Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2016, 05:23 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: California
THOR #3525
Angry 2012 Schwintek Slide System

Hi everybody new to the forum,we have a 2012 Mobile Suites 38rssb3,is anybody else had problems with their bedroom slides.We are the second owners and having problems,just looking for other owners with this system,Thx Terry

Old 01-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Lots of us with the Schwintek system...
What is the problem you are having?
Old 01-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #3

Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
Terry,

If you are having problems, you might get in touch with Slade at Rolling Retreats. From what someone said on another forum dealing with DRV's, he had rebuilt that someone's Schwintek slide for them.

The link below will take you to the Rolling Retreats "Contact" page, where you'll find his e-mail address. Provide him with your phone number in an e-mail and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't call you.

Rolling Retreats Contact Page

Terry Miller
Old 01-21-2016, 12:15 AM   #4

Model: 36 RSSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #2152
There are several rv manufacturer's that bought this piece o crap system from Lippert. If only we could all get organized for a class action suit. Slade from Rolling Retreats rebuilt ours. A repair place in Las Vegas called Apache something has rebuilt another. Ours lasted almost 4 years before going squirrely. Sorry, you will have to have it rebuilt.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:11 AM   #5

THOR #3525
Hi missourijan,You and I have talked on the Suites website,so you know my problem with the system,I got a repair shop here in Bakersfield,Ca. that knows what they are doing with this system,they are in contact with Lippert,Lippert is asking for pictures and measurements so they can get to the root of the problem,since this system was totally replaced by the pervious owner in September,the hall end motor is gone,but that motor was not installed right,by the dealer in Mesa Az. So hopefully we can get it fixed.Also been in contact with Slade at Rolling Retreats.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:17 AM   #6

THOR #3525
Hi Terry, I have been in contact with Slade,he has been very helpful,I finally found a repair shop here in Bakersfield,Ca. that knows about this system,they are working with Lippert right now.It looks like the measurement specs are off enough to cause this problem,Thx for your response,I am also a Terry.