Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #41
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
This is what happened to me. I went thru the same thing. Then realized that .... You have to be logged in to the Mobley WiFi... ON the device you are trying to access the portal on. I was trying to access the portal on a laptop while on Comcast DSL Nothing.. Logged on 2 Mobley wi fi...bingo it was there..i hope this helped..Good luck. Rev. From Fort Wilderness Campground.

Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:08 PM   #42
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Probably should have updated...
Got the Mobley... $20/month data... AT&T refunded activation fee when I called them after receiving my bill (as they said they would)... I bought the unit outright - so no contract or 'required upgrade' later.

Set to not turn off with no issue (happened to use a laptop - so didn't get the mobile version described in previous post... just dumb luck...)
From what I can tell - the device uses voltage fluctuations to determine if the car is running or not... It has no access to the OBD2 pins other than power and ground - so it is not getting any other signals from the OBD2 port... There appears to be no standard in the auto industry as to whether the OBD2 port remains powered when vehicle is off - in my cases (GM, Ford, Jeep) they do... but yours may be different. Of course power is required to stay on in addition to the setting on the device

Picked up a female OBD2 pigtail from ebay and connected pins 4 (ground) and 16 (12v) to a power socket...
Picked up a USB to 12v adapter also from ebay... USB to 12v power plug.
Grabbed a spare 'brick' transformer from my shop that outputs 12v DC and had matching power plug...
Grabbed one of the many high power AC to USB adapters floating around house...

Can now run the Mobley from any of my vehicles OBD2 connections, plugged into A/C (via brick), powered by 12v battery (direct feed to power socket), or from a 2A USB source (via USB to 12v adapter).

So far been working great.. Used on one RV trip to Fort Wilderness... grandson had internet in the car for his ride home... and using it in my detached shop which has been 'internet challenged' due to the distance from house and construction materials...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #43

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
Mobily offer still there

A friend had ordered the Mobily on the last day and the order was messed up. well, he went back to the website and the offer was still there after the 16th. So if you waited and think you missed it. give it another look.

Mine came overnight with the new software load on it and it worked right away.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #44

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
Wanted to bring this topic back up and ask a question. We have a Mobley and after using it for a couple of months to make sure all was good we cancelled the WIFI service we had that was $80 a month and just use the Mobley. Once we decided to do this I wanted to purchase a second Mobley as a backup in case the one we have went bad, but of course they are out of stock everywhere. So my question is does anyone know of a AT&T Hotspot device that the Mobley sim card could be installed in that would work if the Mobley goes down? I would have to think there would be some device the card would work with.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:36 PM   #45

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11 View Post
Wanted to bring this topic back up and ask a question. We have a Mobley and after using it for a couple of months to make sure all was good we cancelled the WIFI service we had that was $80 a month and just use the Mobley. Once we decided to do this I wanted to purchase a second Mobley as a backup in case the one we have went bad, but of course they are out of stock everywhere. So my question is does anyone know of a AT&T Hotspot device that the Mobley sim card could be installed in that would work if the Mobley goes down? I would have to think there would be some device the card would work with.
Read this thread, Mobley vs. Jetpack - Page 3 - Internet Access on the Road - Escapees Discussion Forum
I bought 3 of them when I found them. Just sold one on eBay and was thinking like you as to keep one as a back up.

Tags
at&t, mobley, unlimited data, zte