs when we are together Friday night. We'll work out Saturday night's menu then, too. In the past, we have sent someone out for BBQ and the fixins for the group, or we could order pizzas delivered. Breakfasts and lunches are on your own.

There is no plan for Thursday, or for Sunday. Some are coming early, some staying late, maybe some doing both. Some are just joining us for a few hours, without their RV.. If there is interest, and enough vehicles, we may tour a nearby mansion on Friday, with lunch before or after.

There will be a whole lot of visiting, guaranteed. One of our friends is bringing a portable campfire, just in case we need it.

It's not too late to make a reservation and join us! There is still plenty of room, Cloverleaf Forest RV Resort in Brooksville, April 13-15. Check my post back at the top of this thread for reservation instructions.

Anything more than that may or may not happen. As I said, keep your expectations low.