Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor RV Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2016, 02:07 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
With the conversion, can any of the parts from the Aussie be used?

2019 Fleetwood Southwind 37F
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat toad
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:21 AM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
With the conversion, can any of the parts from the Aussie be used?
I believe you could use the male end of the quick connect and of course the hose. Since I had to buy the 1/8 x 1/4 female adapter I went ahead and bought the male end of the quick connect as well. Parts, not counting grill and grill accessories, were under 25.00. I went with the Q2200 for the larger cooking surface and higher temperature rating. I will keep the Weber regulator just in case I trade in the coach for something different and want to covert the Q back over to portable bottles.

Here is the final parts list for the conversion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is what I bought for the grill itself

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-6415-2-...92VEE128CFW5Q3

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-5406000...92VEE128CFW5Q3
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #23
Site Team

THOR #1469
Weber Q in action

Staying at Chantilly Festival Farm in Floyd, VA for a week and put the Weber Q to use.

The smoke is complements of a stainless smoker box on the gas tube.

Grilled a pork tenderloin and the temp stayed at 350 on medium for the 45 minute cook.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	2911
FMCA - F432054
Old 09-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #24
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Sounds great... Did you save any for us?
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:11 PM   #25
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Sounds great... Did you save any for us?
Had plenty. The leftovers become the main ingredient in a pork tenderloin salad today. Add to it some greens and tomatoes we got from one of the local farms.

Was going to do that yesterday but we wound up having lunch at a craft brewery that made some dynamite chili and their beer selection allowed me to re-stock the outdoor fridge for the week, or May be a day or two at least.
FMCA - F432054
Old 10-15-2016, 11:54 AM   #26

State: Alabama
THOR #4919
I had the dealer install a quick disconnect on our Siesta 24SR, prior to picking it up. I use the Weber Q hooked to the quick disconnect. Originally, I modified the Weber Q to use on our old Jayco 5th wheel, that we traded in. All that had to be done on the Weber Q was to remove the regulator and hose to the LP tank. Then add a male quick connect coupling to the opposite end of a new BBQ hose.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #27
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinek.steve View Post
I had the dealer install a quick disconnect on our Siesta 24SR, prior to picking it up. I use the Weber Q hooked to the quick disconnect. Originally, I modified the Weber Q to use on our old Jayco 5th wheel, that we traded in. All that had to be done on the Weber Q was to remove the regulator and hose to the LP tank. Then add a male quick connect coupling to the opposite end of a new BBQ hose.
Which model Q? The 2200 and below have the regulator attached to the grill itself (control valve) and do not have a hose end regulator. Although the 3200 has a hose end regulator and is dual burner it come on a stationary cart and is not necessarily portable, other than the cart having 2 wheels so it rolls around.

An "out of the box" Q 2200 has to be modified using the fittings I listed in the previous post.
FMCA - F432054
Old 10-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #28

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Staying at Chantilly Festival Farm in Floyd, VA for a week and put the Weber Q to use.

The smoke is complements of a stainless smoker box on the gas tube.

Grilled a pork tenderloin and the temp stayed at 350 on medium for the 45 minute cook.

Attachment 2911
Dave,-,

That looks like a great hook up, a great kitchen set up and yum the cooking!!! Hope you are having fun--we keep learning so much from you here!
And everyone on this forum is so helpful and WAY advanced as far as experienced geeking and tweaking their rigs!!! think we will try the LP conversion soon now too!
Old 10-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #29
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowRun View Post
Dave,-,

That looks like a great hook up, a great kitchen set up and yum the cooking!!! Hope you are having fun--we keep learning so much from you here!
And everyone on this forum is so helpful and WAY advanced as far as experienced geeking and tweaking their rigs!!! think we will try the LP conversion soon now too!
Thanks. Only issue I have found is a drastic lack of use. Hope to rectify that situation in a couple of weeks by hitting the road again.
FMCA - F432054
Old 10-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #30

THOR #4919
Thumbs up

I have a 2013 Q220. Here are my mods to it. You could bypass the quick connect on the Control and plumb the hose directly into it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	3174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Regulator.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	3175  

Old 10-15-2016, 01:32 PM   #31
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
I have a 2013 Q220. Here are my mods to it. You could bypass the quick connect on the Control and plumb the hose directly into it.
Looks like the same destination but different route. Also, since 2013 Weber may have changed the way they did the connection for the regulator. They did, after all, change the model numbers from 100, 200 and 300 series to 1000, 2000 and 3000 series. I know on my Genesis at home they went from burners running side to side to the newer ones having the burners running from front to rear. Weber will make changes every couple of years.

Bottom line, in my opinion, whichever way the conversion is done it is well worth the time and effort. The Weber Q is hands down far superior to the grill that came with the outdoor kitchen on my coach.
FMCA - F432054
Old 10-17-2016, 09:43 PM   #32

THOR #4919
Interestingly, the Sprinter Forum has had a current discussion going on the same topic. That being the conversion to a quick connect for a RV.

Apparently, there is now a kit you can get from Weber to accomplish this task. If you are interested, here is a link. Note that it indicates that all the following models are covered : The Converta-Q kit will convert the following WEBER® Q® portable grill models: 100, 120, 1000, 1200, 200, 220, 2000, 2200.

Weber Q RV Quick Connect Kit - propanegear

I did check weber and the part numbers for the regulator on the older and newer models is different. Also, the newer ones are cheaper. But I suspect that is only because they cost reduced them, in that some of the fittings appear to be aluminum instead of brass.

Anyway, here is a link to the discussion thread on the Sprinter Forum : Using house propane tank for portable bbq - Page 4 - Sprinter-Forum
Old 10-20-2016, 12:51 AM   #33
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Interestingly, the Sprinter Forum has had a current discussion going on the same topic. That being the conversion to a quick connect for a RV.

Apparently, there is now a kit you can get from Weber to accomplish this task. If you are interested, here is a link. Note that it indicates that all the following models are covered : The Converta-Q kit will convert the following WEBER® Q® portable grill models: 100, 120, 1000, 1200, 200, 220, 2000, 2200.

Weber Q RV Quick Connect Kit - propanegear

I did check weber and the part numbers for the regulator on the older and newer models is different. Also, the newer ones are cheaper. But I suspect that is only because they cost reduced them, in that some of the fittings appear to be aluminum instead of brass.

Anyway, here is a link to the discussion thread on the Sprinter Forum : Using house propane tank for portable bbq - Page 4 - Sprinter-Forum
I looked at that kit before I did my conversion. All I needed were the fittings to connect the male end of the quick connect to the Weber. I did not need any hoses because I already had them for the grill that came with the coach. 50.00 for that kit is extremely expensive. Also, that kit is not made or sold by Weber. It is made by Torjik and sold by Propane Gear. The kit is not available from Amazon or any other online retailer that I found.
FMCA - F432054
Old 08-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #34

Model: Vegas 27.7
THOR #16745
Thanks EA37TS for this link. Hubby will do this today if the storms hold off and I will try it in the driveway for dinner tomorrow if all goes well and he has all the parts needed.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Good luck! What's for Supper tomorrow night?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:43 PM   #36

Model: Vegas 27.7
THOR #16745
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Good luck! What's for Supper tomorrow night?

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp skewers...yummmmmm grilled veggie and potato foil pockets. This NC weather is crazy but this Ret. SGM I live with has had me in the worst weather so I adapt easily and will grill in the rain and snow. And with the huge awning, I should be good anyway. If there is thunder then forget about it
Old 08-06-2020, 08:10 PM   #37

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
When researching a hook up for my Weber Go Anywhere Gas Grill I did find ones that would fit the the Weber Q but were around $125 CAD but would not fit mine or my Coleman Propane Camp Stove. I bought a 5 pound propane tank and a T connector so I can run the BBQ and the stove at the same time. The tank is small enough to fit in the compartment and I do not have to carry many of the expensive green propane bottles, a tank fill up is at most $5.00
Coveman2
Old 08-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #38

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
Mine is the original Weber Baby Q. I’ve had it in RV’s now for probably 15 to 16 years. When I got the MH last year I found out I needed to remove the regulator. So I went to a local Suburban Propane store, told the guy what I was doing, and got the 2 fittings I needed for $7. 12 ft hose from Amazon. Took me all of 15 minutes to do. Works great. And if you haven’t figured it out yet, you can turn your Q into a convection roasting oven with an aluminum cookie sheet and roasting rack. Works great.